What's new

United States of South India

Isn’t it time the South received it's due?

After all, 20% of the population contributes a full 30% of India's tax revenues. This is the money that runs the country.

The South also delivers a fourth of India's GDP. It is not only an economic bellwether with low unemployment, a high rate of industrialisation and a per capita GDP that is over double that of the Hindi belt, it is also leaps ahead on human development and social indicators.

Child development indices are double to 7 times higher than the Hindi states, literacy rates tend towards an average of 80% with a 10-point difference against the North, and accessibility to health and hygiene facilities is radically better.

The gulf in human development is so stark that while fertility rates in the South are closer to that of Western Europe, much of the North is still getting their act together on basic issues like birthing babies without losing mothers.

The bottom line is that the development politics of the South has made it economically comparable to Hong Kong, while the atavistic politics of the North has dropped it far down the scales in the last six decades.

Like a Shakespearean drama though, the heroes with higher state GDP per capita, that is, Net State GDP per person, receive a lower devolution from centre to state, of state revenues. The South is effectively slammed for having scaled up its per capita incomes to the top 10 in India and scaled down poverty to half that of the rest of India

A measly fifth of the population sponsors India's tax revenues to the tune of a third of the total, and in return, the five Deccan states get a paltry 18% of funds allocated back from the centre.

south%20india%20economy%20tara%201%20bs_1.jpg

Source: Business Standard

The state allocations speak to the quantum of skew. While Tamil Nadu gets about 40 paise for every rupee it generates for the centre, Uttar Pradesh fattens itself on Rs 1.8 per rupee it generates. It should be remembered that Uttar Pradesh had a distinct economic and social advantage over the southern states coming out of British rule, which it has simply squandered away through mis-governance and profligacy. The South, in turn, for prioritising education, health, economy and social reform, as governments should, receives the proverbial slap.
Little wonder then that Chief Ministers across the southern states, regardless of political dispensation have cried foul for years now. The Andhra CM took the most fun route and urged locals to resort to rapid reproduction to compensate. The Telengana CM played victim and pleaded for special allocations while the Tamil Nadu CM has resorted to aggressive posturing on the GST.

Going beyond states and in keeping with the gross disproportion, the Urban Development Ministry allocated Rs 20,000 crores in 2016 for the development of Delhi alone. That, is more than the cumulative allocations for Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai and Kochi. This, when the cities of the South are the top job creators for India with massive immigration for both the formal and informal sectors, levying a heavy strain on infrastructure and urban development.

In putting India ahead of narrow regional interests and generating extraordinary tax revenues to fund Delhi, UP, Bihar, MP and the overpopulated, under-educated, under-delivering, and over-pandered Hindi belt, the south carries a heavy cross year after year. For this achievement, the south gets a fiscal allocation downside, as vote-bank electioneering of the north overrides federalist policies.

Moral? The lower the per capita income and higher the population, the greater the reward. In other words, a Dakshin Bharat Cess.

Below is the Fourteenth Finance Commission's own admission of percent of states' GDP transferred by centre, with a 2-5x tilt towards UP or Bihar or MP.

PErcentage-of-GSDP.jpg

Adding salt to the economic injury, the South gets a step-motherly treatment culturally as well. Funds for the preservation and nurturing of its unique identity and autonomy are negligible to non-existent. The propagation of Hindi, for example, just one of the official languages of India, gets thirty times the amount allocated for all other languages combined!

What is taken from the South and what is returned for its development reeks of bias. What then is the solution when democratically rendered justifications, pleas, complaints, negotiations and bargains have failed to strike a chord for decades?

@Sinopakfriend @kvpak @SarthakGanguly @Levina @duhastmish @Radio Mirchi

@SrNair We are all Indians right? But the central government loves Northern Bhaiyyas more.
Hello, I'm Indian from Karnataka. I don't understand why you're fighting your cause in PDF. It's an international forum. Please be aware when talk shit.

Hello, I'm Indian from Karnataka. I don't understand why you're fighting your cause in PDF. It's an international forum. Please be aware when talk shit.
He's another jihad loving commie/congie leftist.

and I'm done with the you inbred @save_ghenda

to think I even tried to have a normal conversation with you, but no, you inbred (mum and pa and cousins) have some serious brain defects.

Dont be jealous bhaiyya! Your time will come or else you can always go on a gang rape spree with your bhaiyya buddies. That's how you people like do it in north.
Since you have have been to bangalore and goa. You know that all those working girls are from UP ,Bihar and nearby states.

Respect those women bro. You too have those working girls in your family working hard and putting food on your table. While you brag in here how great North Indians are.
Rape happens here in B'lore, TN, MH, KL & AP. So.

Because on an Indian forum these North Indian bhaiyyas ban people like me right away.

They dont want someone to reveal their true self. These bhaiyyas have been exploiting western and southern Indians for almost 7 decades.

Rape happens here in B'lore, TN, MH, KL & AP. So.
It happens in there too. But most of the times North Indian Bhaiyyas are involved.

Most of rapists from haryana up bihar chattisgarh and mp.

Yups also in Pak, Afg, Ban, SL, China, entire Asia, Euro, America, Africa & even Antarctica. Why blame whole human community?
Dont beat around the bush. 90% of incidents of violence against women be it rape or honor killing are reported from Hindi belt. Dont pull the we are all humans card. Please dont mock my intelligence.
Are you a kannadiga or just some bhaiyya born in Bangalore?

Because on an Indian forum these North Indian bhaiyyas ban people like me right away.

They dont want someone to reveal their true self. These bhaiyyas have been exploiting western and southern Indians for almost 7 decades.

It happens in there too. But most of the times North Indian Bhaiyyas are involved.

If you've faced any discrimination from any Indian bro & sis of yours you should go to institution and complain to take action on those. Bla here in international forum is not solution. Only you can sleep for an night.

If the GCC/KSA put their money where their mouth is they would have given the same legal preferance to Pak workers like UK did for Poles etc.

If they had millions of Pak workers would be in GCC/KSA where presently Indian workers are. That wopuld have brought in billions more into Pakistan, lifting the entire country and providing extra tax dollars that might pay for all these toys for the military that PDfers regulary lust over.
The Arabs do have their own version of Polish, they are the Lebanese or Syrians. Just that they are religious in an entirely different way, they still think us as recent converts, while they were the "first ones", not all but at least some from my experience.

Dear separatists, please cry more. I really like the sound of your cry!!!
Separatists? What separatists? There are no separatists. Maybe some mistakes were made in the past while handling the Southern states and people will talk about it. But believe me nobody wants to separate. I don't think any southerner wants to leave their own country and civilization.

The south is under attack.

They just do not know it yet.

And the biggest joke?

Keyboard southern warriors are deluded enough to believe that they are actually one with the attackers.

There is a complicated English word for this mass delusion.

It's called schadenfreude ....

@Ehtesham96

Adil, sorry to say, it is neither an English word nor does it mean mass delusion. You probably mixed up with something else

But India ceased being a nation of individuals in 2014.
utter rubbish. Is your opinion because Sonia Gnadhi lost or Modi won?

Very amusing thread. My own experience is:

* there is no difference between South and North India in spite of language differences
* Lot more SIs live in NI than NIs in SI

Other than the geographic direction there is no such thing as South India - Tamil Nadu, Karnatak and Andhra Pradesh / Telengana are more in competition with each other.

And it is REALLY stupid for anybody to claim South Indian states somehow contributes lot more to Indian exchequer than other states.

And it is ABSOLUTELY fine for richer states to contribute to poorer state - no parity equired....just like there is no quota for number of soldiers from each state.

To me it is simple: Karala has the beauty, TN the temples, Karnataka the sandalwoods, Andhra/Telengana the Chillies & gonkura, Maharashtra the mangoes, Gujarath the lions and Mt.Abu, Rajasthan the palaces, Haryana Gurgaon, New Delhi the parliament, Punjab the rajma, J&K the lake and the valley, Bengal the poetry, Orissa the dance, Assam the green, ...and I could go on

Some have tried the aryan dravidian card and failed.
Some tried the state language card and failed.
Some tried the hindu muslim card and failed.
Some tried tech divide card and failed.
Some tried the caste Hindu dalit card and failed.

Must be quite frustrating to enemies of India and cheats who want to free load claiming caste advantage.

After all your rant, I can just laugh that you have photo of Rajnikanth in your profile who is originally from Maharashtra and considered as North India ( North and South division is based on Language and not regional).

After all your rant, I can just laugh that you have photo of Rajnikanth in your profile who is originally from Maharashtra and considered as North India ( North and South division is based on Language and not regional).
You are dumb af. I am going to pray to devi saraswati that she multiplies your brain cells.
Hari Om!

Adil, sorry to say, it is neither an English word nor does it mean mass delusion. You probably mixed up with something else

utter rubbish. Is your opinion because Sonia Gnadhi lost or Modi won?

Very amusing thread. My own experience is:

* there is no difference between South and North India in spite of language differences
* Lot more SIs live in NI than NIs in SI

Other than the geographic direction there is no such thing as South India - Tamil Nadu, Karnatak and Andhra Pradesh / Telengana are more in competition with each other.

And it is REALLY stupid for anybody to claim South Indian states somehow contributes lot more to Indian exchequer than other states.

And it is ABSOLUTELY fine for richer states to contribute to poorer state - no parity equired....just like there is no quota for number of soldiers from each state.

To me it is simple: Karala has the beauty, TN the temples, Karnataka the sandalwoods, Andhra/Telengana the Chillies & gonkura, Maharashtra the mangoes, Gujarath the lions and Mt.Abu, Rajasthan the palaces, Haryana Gurgaon, New Delhi the parliament, Punjab the rajma, J&K the lake and the valley, Bengal the poetry, Orissa the dance, Assam the green, ...and I could go on

Some have tried the aryan dravidian card and failed.
Some tried the state language card and failed.
Some tried the hindu muslim card and failed.
Some tried tech divide card and failed.
Some tried the caste Hindu dalit card and failed.

Must be quite frustrating to enemies of India and cheats who want to free load claiming caste advantage.

You are correct. It's German in origin. But it's extremely apt to describe southie sanghi keyboarders.

There are enough evidence where Indians from other states are harassed as illiegal immigrants in India. Moreover, there are millions of illegal Indians immigrating to Bangladesh in search of a better life, there are even designated slums for them. Yet, nobody here gives an excuse that development of Bangladesh is hampered by the illegal immigrants.

The main reason behind the downfall for West Bengal and Bihar are given in post #40.

Lol:lol:
What is actually in that hellhole for better life?
The so called Indians might be the earlier polevaulters from BD to India and settled nearer to Assam border.Look at thr demography in that area.
And there was one,a BD immigrant,that arrested in our state for a brutal rape case .

Back
Top Bottom