What's new

Unstable Pak behind defence expenses: Chidambaram

Status
Not open for further replies.
But in India civilian government is supreme and defense commanders have to obey them.
Only on the surface otherwise if your Generals tell your civilian politicians about a perceived threat, you think your politicians would not comply?

Concern is not over your spending, please keep spending as much as you could, the concern is over using our name as a reason. Your government is not spending because Pakistan is a threat, but because she wants to attain the status of the so-called Super Power. Your leaders should develop some spine and start telling you the truth rather than exploiting your emotions while presenting Pakistan as your ultimate nightmare.

It difficult to judge other countryman's trust, if defense minister feels justified and he is able to convince people then that's OK. I believe same should be true with your country?

Only on the surface otherwise if your Generals tell your civilian politicians about a perceived threat, you think your politicians would not comply?

No, Military can only plead but final decision rests with civilian government. This can be seen after Mumbai attacks too ( Recent example).

It difficult to judge other countryman's trust, if defense minister feels justified and he is able to convince people then that's OK. I believe same should be true with your country?
You mean its OK that someone makes you fool only because he has his own reasons and justifications to make you fool? You yourself have no brain? no read? no intellect?

No, Military can only plead but final decision rests with civilian government. This can be seen after Mumbai attacks too ( Recent example).
Dude that was American intervention, plain and simple. It was simply not in the interest of USA that Pakistan diverts her attention from the North-Western borders to the Eastern border. You are giving too much credit to your government than she actually deserves.

You mean its OK that someone makes you fool only because he has his own reasons and justifications to make you fool? You yourself have no brain? no read? no intellect?

No one is fool, defense minister takes inputs from various sources including military and intelligence then takes decisions.

Let people from adversary country think whatever.

Dude that was American intervention, plain and simple. It was simply not in the interest of USA that Pakistan diverts her attention from the North-Western borders to the Eastern border. You are giving too much credit to your government than she actually deserves.

Nope that's what you think, GOI took decision in Parliament attack too.

Nope that's what you think, GOI took decision in Parliament attack too.
I am glad that you are living in this type of ignorance. I would be more concerned about an awaring adversary than an ignorant one.

You have no idea, how many times in the past some idiots haven't. Military is no way as strong as in Pakistan. An MoD senior Babu can tick off the chief of Army on a bad day...

this thread is not required...

What PC said exactly is this,

"Had the neighbouring countries been stable, peaceful and were oriented in a friendly manner towards India, our allocation of such a big fund for defence in the budget would not have arisen"

and

"our neighbouring countries does not see us as friends, particularly Pakistan doesnt see us as friends... "

So in the above statemnts he has covered both the countires i.e both China(not friendly oriented) and Pakistan(unstable)... but he also added that out ot two Pakistan is more oriented not to see us as friends(as compared to other i.e China)...... whiic is true and not false....

But he also means China...as is clear above.....and he no way says that budget is because of Pak alone.... he means clearly it is because of both...China and Pak.....

I am glad that you are living in this type of ignorance. I would be more concerned about an awaring adversary than an ignorant one.

Whatever I support defense minister here after all he is responsible for defense.

You have no idea, how many times in the past some idiots haven't. Military is no way as strong as in Pakistan. An MoD senior Babu can tick off the chief of Army on a bad day...
No, there is no comparison, but a civilian minister would brush aside military's recommendations especially on perceived threat is not going to happen, it does not happen nowhere.

Concern is not over your spending, please keep spending as much as you could, the concern is over using our name as a reason. Your government is not spending because Pakistan is a threat, but because she wants to attain the status of the so-called Super Power. Your leaders should develop some spine and start telling you the truth rather than exploiting your emotions while presenting Pakistan as your ultimate nightmare.

ummmmm....well so if that is the case then you would know why we are spending right - So then tell me why does Pakistan spend more on defense purchases?

Its clear and simple you back down and we will not spend. You openly say that whats the use of developing nukes when they can't be used. Is that not threatening us? We still maintain a no first use - Don't we?

You have people like HS, ZH and your Army + ISI working against India what would you call that? and please don't ask for proofs cos we have put it on your govt's table. If those proofs were not true then your GOVT would not have taken action against its OWN CITIZENS. WHAT MORE PROOF DO YOU WANT TO RECOGNIZE THAT IT IS NOT OUR AGENDA BUT AN ACTION AGAINST YOUR'S?

Even if I buy your argument that India wants to be a super-power and uses Pakistan's name - WELL THEN BUDDY WAKE UP - NO STATE WILL DECLARE IT OPENLY. I RECOMMEND YOU TAKE A POLITICS-101 and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND CHANAKYA i.e. KNOWING WHO HE WAS TO JUST START WITH.

AND END WITH HIS THEORIES!

Please get a realistic argument!

:cheers:

BTW why is this discussion. Pakistan is unstable and brink of collapse economically, whole world knows about it. so no need of Chidambram telling in press conference.
Absolutely, why talking about an unstable country which is at the brink of collapse economically? Either that country is not unstable and on the brink of an economic collapse irrespective of what 'the whole world knows' or your minister is a lier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom