What's new

Upset over cricket loss, Australian athletes vandalise Village

How about pictures of washing machine after it was destroyed.....And i believe that machine was not in their room...it might be somewhere else...How about CCTV of that location?

Even Australians are not denying the fact machine was thrown and broken, they just want to blame somebody else !

However, according to 'Herald Sun', "Crosswhite confirmed that a washing machine was thrown off the eighth floor of an Australian residential tower in the athletes' village."

But, Crosswhite said he would be surprised if it was an Australian and blamed athletes from other countries who were in the Australian building at the time of the incident.

Just like you guys support killings on innocents in palestine and support Israel just because of your hate against Pakistan...Atleast we are not supporting someones killing...

And i dont know who made comment on begaani shaadi.....As all indian got multiple ids....So we really dont know....

What does Pakistan have to do with Palestine?? Last I checked there was no relation. Except probably the Muslim Ummah. On that front we have almost as many Muslims in India as there are in Pakistan. So your comment makes no sense at all

Just like the one about multiple Ids....

Wth lol ^.-

Washing machine dropped from balcony in Commonwealth Games village | News.com.au

I wander who done it, i doubt anyone went berserk and it does sound abit dramatized notherless sounds like someone had a wild party lol.Should be some sort of punishment apart from the sending home.

Its a shame that these things are somehow always turning into a australia vs india....

Sorry dude here in Asia we dont usually drop heavy things from balcony to down especially when in a foreign country as a guest.

But we may toss people from balconies to down , but never a washing machine or even a microwave oven. :lol:

What does Pakistan have to do with Palestine?? Last I checked there was no relation. Except probably the Muslim Ummah. On that front we have almost as many Muslims in India as there are in Pakistan. So your comment makes no sense at all

Just like the one about multiple Ids....
And what was the sense in posting that earlier post......Our hate and stuff....

Anyway go login with your 2nd id and thank yourself for that post.

Aussie athlete sent home from Delhi Commonwealth Games in disgrace | The Australian

Aussie athlete sent home from Delhi Commonwealth Games in disgrace

AN AUSTRALIAN athlete has been sent home from the Delhi Commonwealth Games in disgrace for late-night partying.

Australian Commonwealth Games boss Perry Crosswhite today confirmed an athlete had been sent home but refused to disclose their identity.

“I’m not going to tell you. It’s a matter between the team and that person. It’s a matter for confidentiality. We will do a report for their sport (federation),” he said.

There have been accusations of all-night drinking sessions among the some Australian athletes, with some leaving the village at night against team rules.

Asked if athletes had been leaving the village after curfew, Crosswhite said he was unaware of that occurring.

“Not that I know of,” said at Delhi airport this morning.

“At the end of the Games, these things happen. Athletes are letting their hair down and we deal with it. There are always incidents that happen.”

Australian runner, Michael Shelley – who won silver in the marathon yesterday - said athletes were mostly well behaved, but said he saw some celebrating teammates returning from a night out while he was eating breakfast.

Crosswhite also confirmed Indian media reports that a washing machine was thrown off the eighth floor of an Australian residential tower in the athletes’ village.

Delhi Police are investigating the incident, which occurred on Wednesday night.

But Crosswhite said he would be surprised if it was an Australian and blamed athletes from other countries who were in the Australian building at the time of the incident.

Indian media reported this morning Australian athletes had gone “berserk” after the Australian cricket team was beaten by India, destroying electrical fittings and furniture.

The Times of India report quoted police sources as saying the athletes shouted slogans against Sachin Tendulkar and flung a washing machine down from the eighth floor of their tower.

"The house-keeping staff tried to stop them but to no avail," said a senior police officer handling security inside the Village.

India completed a 2-0 Test match series sweep against Australia earlier this week.

Delhi Police, who received a complaint about this vandalism, tried to downplay the incidents to prevent them from snowballing into a diplomatic embarrassment for Australia.

Australian athletes are due to board a charter flight home today, but these reports come at the end of a Games where Australia has worked hard to improve its image after two two-fingered salutes from its athletes marred the first week of the event.

Aussies have a bit of fun, now why does that surprise people? But Aussies can expect a payback for their media behaviour during CWG. Our media is not exactly toothless you see :)

LOL @ Pakistanis asking for proof, when proof can be served on a silver platter, and it jumps and bites them in the nose, they will still be in denial :)

Aussie athlete sent home from Delhi Commonwealth Games in disgrace | The Australian

Aussie athlete sent home from Delhi Commonwealth Games in disgrace

AN AUSTRALIAN athlete has been sent home from the Delhi Commonwealth Games in disgrace for late-night partying.

Australian Commonwealth Games boss Perry Crosswhite today confirmed an athlete had been sent home but refused to disclose their identity.

“I’m not going to tell you. It’s a matter between the team and that person. It’s a matter for confidentiality. We will do a report for their sport (federation),” he said.

There have been accusations of all-night drinking sessions among the some Australian athletes, with some leaving the village at night against team rules.

Asked if athletes had been leaving the village after curfew, Crosswhite said he was unaware of that occurring.

“Not that I know of,” said at Delhi airport this morning.

“At the end of the Games, these things happen. Athletes are letting their hair down and we deal with it. There are always incidents that happen.”

Australian runner, Michael Shelley – who won silver in the marathon yesterday - said athletes were mostly well behaved, but said he saw some celebrating teammates returning from a night out while he was eating breakfast.

Crosswhite also confirmed Indian media reports that a washing machine was thrown off the eighth floor of an Australian residential tower in the athletes’ village.

Delhi Police are investigating the incident, which occurred on Wednesday night.

But Crosswhite said he would be surprised if it was an Australian and blamed athletes from other countries who were in the Australian building at the time of the incident.

Indian media reported this morning Australian athletes had gone “berserk” after the Australian cricket team was beaten by India, destroying electrical fittings and furniture.

The Times of India report quoted police sources as saying the athletes shouted slogans against Sachin Tendulkar and flung a washing machine down from the eighth floor of their tower.

"The house-keeping staff tried to stop them but to no avail," said a senior police officer handling security inside the Village.

India completed a 2-0 Test match series sweep against Australia earlier this week.

Delhi Police, who received a complaint about this vandalism, tried to downplay the incidents to prevent them from snowballing into a diplomatic embarrassment for Australia.

Australian athletes are due to board a charter flight home today, but these reports come at the end of a Games where Australia has worked hard to improve its image after two two-fingered salutes from its athletes marred the first week of the event.
This is basically not the same news. Drunken brawls, can be a possibility - outrage over losing a game - doubtful. Also over here only one guy did something, the previous reports were in the plural. So it basically doesn't seem like the same thing.

I would like to see a video of this before I believe it.

Hey,

Forget it. Such things happen when full blooded ppl are together and the strain / tension is over. Quite like college outings ..

Not much should be made of this.

This is basically not the same news. Drunken brawls, can be a possibility - outrage over losing a game - doubtful. Also over here only one guy did something, the previous reports were in the plural. So it basically doesn't seem like the same thing.

Asim lets not create a new standard thats unreasonable AND unreliable. You see videos can be faked, unforms bought, fake Talibs shot!

Asim lets not create a new standard thats unreasonable AND unreliable. You see videos can be faked, unforms bought, fake Talibs shot!
Still there's bound to be tons of CCTV cameras in the CWG village, the footage from them should leak out.

Still there's bound to be tons of CCTV cameras in the CWG village, the footage from them should leak out.

Two possible options..

No CCTV in rooms where the ' action' happened.

GOI wants to snuff it out - these things do not help.

Any way enough is enough. Dafa Karo.

You don't have to believe anything.
The Chef de Mission has tendered an apology to the Games Village Administrator. The MEAs of both countries have stepped in. And the matter has been closed officially.
All the CCTV footage has been archived and will be disposed off as necessary.

Back
Top Bottom