What's new

Update on Corona virus.

Why is it scary? Are you scared because of the media hype or do you know the scientific details of the virus?

Perhaps because it isn't as dangerous as it is being made out to be.
Read Bharwanas message. Its scary cz it has incubation period ,making it impossible to detect if u show no symptoms

Read Bharwanas message. Its scary cz it has incubation period ,making it impossible to detect if u show no symptoms

From what I know is that there is too little information about the virus right now.
It is so early that they haven't even named the virus yet. Coronavirus is a generic name given for similar viruses.

To date it is fatal only to those with pre-existing illness and/or with weak immune systems. The old and weak are specially vulnerable.

I am no expert or even informed person. Just saying.... A lot of this may just turn out to be fear mongering than an actual threat.

From what I know is that there is too little information about the virus right now.
It is so early that they haven't even named the virus yet. Coronavirus is a generic name given for similar viruses.

To date it is fatal only to those with pre-existing illness and/or with weak immune systems. The old and weak are specially vulnerable.

I am no expert or even informed person. Just saying.... A lot of this may just turn out to be fear mongering than an actual threat.
I hope its just fear mongering and not the reality.

Why is it scary? Are you scared because of the media hype or do you know the scientific details of the virus?

Because of the media hype. Can you please enlighten us all with some scientific details?

No laboratories in Pakistan to detect the disease, but we have metro buses and Garhi khudha bakhsh shrines.

Maybe there is a divine plan to reduce population in areas where it is excessive on the environment.. may Allah have mercy.

Because of the media hype. Can you please enlighten us all with some scientific details?

He doesnt know any scientific details, he clearly says he is No expert neither did he bother reading the Chinese Health Comissioner who said the virus is contagious even in incubation period.

I think the spread of virus is much wider than what Chinese authorities are letting out in public. Otherwise what are the chances that someone who is from wuhan town, who is visiting Pakistan to have that virus. Why would they otherwise lock out an entire town?

We need to stop the flow of people from China until this is over. In fact we should stop the flow of people from any country where there have been such cases.
Need to check and test every person moving in and out across the China Pakistan border. Our government is not capable to control any epidemic. May Allah shower his blessings on muslims (Ameen).

Meanwhile keep you and your family safe.

Some queries and answers only for those who are interested, others may move on.

How do you get the coronavirus?
Most coronaviruses spread the same way other cold-causing viruses do, through infected people coughing and sneezing, by touching an infected person's hands or face, or by touching things such as doorknobs that infected people have touched.

Does coronavirus cause death?
Infection of humans with the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV) results in substantial morbidity and mortality, with death resulting primarily from respiratory failure. While the lungs are the major site of infection, the brain is also infected in some patients.

What kills coronavirus?
Most household disinfectants readily kill coronavirus immediately. Room temperature kills coronavirus within 48 hours. Carpeting is protective to the virus and the virus is able to survive in carpeting for at least 7 weeks.

Is coronavirus curable?

This makes it difficult to gauge the coronavirus' impact on national economies and public health. There is no cure, so treatments include taking care of yourself and over-the-counter (OTC) medication: Rest and avoid overexertion

Which medications are used for the treatment of coronavirus pneumonia?
Updated: Jan 22, 2020
Protease inhibitors (eg, lopinavir/ritonavir) demonstrated antiviral activity against severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV) infection. [100] Interferon alfa and interferon beta have activity against SARS-CoV in vitro and in animal models. Limited human data seemed to demonstrate some beneficial effect. [101]
https://www.medscape.com/answers/300455-107917/which-medications-are-used-for-the-treatment-of-coronavirus-pneumonia

How long before it spreads all over?
At the times of old, our Muslim elders used to hold themselves responsible for whatever evil will befall them, and refer to it as a punishment from heavens.
People of Baghdad did not say Genghis Khan was spilling their blood because he was an evil, but because they had earned the punishment through their own disobedience to the Creator.

So China oppresses Uighurs and faces punishment, and who is standing next in line for being in bed with the oppressor?

That's just my perspective and I do not claim to know everything.

Allah knows better and may He protect all innocents of my country and in China and else where.
It's not punishment but conspiracy of using biological weapon to attack China by some countries. BTW, all the smearing about China abuse of Uyghur.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/more...llite-images-show.648079/page-4#post-12048282

by touching things such as doorknobs that infected people have touched.

How on earth can such a virus be stopped? Its like everyone needs to dress up in radiation suits.

Could this virus be more deadlier than nuclear bomb? Or any new viruses produced in lab? Are we prepare to deal with these kind of crisis.

It's not punishment but conspiracy of using biological weapon to attack China by some countries. BTW, all the smearing about China abuse of Uyghur.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/more...llite-images-show.648079/page-4#post-12048282
Even the Chinese authorities don't believe this shit. Wumao theories should take a backseat now.
It's your weird eating habits that put you in this place.

Do not eat bats, even fruit bats can indirectly cause many mortal diseases like Nipah fever, Corona etc... just by eating any fruits bitten by bats. Eating bats directly is asking for trouble.

Sort this crap out asap please. Lockdown, lockdown and lockdown. Isolate the patients and ensure quarantine measures are in place. Pakistani facilities are well equipped in the big cities. When patients are identified it can be contained. It's going to be damn difficult to identify the carriers though.

Situation is clearly getting grave and must be aggressively countered now.
Do not eat bats, even fruit bats can indirectly cause many mortal diseases like Nipah fever, Corona etc... just by eating any fruits bitten by bats. Eating bats directly is asking for trouble.
This is very true. They carry rare parasitic organisms too. Some animals are domesticated for a reason, some have always been "bushmeat".

Back
Top Bottom