What's new

UNHRC resolution on Sri Lanka adopted

seems that China is working to expand its influence to Bdesh and Burma -- having already secured deals with the SL government; much to the chagrine of the piggy-backing indians. The Chinese must be thanking both india and the U.S. at present

by the way, when Sri Lanka asked for our support - we sure as hell weren't "cheerleading on the sidelines"

As long as LTTE was there Pakistan had the relevence - Not anymore unless SL wants to go for war with someone else and want some weapons but who can SL go to war with now?? . Beyond that what influence can Pakistan exert in the Indian Ocean? China is building her blue water navy, India has powerful navy in the Indian Ocean and is quickly ramping up the blue water capabilities and US is there sitting in Diego Garcia. And you have done your part already in giving away Gwadar - besides that what can Pakistan do in this game of heavy weights? So standby and just watch the game unfold and 'cheerlead from sidelines".

kya logic!!!! :laugh:
you don't see the logic. Until recent event Tamils in INDIA thought they were equal and the GOI will hear them. But recent event in India's stand on UNHRC and actions at center have induced an U Turn in the Tamils way of thinking that the rest of INDIA will save their brothers and sisters in SL.
If INDIA as a nation is not ready to hear the Tamils and consider them as equal, it will induce more Tamil nationalism which is bad of INDIA and will be used by CHINA as an advantage to divide INDIA from south

As long as LTTE was there Pakistan had the relevence - Not anymore unless SL wants to go for war with someone else and want some weapons but who can SL go to war now?? . Beyond that what influence can Pakistan exert in the Indian Ocean?

Pakistan isn't trying to project any power beyond the sub-continental region as we have no hegemonic ambitions. Though from a military perspective, it would be favorable to see a policy of encirclement against india. It fits well with our goals.

On Sri Lanka - we have a strategic defence pact signed with them. If all goes as planned, they've been offered JF-17 Thunders as their air force is in need of updating and hopefully they would take us up on that offer.

if our interests align with Sri Lanka and China's then there's no reason why Pakistan single-handedly would need to exert influence on its own; havent you ever heard of the term "bloc" ??

Jaffna, Hambantota and even Coco Islands off the coast of Borma will hopefully provide us with a good 'vantage' point in the future

China is building her blue water navy, India has powerful navy in the Indian Ocean and is quickly ramping up the blue water capabilities and US is there sitting in Diego Garcia. And you have done your part already in giving away Gwadar - besides that what can Pakistan do in this game of heavy weights? So standby and just watch the game unfold and 'cheerlead from sidelines".

correct on all accounts except Pakistan isn't "giving" away Gwadar. Port operations have been handed over to China since China is investing in the infrastructure projects and we are working to make Gwadar a fully operational deep sea port (which will be unrivaled). When countries invest in projects, they are provided with returns.

I dont know -- Maybe in your indian schools they dont teach you what an "investment" is but initial outlays are made, once operations are in full swing the money's owed or any other interest or dividends are repaid (Chinese often use soft credit, and this suits us given the current fiscal situation).

as for sidelines --- i'm glad india sat on the sidelines while Sri Lankan Air Force and their counterpart Pakistani volunteer pilots were collectively bombing your terrorist tamilian LTTE allies to smithereens and uprooting their dirt shack hideouts. We moved closer to Sri Lanka and made hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue on the side. If that's not winning, then i dont know what is.

you don't see the logic. Until recent event Tamils in INDIA thought they were equal and the GOI will hear them. But recent event in India's stand on UNHRC and actions at center have induced an U Turn in the Tamils way of thinking that the rest of INDIA will save their brothers and sisters in SL

well if the LTTE were their brothers and sisters, i'd say india failed to save the brothers and sisters quite miserably....the head of the organization was the last one to go -- and with him went a terrorist organization that terrorized the island nation for almost a half century

If INDIA as a nation is not ready to hear the Tamils and consider them as equal, it will induce more Tamil nationalism which is bad of INDIA and will be used by CHINA as an advantage to divide INDIA from south

dont worry....we've been in that situation as well

the only difference here is that its moot point w.r.t. Sri Lanka. LTTE is dead and the only place where that degenerate "eelam" or "eezham" or whatever-the-heck-you-call-it ideology exists -- is in the republic of tamil nadu

india should simply cede that territory if they cant do anything to curb tamil nationalism.....what's so special in that state anyways, isnt it dirt poor?

Who voted for, against and abstained?
Following nations voted against it.
71918_10200846035657385_691544749_n.jpg

well if the LTTE were their brothers and sisters, i'd say india failed to save the brothers and sisters quite miserably....the head of the organization was the last one to go -- and with him went a terrorist organization that terrorized the island nation for almost a half century
So all tamils in SL were LTTE. In your views it was not a genocide of 1.09 lack people.
Good, posting and increasing the post count has given you titles it seems, not the content in your post
dont worry....we've been in that situation as well

the only difference here is that its moot point w.r.t. Sri Lanka. LTTE is dead and the only place where that degenerate "eelam" or "eezham" or whatever-the-heck-you-call-it ideology exists -- is in the republic of tamil nadu

india should simply cede that territory if they cant do anything to curb tamil nationalism.....what's so special in that state anyways, isnt it dirt poor?
dirt poor, now you prove that you are a dumb person to not even check the google before you post.
TN is the second most progressive state next only to Gujarat. we have one of biggest pool of Engineers and Doctors.
Think again when you post some thing, remember to google if you do not know about it

Pakistan isn't trying to project any power beyond the sub-continental region as we have no hegemonic ambitions. Though from a military perspective, it would be favorable to see a policy of encirclement against india. It fits well with our goals.

On Sri Lanka - we have a strategic defence pact signed with them. If all goes as planned, they've been offered JF-17 Thunders as their air force is in need of updating and hopefully they would take us up on that offer.

if our interests align with Sri Lanka and China's then there's no reason why Pakistan single-handedly would need to exert influence on its own; havent you ever heard of the term "bloc" ??

Jaffna, Hambantota and even Coco Islands off the coast of Borma will hopefully provide us with a good 'vantage' point in the future

correct on all accounts except Pakistan isn't "giving" away Gwadar. Port operations have been handed over to China since China is investing in the infrastructure projects and we are working to make Gwadar a fully operational deep sea port (which will be unrivaled). When countries invest in projects, they are provided with returns.

I dont know -- Maybe in your indian schools they dont teach you what an "investment" is but initial outlays are made, once operations are in full swing the money's owed or any other interest or dividends are repaid (Chinese often use soft credit, and this suits us given the current fiscal situation).

as for sidelines --- i'm glad india sat on the sidelines while Sri Lankan Air Force and their counterpart Pakistani volunteer pilots were collectively bombing your terrorist tamilian LTTE allies to smithereens and uprooting their dirt shack hideouts. We moved closer to Sri Lanka and made hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue on the side. If that's not winning, then i dont know what is.

I am ignoring all your rants as I do not feel it fit to waste my time responding - But one question stays - why do you make the assumption that LTTE was my ally? Just because I am a tamilian? - my dear expert on TN affairs - know what position I have taken here wrt LTTE before spitting out nonsense. And policy of encirclement would need someone powerful on your side in the Indian Ocean. China will take atleast couple of decades to project power in Indian Ocean i.e after building PLAN as a true blue water navy - and that will be after it breaks off its own encirclement by US navt and its allies in the SCS. And guess what, even India is not going to have a powerful leader in the near future who has the political will to make the decisions which will have the small nations wary of India, grand dad US is still there in Indian Ocean playing the strategic games (and being an Indian American I am equally happy as well) - so it is not easy going for any of these small nations and China as well in Indian Ocean.

P.S: When you talk about Pakistan,vantage point, coco islands, Hambantotta in the same line, I feel like talking to some child and not a veteran with more than 10,000 posts. I am going to stop responding to you as I am not going to waste my time responding to rants.

Voted For the Resolution (against SL favour): Argentina, Austria, Benin, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Côte d'Ivoire, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Guatemala, India, Ireland, Italy, Libya, Montenegro, Peru, Poland, Republic of Korea, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Sierra Leone, Spain, Switzerland and United States.

Voted Against Resolution (in favour of SL): Congo, Ecuador, Indonesia, Kuwait, Maldives, Mauritania, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Thailand, Uganda, United Arab Emirates and Venezuela.

Abstentions: Angola, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kenya and Malaysia.

by the way, the americans and the indians piggy-backing on them should be a bit more thorough rather than bully developing countries that take decisions and steps based on national security and national interest.

the UN is silent when most convenient:

http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...38_1_d-m-jayaratne-ltte-international-network

http://www.hindu.com/2011/03/10/stories/2011031065271600.htm

http://www.ptinews.com/news/3476301_One-more-Lankan-priest-assaulted

actually that rodent was your countrymen..I think most of times you guys failed to remember that Tamil population that supported LTTE is also your countrymen.I'm not supporting or bashing anyone,but those who see that LTTE means India failed to see that we lost one of our PM because of Indian intervention in Sri Lanka's Civil war..we lost thousands of our soldiers and wasted millions of dollars just because we wanted that Civilian Tamil population survive..remember siege of Jafna??SL government always preferred "Iron Fist" when case could have been solved by diplomacy.Tamils didn't liked LTTE either,but what SL did would be remembered by Tamil populations for generations,and I fear,there lies the seed of another civil war..

My countrymen includes our SL Tamil brethren.. Millions of them who lived peacefully among the rest of us and still do or are you implying otherwise? We Lankans don't need to give two hoots about aspirations and wet dreams of some separatist elements in South India?? It's for you'll to solve.. We we're trying to solve ours after eliminating the main obstacle in 2009.. It will take time, and govts will come and go.. But Rome wasn't build in one day

@Gibbs That's what Indians don't understand. Diplomacy and dialogues is always the better way.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gibbs That's what Indians don't understand. Diplomacy and dialogues is always the better way.

To be fair this Rajapaksa regime has failed miserably in both fronts.. Some Lankans may chest beat out of ignorance and false found nationalism but the loss of India in our favour is a huge setback two years in a row.. She was instrumental in swaying the vote.. And that's the reality.. India does have it's domestic political compulsions but if govt of SL played it's cards correctly it could have saved face for GOI.. Unfortunately this regime is more interested in it's family running down the country to the ground with nepotism, corruption and total breakdown of law and order

@Gibbs Indian and Sri Lankan govt.s has to learn one thing, there is no benefit in being aggressive or hostile against each other. We should learn from EU.

Unfortunately, both has to keep other's interest into account. People are way too emotional.

@Gibbs Indian and Sri Lankan govt.s has to learn one thing, there is no benefit in being aggressive or hostile against each other. We should learn from EU.

Unfortunately, both has to keep other's interest into account. People are way too emotional.

To be fair mate. .I don't think either side is?? I think under the whole hoopla Indo/Lanka relations are quite strong.. There is a lot loose on both sides if not a lot has changed since the early 80's.. India is just hostage to it's coalition politics and contrary to popular belief even a BJP govt will be plagued by it .. but the core values of India's foreign policy will not change and it was amply exemplified when there was unanimous agreement to oppose a anti Lanka bill in parliament presented by the DMK and AIADMK.. With BJP taking a strong stance against it..

Lanka is just loosing it's game on diplomacy and propaganda.. Because of this corrupt regime is filling the foreign service with it's family and henchmen and removing career diplomats that has been core success's in the past against the separatist lobby.. It's such a sad state of affairs

@Gibbs Well Sri Lanka is against the Master of Propaganda, US. No one comes closer to Propaganda power of US.

@Gibbs Well Sri Lanka is against the Master of Propaganda, US. No one comes closer to Propaganda power of US.

It's not the US per se.. It's more to the LTTE lobbyists in the west.. Remember they still have vast amounts of money floating around, Money that would have been used to buy arms are now diverted to buy opinions , Fund lobbyists, INGO's( Amnesty Int was given tens and thousands of quite openly by the Canadian Tamil Congress a LTTE front, It's on record),Making movies, Propaganda, Most of those same people funding a terrorist war have suddenly become champions of human rights..

The US policy has nothing to do with the civil conflict or reconciliation etc.. It's just vying it's influence on the region because of China's increasing influence.. Hillary Clinton's state department made a huge blunder through Robert Blake to pander to some of the pro separatist lobbyists because of their funding for her presidential campaign.. But it's nothing more, nothing less.. Just a few words to keep the funders a bit happy.. Those are not concrete policies.. Plus lets make some things clear the pressure tactics are for the ruling regime in SL.. Not against the countries sovereignty.. No global state is in favour to dismember territorial integrity of SL.. Least of all India.. That's the truth how unpalatable it may be for those in TN and a separatists elsewhere

DIASPORA LTTE ACTIVISTS POSING AS*HUMAN RIGHTS CHAMPIONS | DBS Jeyaraj Column

Terrorist fronts in Canada traps Amnesty International | HC

Back
Top Bottom