What's new

Uniforms for Frontier Corps

pakisatni brother
that is not pajama that is pyjami and girl's here wear it

pardon my ignorance naushad veer ji
but still i feel the same the representability issue is still there.
i can well imagine you wearing that dress when i first saw the pak rangers wearing those black dresses and patrolling i literally started laughing.

The Shalwar kamiz is worn as formal dress in Pakistan (with waistcoat, sherwani etc.), as are trousers, dress shirts, suits etc.

From a military standpoint, the Shalwar kamiz is essentially baggy pants and a loose shirt, both of which would make movement extremely comfortable. If you look at the newer Western style camo (trousers and shirts) those pants are baggy/loose as well. So there really is not issue in terms of the Shalwar Kamiz hindering movement in the battle field - movement should be pretty easy given the clothing is loose fitting.

Secondly, since it is culturally acceptable to wear the Shalwar Kamiz as both formal and informal dress, there is no issue with 'presentability' either.

^^^ As a Pakistani, I actually think that the Black Shalwar kamiz outfit used at Wagah looks awesome!

Very regal and very reflective of our culture. i would be disappointed if they shifted to a Western style uniform.

d3a85f964b45faf41f2ed7a5e869cadf.jpg

Very regal and very reflective of our culture. i would be disappointed if they shifted to a Western style uniform.

how does a military uniform represent your culture? and what about the assault rifles you want them to be changed with swords to look more culture friendly?:undecided:

^^^ As a Pakistani, I actually think that the Black Shalwar kamiz outfit used at Wagah looks awesome!

d3a85f964b45faf41f2ed7a5e869cadf.jpg
The Punjab ranger and FC will remain like that or atleast i wish they keep them like that (atleast for cermonies).
how does a military uniform represent your culture? and what about the assault rifles you want them to be changed with swords to look more culture friendly?

US Marine using old M1 Grand for silent drill....why ???? Tradition. They could have changed it to M4A1 if they wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Father is currently serving with FC NWFP in Bajaur, the field dress is the Khaki shalwar kameez whereas the black shalwar kameez is worn in office or on ceremonies..............It is indeed true that the uniform is to be changed, infact the order had been issued about two years ago, however the situation in FATA has severely delayed the process.
The field dress will be a Sindh Rangers type Camo trousers+T shirts and Jacket, however, the ceremonial dress will remain Black Shalwar Kameez.

Good point brother but it is not about the soldiers complaining the soldiers never complain it is the authorities who are responsible soldiers should be representable to some extent this is like a night suit no offence i think i should stop before i wage a flame war.

They wear what they prefer. Its not a problem for the interior ministry to change their uniforms into trousers etc. There are cultural sensitivities in the area and secondly, the people who are recruited into the FC are all locals who have never worn another type of dress.

Its a non-issue. The same Shalwar Qameez wearing Afghans fought the great Soviet Army.

If its changed down the road, so be it, however the background is as above.

how does a military uniform represent your culture? and what about the assault rifles you want them to be changed with swords to look more culture friendly?:undecided:

The Shalwar kamiz, turban etc. reflect our culture .. we are speaking about the clothing are we not?

naushad veer ji
evolution is some thing and those who do not evolve have to bear the wrath of time.

one thing is for sure most of the pakistani people are either very conservative(specially pathan) or very liberal there are no pakistani's with just the right proportion of the two.

Jai Hind take care

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom