What's new

Update to my previous thread: The AMRAAM Missile Detail

Correct me if I am wrong - but isn't this missile made by Raytheon - hardly a company known for its ethics or corporate social responsibility - not exactly a Novo Nordisk, is it?

I do however believe Raytheon may have allowed retrofitting to a JF17. They want sales, don't they? They could care less if their missile killed some children in Africa.

Sooner or later, more facts will emerge.

Correct me if I am wrong - but isn't this missile made by Raytheon - hardly a company known for its ethics or corporate social responsibility - not exactly a Novo Nordisk, is it?

I do however believe Raytheon may have allowed retrofitting to a JF17. They want sales, don't they? They could care less if their missile killed some children in Africa.

welcome back!

no need to correct you,indians are always right!

It's a curse more than a boon, I tell you.
i can imagine! how you remain sane? how are you not delusional? must be a challenge mentally!

and yes welcome back to Pakistan defense forum!

AMRAAM missile sales are strictly controlled by US government. No it was not fired by JF17. F16 was for sure used in the incursion.

That also means it opens to the possibility the paf bird that went down was a Falcon.

AMRAAM missile sales are strictly controlled by US government. No it was not fired by JF17. F16 was for sure used in the incursion.

That also means it opens to the possibility the paf bird that went down was a Falcon.

No PAF bird went down. There is no wreckage or pilot to prove this. All India can provide is a missile, which might not even be authentic, and even if it is, it in no way proves F-16's crossed the border (could have been fired from the other side, in fact, that's much more probable since the Americans regulate them like crazy and would not allow Pakistan to just go and bomb India with them) or that an F-16 was shot down.

It does, however, mean that a 2nd aircraft was most probably hit since the missile is in India. Since Pakistan was searching for three pilots initially, it could very well be a Su-30MKI.

I don't know about details of the company or its social popularity. However, as I showed above and as a possible explanation given here by a Chinese member, the JF-17 Thunder is definitely capable of AMRAAM.

I already disputed that and showed you, as in the picture I have attached to my original post, courtesy of China National Aero-Technology Import and Export Corporation, the JF-17 Thunder is capable of firing the AMRAAM missiles.

True facts will emerge with time.

No PAF bird went down. There is no wreckage or pilot to prove this. All India can provide is a missile, which might not even be authentic, and even if it is, it in no way proves F-16's crossed the border (could have been fired from the other side, in fact, that's much more probable since the Americans regulate them like crazy and would not allow Pakistan to just go and bomb India with them) or that an F-16 was shot down.

It does, however, mean that a 2nd aircraft was most probably hit since the missile is in India. Since Pakistan was searching for three pilots initially, it could very well be a Su-30MKI.

Forgive my ignorance dude. I did not realise Taiwan was selling AMRAAM scrap on the side and on demand :disagree:

Forgive my ignorance dude. I did not realise Taiwan was selling AMRAAM scrap on the side and on demand :disagree:

If you guys can speculate that RJAF F-16's ended up with Pakistan due to a news report about its sale, then we can argue that the Taiwanese AMRAAM ended up with India due to the news report about Air Force training between India and Taiwan.

I wouldn't be surprised that you managed to get your paws on one. You both hate China and so I'm sure you'd have no problem cooperating with each other.

Forgeries are also a thing you know.

Until you get the pilot and wreckage, it didn't happen.

i can imagine! how you remain sane? how are you not delusional? must be a challenge mentally!

and yes welcome back to Pakistan defense forum!
I never left buddy. Were you banned?

Let me tell you and the likes of you few things.....
  • We have your pilot in our custody - a fact
  • We have wreckage of your plane mig 21- a fact
  • We have documents showing AMRAAM being sold to Taiwan, taken off the web site for USG - a fact and is the most recent one
  • the document being presented by indians is from archive - an outdated document - a fact
  • You don't have wreckage of F-16 - a fact
  • You don't have pilot of f-16 - a fact
  • you don't have digital signature of f-16 - a fact (unless you bring it out to the world)
  • you have a metal piece of 3 x3 scrap with numbers painted - a fact

unless you have a fact to counter us, please bring it forward otherwise don't waste forum space with your usual rants.....

given the indian track record of forgery, till doubt left that they did not stencil the numbers on a piece of scrap metal.....unless you have more evidence to back up your claim....

Unless you work for Raytheon or the US DoD; and can confirm through multiple verifiable sources that the explicit use and integration of the missile by the JF-17 is disallowed, your opinion is of no consequence.

You're also so sure of the use of F-16; the IAF should release the RWR/TWR tones by our aircraft. Otherwise; mere conjecture and kool-aid by your governments for you to chest thump and go on a wankfest.

Don't shove propaganda intended for your gullible bunch down our throats.

DG ISPR has said no F-16 were used in operation , he was talking about the bombing run which hit Indian military sites , shooting down Indian pilots within Pakistani air space could mean it was a trap set up , they send JF and Mirage to do the bombing and F-16 were on hold inside Pakistani territory for when IaF jets cross over , like this we can used F-16 effectively and also can tell USA that their weapons were only used as a defensive posture not as offensive ..

This might be the scenario but again I will wait for the official news .which will come over the time

Back
Top Bottom