What's new

Uniforms for Frontier Corps

If a Military gear/suit can be designed that can save , solider's legs and vital organs , that can be used, over shalwar qamis ...

But our present technology only allows us to wear bullet proof vests and helmets

I do support that the military soliders have night vision googles, and superior communication tools -

The present uniform of Frontier Corps does not suit the force at all. The last Grey Qamees Shalvar was the best uniform. Moreover, such shoes have been provided to the soldier that contains cloth stitched as a part of it. The soul of the shoe is also composed of some weaker material. Both upper and soul of the shoes get burst open in the matter of days in operation areas. This uniform never suits to the Pathan nature of the force.

sadly the indians forget their true culture and histroy when traditionally the british royal guards still wear their ceremonial dress from centuries ago so does the swiss guards

Queen's Guard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Swiss Guard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wearing shalwar kameez by no means decides the outcome of the battle!

if this was the case the arabs of arabia could have never defeated the persians wearing barely anything! or the byzentanians wouldn't have lost to the janisaries of the ottoman empire!

the samuris were better dressed but still lost when facing a musket!

hence indians should chill and not worry about the FC dress!

sadly the indians forget their true culture and histroy when traditionally the british royal guards still wear their ceremonial dress from centuries ago so does the swiss guards

Queen's Guard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Swiss Guard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wearing shalwar kameez by no means decides the outcome of the battle!

if this was the case the arabs of arabia could have never defeated the persians wearing barely anything! or the byzentanians wouldn't have lost to the janisaries of the ottoman empire!

the samuris were better dressed but still lost when facing a musket!

hence indians should chill and not worry about the FC dress!

That choridar pajama is what girls wear in Pakistan...Shalwar kameez is what men wear.....and dhoti is what janglis or uncivilised people in Pakistan wear.

Shalwar kameez is more comfortable(unlike what indian men are used to) its doesnt make any hinderance like tight pants etc.

Qasmeee tujhee itnii phantiii charaniii ko dil cha rahaa hai na ! Thats a traditional Punjabi dress from the village which is even worn today and is respected as such...its not what uncivilized or janglis wear ! :angry:

well if that is the case regiments hailing from my area should be made to wear dhoti/langot/payjama and a kurta
what i mean is in combat condition this can prove to be a hindrance in swift and speedy movements and more over can not act as an equipment to make your self even partially invisible from enemy sight.
that is very impracticable

shalwar Kamiz on the other hand is very comfortable, flexible and doest come in the way of any maneuvers a soldier might have to take during fighting. its been proven to be the case so far for decades as a uniform of the frontier force and the cops.

movement and jumping in a pyjama or dhoti might result in ripping off at the seams or opening up and getting stuck into things at the wrong time and at the expense of restriction in movement of lower body. Shalwar Kamiz are designed in a way to accommodate any sudden and extreme stretching and body movements.

I speak from experience so I wont waste anyone time in convincing you

thanks

shalwar Kamiz on the other hand is very comfortable, flexible and doest come in the way of any maneuvers a soldier might have to take during fighting. its been proven to be the case so far for decades as a uniform of the frontier force and the cops.

movement and jumping in a pyjama or dhoti might result in ripping off at the seams or opening up and getting stuck into things at the wrong time and at the expense of restriction in movement of lower body. Shalwar Kamiz are designed in a way to accommodate any sudden and extreme stretching and body movements.

thanks

Well said. Dhoti or pajama was just a bad attempt at humor.

However I do not see Shalwar Kameez any better than pant shirt. Why?

Shalwar Kameez is just a lose version of pant shirt. Kameez is a longer shirt, and shalwar is a baggier pant.

Longer hanging and loser garments are not advisable around modern machinery.

And thus wearing a trimmed kameez aka shirt, or trimmed shalwar aka pant is better in my humble opinion.

In Pakistan we are using shalwar kameez for "lesser" soldiers aka paramilitary. This I feel is discriminatory.

They should all wear pant shirt regardless if they are part of regular army or paramilitary or Levies or Khasadars. All should be treated equally.

peace

thanks

Irfan Bhai, running for your life after you've criticized Bhabi's cooking doesn't count ! :D

P.S I've known people who've played football in shalwar kameez and we all know how many people traverse back and forth between Afghanistan and Pakistan (sometimes even smugglers) through the ravines and gullies which aren't a walk in the park by any stretch of the imagination.

I wonder if the regular army could operate just as well wearing these ? And if so would a proposition for making their uniform as shalwar kameez too ever be entertained ?

Irfan Bhai, running for your life after you've criticized Bhabi's cooking doesn't count ! :D

P.S I've known people who've played football in shalwar kameez and we all know how many people traverse back and forth between Afghanistan and Pakistan (sometimes even smugglers) through the ravines and gullies which aren't a walk in the park by any stretch of the imagination.

I wonder if the regular army could operate just as well wearing these ? And if so would a proposition for making their uniform as shalwar kameez too ever be entertained ?

Yeah. We should explore the option for outfitting our regular troops in Shalwar Kameez.

Heck our F-16 pilots should be asked to wear shalwar kameez and so should out navy divers.

peace

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom