What's new

United Bengal / Greater Bangladesh : Possible?

Global Warming will force Bengalis of Bangladesh to move to West Bengal and other parts of India

Timestamped it..the engineering challenge may be more or less impossible..Atlas Pro says is impossible

Global Warming will force Bengalis of Bangladesh to move to West Bengal and other parts of India

Timestamped it..the engineering challenge may be more or less impossible..Atlas Pro says is impossible

Facts on the ground tells a different picture of new islands surfacing in BD and we are actually gaining land.

Global warming is real and doom and gloom predictions gets attention but we are yet to see this nonsense realised as far as BD is concerned.

What we have seen is more cyclones and better disaster management and readiness is the order of the day.

How very typical West Pakistani of you.Tres reminscent of the establishmentarians of the Ayub regime.
Will first address the question of my identity since this is always raised during my posts.
@Cliftonite
Make up your mind 😊 You once classified me as an " Indian Muslim " with a jehadi mindset or someone called "Shantanu" ; then a Bangladeshi ( @mb444 ) here thinks I am West Bengali Hindu, and another couple of Bangladeshi gentleman ( @Michael Corleone; @Bilal9 ) identified me as a resident of the Stranded Pakistani Refugee Camp in Mohammedpur Dhaka with the derogatory term "Bihari". I wish Bilal and Michael meet the real Biharis, when traveling by train or bus from Kolkata to Ajmer. They will find them very different from the starving wretched debris of war in the Geneva refugee camp. ( To jog their memories it was the Bihar regiment of the Indian Army operating deep inside Bangladesh.)
1610390711520.png

The Bihar Regiment on parade

There is a large expat white collar upper caste Hindu Bihari population in Detroit USA with which Pakistanis professionally interact. These are mostly Bhumihar Brahmins and Rajputs. At this point we will leave it to the imagination of our Bangladeshi guests what real Biharis think of Bengalis in general and particularly Bangladeshis.
"Ek Bihari Sau par bhari" is their slogan when they come visiting.
@Michael Corleone, @Bilal9
How do you like these Biharis ?
Please don't have them marching into Sabhar Cantt.
1610391066323.jpeg

@xeuss here identified me as an Indian Muslim resident in India. Now I am a "West Pakistani" when there is no such a country as "West" Pakistan. Let's move on.
---------
I would argue otherwise. Pakistan would have been much stronger with East Pakistan at its side.
We had enough of handling climate disasters and famine in that territory apart from the strain of defending an indefensible territory. No country can sustain a remote territory in the face of overwhelming logistical advantage to the adversary. The U.K. had to give up its Channel Island territory to the Germans in World War 2 focusing on home defense instead.

Firstly, our combined population would be 420 million. A third of India's as opposed to a sixth of India's today. We would be the third largest country in the world. And the de facto leader of the Muslim world.
Another delusion. The Indian Muslims live in isolated pockets within a majority matrix mostly in filthy slums on a starvation poverty level . One in every four beggars or starvation level person is an Indian Muslim. Indian Muslims are not in a majority anywhere within the territory of India except in the distant Laccative islands ( population 70,000 on 32 sq.km) and in the Kashmir valley. We know how Kashmir is going.
Bangladesh is itself a "pocket " in the Indian landmass and any hostile action towards India will have very tragic consequences.

Secondly our economy would be much much stronger.
How? Bangladesh received $ 24 billion to pull itself out of disaster and was in the red for four and half decades. Pakistan would never have survived the economic stress.
If Bangladesh was such a hot shot economy why would millions migrate into India just to survive. How many Pakistanis migrate into India for jobs ( Major Adnan Sami excluding).
You harp on and on like a typical 1960s martial race ideologue (I don't blame you, my dad is also tainted by the same views since he grew up in that time) about how East Pakistan was some indefensible swampland.
Never talked about a martial race.
How exactly would Bangladesh defend or retaliate against an Indian Brahmos attack. Bangladesh wouldn't even know the attack was coming and few landing in Motijheel, Peel Khana and Tejgaon would incapacitate Dhaka in minutes. Bangladesh has no ballistic missile defense and no theater missile defense batteries either. It has no missile assets for retaliation. With the BAF knocked out a single airborne helo or paratrooper assault on the main capital is a serious threat against which Bangladesh has no defense. The old Mukti Bahini people's resistance doesn't work because there is no source of friendly allies suppling war materials or sanctuary this time. Once a country is isolated and surrounded insurgencies rarely last very long. During world war two the heroic Polish resistance to Germany collapsed once the Soviet Union cordoned Poland off in the east and Germany invaded from the West, France, Britain, Canada etc. who pledged aid to Poland could do nothing as they had no access.
There is no country in the world that can help Bangladesh in a war with India, not even China.

Well you forget- India's most vulnerable point is the Siliguri corridor. Tripura is surrounded on all sides by Bangladesh. And the indefensible land excuse wears thin. If a tiny tract of land like Israel can ward off 5 enemies, Bangladesh is still more defensible.
Have already answered this in my previous post. Bangladesh can only threaten Siliguri at the risk of its own destruction and the Bangladesh Army will be fighting the Eastern Command that alone has the capability of taking out Bangladesh. India has full transit access across Bangladesh which it will wrest and hold. The Israeli comparison is ludicrous. Israel has the support of every superpower (including China ) and is a nuclear power itself. It faces weak corrupt incompetent Arab kingdoms that hate each other more than they hate Israel. But even Israel is careful whom it fights with.
The Israeli Air Force Chief said of Air Marshal Nur Khan after the 1965 war: "The bad thing is that Nur Khan knows his job. The good thing is that he is not an Arab"

T
Will first address the question of my identity since this is always raised during my posts.
@Cliftonite
Make up your mind 😊 You once classified me as an " Indian Muslim " with a jehadi mindset or someone called "Shantanu" ; then a Bangladeshi ( @mb444 ) here thinks I am West Bengali Hindu, and another couple of Bangladeshi gentleman ( @Michael Corleone; @Bilal9 ) identified me as a resident of the Stranded Pakistani Refugee Camp in Mohammedpur Dhaka with the derogatory term "Bihari". I wish Bilal and Michael meet the real Biharis, when traveling by train or bus from Kolkata to Ajmer. They will find them very different from the starving wretched debris of war in the Geneva refugee camp. ( To jog their memories it was the Bihar regiment of the Indian Army operating deep inside Bangladesh.)
View attachment 705881

There is a large expat white collar upper caste Hindu Bihari population in Detroit USA with which Pakistanis professionally interact. These are mostly Bhumihar Brahmins and Rajputs. At this point we will leave it to the imagination of our Bangladeshi guests what real Biharis think of Bengalis in general and particularly Bangladeshis.
View attachment 705882

@xeuss here identified me as an Indian Muslim resident in India. Now I am a "West Pakistani" when there is no such a country as "West" Pakistan. Let's move on.
---------

We had enough of handling climate disasters and famine in that territory apart from the strain of defending an indefensible territory. No country can sustain a remote territory in the face of overwhelming logistical advantage to the adversary. The U.K. had to give up its Channel Island territory to the Germans in World War 2 focusing on home defense instead.

Another delusion. The Indian Muslims live in isolated pockets within a majority matrix mostly in filthy slums on a starvation poverty level . One in every four beggars or starvation level person is an Indian Muslim. Indian Muslims are not in a majority anywhere within the territory of India except in the distant Laccative islands ( population 70,000 on 32 sq.km) and in the Kashmir valley. We know how Kashmir is going.
Bangladesh is itself a "pocket " in the Indian landmass and any hostile action towards India will have very tragic consequences.

How? Bangladesh received $ 24 billion to pull itself out of disaster and was in the red for four and half decades. Pakistan would never have survived the economic stress.
If Bangladesh was such a hot shot economy why would millions migrate into India just to survive. How many Pakistanis migrate into India for jobs ( Major Adnan Sami excluding).

How exactly would Bangladesh defend or retaliate against an Indian Brahmos attack. Bangladesh wouldn't even know the attack was coming and few landing in Motijheel, Peel Khana and Tejgaon would incapacitate Dhaka in minutes. Bangladesh has no ballistic missile defense and no theater missile defense batteries either. It has no missile assets for retaliation. With the BAF knocked out a single airborne helo or paratrooper assault on the main capital is a serious threat against which Bangladesh has no defense. The old Mukti Bahini people's resistance doesn't work because there is no source of friendly allies suppling war materials or sanctuary this time. Once a country is isolated and surrounded insurgencies rarely last very long. During world war two the heroic Polish resistance to Germany collapsed once the Soviet Union cordoned Poland off in the east and Germany invaded from the West, France, Britain, Canada etc. who pledged aid to Poland could do nothing as they had no access.
There is no country in the world that can help Bangladesh in a war with India, not even China.

Have already answered this in my previous post. Bangladesh can only threaten Siliguri at the risk of its own destruction and the Bangladesh Army will be fighting the Eastern Command that alone has the capability of taking out Bangladesh. India has full transit access across Bangladesh which it will wrest and hold. The Israeli comparison is ludicrous. Israel has the support of every superpower (including China ) and is a nuclear power itself. It faces weak corrupt incompetent Arab kingdoms that hate each other more than they hate Israel. But even Israel is careful whom it fights with.
The Israeli Air Force Chief said of Air Marshal Nur Khan after the 1965 war: "The bad thing is that Nur Khan knows his job. The good thing is that he is not an Arab"
Those soilders are not Bihari they are para SF in march in thiruvamathpuraram

Can you show me where

Where?
Bangladesh received $ 24 billion to pull itself out of disaster

Last edited:
I wish Bangladeshi culture was truly Muslim. Bangladesh could have developed its own vibrant Muslim Bengali culture and identity rather than mimic ( rather poorly) its West Bengali counterpart. So some one wrote a nice song " Notun Bangladesh bolbo mora..." but it rapidly faded into obscurity, and a century old "Dhono Dhanne Pushpe bhora " reigns supreme ( sans the Sanskrit vandana that is sung as a prelude. ).
The success of " Hindu" ( rather Indian) Bengali culture is due to its inclusiveness, and at least in its literature, and art form essentially secular.
This makes it attractive to even a non-Bengali Urdu speaker like myself. My own mother tongue which I love very much has been inclusive also and not limited by religious parochial boundaries. Like Urdu, Indian Bengali culture keeps evolving in genre and content, from the Baul culture, to the independence struggle led by Subhas Bose to the modern liberal Marxist culture of Jadavpur and Calcutta University. The Indian Bengali culture keeps evolving and getting a wider acceptance and audience beyond those whose mother tongue is not Bengali.

I am therefore not impressed by Suvorna Mustafa ( Kan kota Ramzan ) but find Debashree Roy in "36 Chowringhee Lane " very acceptable. Indian Bengali culture is linked to the Bengali Renaissance which pulled the old India from medievalism into the modern age even though this was due to
British colonial influence.
Which is why Indian Bengali movies, by Satyajit Ray get subtitled and win awards at international film festivals and Champa remains unknown as an actress outside Bangladesh but Konkona Sen Sharma is known globally.

Actually this is not true. Bangladeshis make a beeline for Kolkata, and go splurge shopping in the malls and in New Market and Burrabazaar for sarees and female apparel. The return Biman flights to Dhaka are overloaded. When possible, Bangladeshis also travel to cool off in Darjeeling, Mirik and Kurseong, Wealthy Bangladeshis send their boys to study in the fine missionary schools such as St.Patrick's Darjeeling, or Goethal's memorial school Kurseong. West Bengal has some of the finest technical colleges such as IIT Kharagpur, College of Engineering Jadavpuur and REC Durgapur amongst others. Kolkata is only a provincial capital in India but there is no comparison with Dhaka and a comparison of the two cities would need a separate thread in itself.
I am afraid the Partition of Bengal was lopsided. India got the cream of the region, with a beautiful Port City, a resource rich hinterland with coal mining and steel and iron industries, beautiful tea gardens, hill stations and a diverse highly literate, population.
With apologies but there is just NO comparison between West Bengal and Bangladesh.

A good point ! No it doesn't make Pakistan's past cultural identity questionable. If it was present then , yes.
Our current cultural identity is reforming and so is India's. Pakistan is not borrowing any attribute from elsewhere to define itself.
In fact when Pakistan became independent it's national song (as distinct from national anthem) was written by a Hindu poet from Lahore whose name was Jagannath Azad. His song " Aye sar zameene Pak..." was broadcast from Radio Pakistan on 14th August, 1947 and it continued to serve as a national song till 1953, when Hafeez Jullandri wrote the National Anthem." Pak sar zameen shad bad " Hafeez Jalandhari was a Pakistani citizen when he wrote this song. Pakistan could have taken one of Iqbal's poem " Ya rab dile Muslim ko ..." or some other and adopted it but we didn't because Iqbal died before Pakistan was formed and none of his poems were inclusive. The Pakistani national anthem was specifically written to be inclusive and secular. Pakistan didn't have to borrow from India or any other country to define itself.

Of course the person who wrote the Indian and Bangladeshi national anthems was Bengali.,
So the question is which Bengali?
Because we already agreed there were two cultures. Wouldn't it have been better for a modern Muslim Bangladeshi to have written a secular inclusive national anthem just like Pakistan did ?
Yes, Tagore wrote the a poem which got adopted as the Indian national anthem. This was highly controversial because the poem had originally been written in praise of the Prince of Wales though the poetry is such that it can be interpreted to mean the praise of the nation. Which is why the Azad Hind Fauj ( Indian National Army ) under Subhas Bose did not use the Bengali version of the anthem but used only parts of it in a Hindi anthem titled " Sab sukh chain"...
(All joy and contentment ...).
But India adopting a Bengali language ( rather 90% Sanskrit mix) as it's national anthem is perfectly acceptable. India is a multi-iingual
country, and adopting one Sanskrit song is no big deal. India has numerous patriotic songs. in every one of its 21 + languages. A multilingual environment helps.

Don't fully understand the question. There are generally two kinds of Bengalis. Indian Bengalis and Bangladeshis. Yes, Indian Bengalis do consider themselves Indians first, whatever their political orientation, whether it is the rightwing Shyama Prasad Mukherji, Centrist Siddhartha Shankar Ray, or Marxist Jyoti Basu. Having said that, their Bengali cultural identity remains. This is the case with most states of India barring states where there is active insurgency such as Kashmir and Nagaland. This is also the case with Pakistan. We are Pakistanis first, and then Baluchi, Sindhi, Pashtun, Punjabi. We have a link language. A Punjabi and Pashtun will talk in Urdu just as an Indian Bengali will talk to a Bihari from his neighboring state in English or Hindi. Pakistan and India are multicultural, multilingual states where individual cultural identity is acknowledged. Bangladesh is a mono-linguistic monocultural country. So Bangladeshis find it hard to understand how different cultures and languages can coexist.

Of course India has a claim to Tagore, and likewise India has a claim to Iqbal also. India will have a claim on everything pre-1947. Driven by logic, India can claim everything not just poets but the people and land with the argument, this was ours, we want it back.
Which is why unlike Bangladesh Pakistan is developing it's unique identity separate from India. Only one of our provinces shares any cultural link with India, and that is Punjab, and that too only the smaller southern eastern portion.
Even here Pakistan has moved away from the Devanagari- Gurmukhi script in Punjabi and adopted the Shah-Mukhi ( Urdu) script.
Our national language Urdu, has evolved as a robust link and administration language. Our dress is now different since the lungi kurta was abandoned in favor of the salwar kameez which is universal. Our ladies no longer wear saris.

Our Saraiki, Sindhi Baluchi and Pashtun culture long subdued has revived.
Yes, we have a secular national anthem; our very own written by a post-1947 Pakistani , with only one Hindi grammar article "ka" in it. It is in Persianized Urdu which is understood not only across Pakistan but across Iran, Afghanistan and much of the Farsi speaking world. Our cultural evolution continues as we dump our last links with the India of today and look west and north to our natural links with Central and West Asia . Yes, our residual cultural links with Northern India yet remain so as of now I culturally identify closely with an Indian Hindu Punjabi from Haryana or Delhi, and also with an Indian Hindu Kayastha from Lucknow. These links will fade away in the next 30 years as India Sanskritizes its culture as we Persianize ours. However, we have nothing in common with Bangladesh. Even for me who learned a tiny bit of Hindu West Bengali culture from my social circle and learned to speak a tiny amount of Bengali it is extremely difficult for me to connect with someone from Bangladesh. I can connect far better with West Bengalis because like me they coexist in a multicultural multilingual environment so were interested in my culture as I was interested in theirs. With Bangladeshis it's a one way street.

To sum up: Pakistan before 1971 was unsustainable by geography, culture and population. Post 1971 and the establishment of Bangladesh has been the greatest development ever allowing my nation to become a geographical and cultural cohesive entity. Above all my country can no longer be held hostage by its mortal enemy due to an indefensible and logistically unsustainable territory.

Trolls make one line provocative posts insulting other posters. I try to understand and ask questions. If my historical knowledge is lacking then please correct me.,
@Cliftonite ; @masterchief_mirza
@xeuss ; @Bilal9
Excellent

@Cliftonite
View attachment 705881

View attachment 705882

---------

I don't know who you are, nor do I care, I'm only here for exchange of ideas.
But, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your statements, on some I may have alternate views, but most I agree with in totality. Well done on original thinking.
There won’t be a united Bengal
Sarwar Jahan Chowdhury
unnamed-1535629485661.jpg

Just friends Photo: BSS

The relationship between the two Bengals are complicated, to say the least

It’s not that the question of having a united Bengal has been raised too frequently in recent times, by any prominent figure in the East or the West, political or otherwise. Most of the time the matter is an elephant in the room when public figures, academics, or others from the two Bengals meet.

The unspoken agreement is that the 1947 Partition of Bengal is an unalterable reality and we have to live with it.

bengalmap.jpg

But there has been a slight shift in recent years. The change is about the mutual knowhow. Now Bengalis from either side of the Radcliffe line know a lot more about each other and that has generated further interest in each other.

Satellite television, the internet, social media, etc have revolutionized connectivity and a lot of people from both the Bengals are now a lot more connected with each other. Although these exchanges have not been particularly pleasant ones, sometimes this issue of the unification of Bengal based on linguistic nationalism and history was raised.

What followed were mostly vicious blame games and portrayals of victimhood. While there were some sane and amicable voices, they remained the minority.

There has been a substantial increase in the price of traveling from and to each Bengal. The cheap Kolkata markets are a priority shopping destination for the relatively solvent Bangladeshi upper middle class. Same is the situation when it comes to medical tourism. Many West Bengalis, although fewer in number, visit Bangladesh for professional reasons and for trade.

DMOd25hXkAAlYMV.jpg

Yet, the mood of mutual suspicion, mistrust, and lack of understanding remains among the people of both Bengals. There are two different narratives of pre- and post-Partition happenings in both the Bengals.

Average Bengali Muslims of past generations considered pre-Partition Bengal as a saga of deliberate Muslim suppression by the Anglo-Hindu alliance, and that the Partition and migration of Hindus have allowed the socio-economic flourishing of the Bengali Muslim middle class. This narrative still survives in Bangladesh, by and large.

On the other hand, the bigger segment of Bengali Hindus of West Bengal and other Bengali speaking areas of India consider the Partition of Bengal in 1947 as salvaging of a part of Bengali Hindudom from the hands of Bengali Muslim majority and their political dominance.

Huge waves of post Partition migration East Pakistan to West Bengal followed. About one-fifth of West Bengal’s population are migrants from the East or their descendants.

Bengali Hindus have become the majority in Tripura as a result. This has reinforced the psyche of the West Bengalis that came out of the Calcutta and Noakhali riots in 1946 that it’s difficult to live with the Muslims side by side.

On the other side of the fence, in post-Liberation Bangladesh, political Islam was on the rise under the auspices of the illegal usurpers of state power -- the military dictators who used Islam to legitimize their capture. Bengali Hindu migration, in a lesser degree, from Bangladesh to West Bengal, Tripura, and some parts of Assam continued in the majoritarian social environment that had been created in Bangladesh.

Meanwhile, baseless anti-India propaganda and fear-mongering became part and parcel of Islamist and centre right politics in Bangladesh. Indian hegemony and “Islam in danger” turned out to be their rhetoric.

Reasoning or substantiation has hardly been a component in Bangladeshi political culture. Moreover, religiosity and orthodoxy have apparently increased among Bengali Muslims -- both in Bangladesh and West Bengal. This is unhelpful for multi-community co-existence.

The Hindus of West Bengal and other Bengali areas of officially secular India like Tripura and Barak Valley observed this rise of political Islam in Bangladesh with repugnance and worry of further Hindu migration.

The matter was further complicated by the alleged presence of Bengali Muslim economic migrants to West Bengal and Assam. West Bengal and Tripura remained under secular rule at state level throughout India’s post-independence history until recently, when the BJP for the first time ascended to power in Tripura.

It is also probably on its way to becoming the second largest party in West Bengal, riding on the resentment of Bengali Hindus, pushing aside Congress and the left, coming only second to secular Trinamool Congress.

Right wing forces in West Bengal, Tripura, and Barak Valley have their brand of fear mongering, for example claiming that Bangladeshis are planning to create a “Greater Bangladesh” by annexing West Bengal, Tripura, and Assam through deliberate demographic changes.

Despite the bonhomie and visible exchange of pleasantries among sections of liberals from both the sides, the relations between Bangladesh and Bengali speaking areas of India are far too complicated to even seriously consider any other political arrangement.

The mental gaps among the two populations are simply unbridgeable at this point of time and even in the foreseeable future. Moreover, there is no visible incentive for the political elite in both the Bengals and other Bengali speaking areas to push for unification.

Hence, there is no real possibility of a united Bengal, nor is there any genuine need for it. The best that can be expected is a gradual increase of mutual tolerance, knowhow, connectivity, trade, and people to people contact.

That would, indeed, be good for all.

Sarwar Jahan Chowdhury is a regular opinion contributor.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/opinion/2018/08/30/there-won-t-be-a-united-bengal

Best idea for the region,
In-fact, all parties agreed to this in 1947, including Jinnah sahib and the Muslim league,
only the Congress party had opposed it,
No more Congress, so,
why not test the waters now.

T

Check:

Check:

Its Indian Army rally they belong to para SF
You don't even know Thier uniform

The third pic in your blog is of crpf in kashmir

You are quoting a Hindi blog I can't read

Nowhere in the blog is it written they are Bihari they are random pictures
While pasting at least research the IMG janab

They belong to para SF in a march in thiruvamathpuraram

Para SF wear lighter coats and red caps

It's known as the maroon beret.

Can you show me where

Where?

Last edited:
@Cliftonite
View attachment 705881

View attachment 705882

---------

Bihari is derogatory term? Ok nice rant bro 😂

Bihari is derogatory term? Ok nice rant bro 😂
The way you say it is derogatory.

And yo don't bother replying to me. I really don't have time for cray cray Joy Bangla nationalists like you

@Baibars_1260 I really respect you. Your posts are a gem to read.

I said that part as jest. Didn't mean to cause offence. Though you do get carried away sometimes. I understand though. My dad is also like that. Uber liberal but very militant against India and reminscent of the 1960s boomers who grew up during Ayub's time.

As for the Shantanu thing, the Parsi Doc has called me Shantanu too. Shantanu was this liberal militantly anti BJP poster here in the past who Doc hates. Doc is weird like that.

As for the Bong hilsa third rate Al Pacino and his likes calling you Bihari, ignore. He's a bigot and one of those crazy Bongabandhu Bong nationalists.

Last edited:
The way you say it is derogatory.

And yo don't bother replying to me. I really don't have time for cray cray Joy Bangla nationalists like you

@Baibars_1260 I really respect you. Your posts are a gem to read.

I said that part as jest. Didn't mean to cause offence. Though you do get carried away sometimes. I understand though. My dad is also like that. Uber liberal but very militant against India and reminscent of the 1960s boomers who grew up during Ayub's time.

As for the Shantanu thing, the Parsi Doc has called me Shantanu too. Shantanu was this liberal militantly anti BJP poster here in the past who Doc hates. Doc is weird like that.

As for the Bong hilsa third rate Al Pacino and his likes calling you Bihari, ignore. He's a bigot and one of those crazy Bongabandhu Bong nationalists.
You can hear me from the internet?
Schizophrenia much? 😂😂😂😂
begging bowl hypocrisy in last para 😂😂😂

And @Baibars_1260 I will still disagree with you.

We would have been the 3rd largest country in the WORLD. The LARGEST Muslim country. Indonesia with 280 million would be a joke in front of us. Do you know how much international clout that brings?

Plus unified Pakistan could have navies on both sides. And relations with South East Asia.

I'm sorry you're blinded with your Boomer or Gen X view. I can relate because my dad has the same views and I have frequent arguments with him telling him to get out of his Cold War worldview.

The world is different now. Just to give you an example- baby boomer Gamal Abdel Nasser got rid of Sudan in 1952 or 1954 I guess, in a much welcomed decision by the Egyptians, because poorer Sudan was seen to be a burden. But in the world of 2020, keeping Sudan seems like a much better idea for Egypt, to secure its Nile basin, now that it's having water rifts with Ethiopia.

My dad, like the rest of his service mates and bridge friends, also feels East Pakistan was indefensible and a burden and all that. But I believe we could have worked as a confederation and emerged as a much stronger country today.

T

Can you show me where
This was the exact statement:
It is reported that the President of Israel, Ezer Weizman, who was also the Commander of the Israeli Air Force and the Minister of Defense of Israel, wrote in his autobiography that: “He was a formidable fellow and I was glad that he was Pakistani and not Egyptian”.

Where?
[/QUOTE]
Check:

Check:

This was the exact statement:
It is reported that the President of Israel, Ezer Weizman, who was also the Commander of the Israeli Air Force and the Minister of Defense of Israel, wrote in his autobiography that: “He was a formidable fellow and I was glad that he was Pakistani and not Egyptian”.

Where?

Ok so no 1 your statement was wrong and false

The uniform is of para SF don't post random pics

They belong to para SF in a march in thiruvamathpuraram

Para SF wear lighter coats and red caps

It's known as the maroon beret.

Not of Bihar regiment

The Bengal one is correct

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom