What's new

Unfulfilled wish of Dr ManMohan Singh

jaiind

Reaction score
Country
India
INS Vikramaditya awaits induction
Country's biggest warship, INS Vikramaditya, is still awaiting its formal induction into the Indian Navy after five months of its arrival into Indian waters.

According to top government officials, impressed with its maritime capabilities, the outgoing prime minister, Manmohan Singh, had expressed his desire to spend a day on board the 44,500-tonne aircraft carrier procured from Russia. Sing along with the defence minister AK Antony was scheduled to dedicate the warship to the nation in the last week of March in a mega ceremony. But, the declaration of general elections and subsequent implementation of model code of conduct had put brakes on the scheduled programme of the UPA-II government. The defence ministry led by AK Antony first wanted to take clearance from the Election Commission to organise the event. But later on decided to leave it to the next government.

10169454_10152220654658071_2443869959888950854_n.jpg

INS Vikramaditya awaits induction
Country's biggest warship, INS Vikramaditya, is still awaiting its formal induction into the Indian Navy after five months of its arrival into Indian waters.

According to top government officials, impressed with its maritime capabilities, the outgoing prime minister, Manmohan Singh, had expressed his desire to spend a day on board the 44,500-tonne aircraft carrier procured from Russia. Sing along with the defence minister AK Antony was scheduled to dedicate the warship to the nation in the last week of March in a mega ceremony. But, the declaration of general elections and subsequent implementation of model code of conduct had put brakes on the scheduled programme of the UPA-II government. The defence ministry led by AK Antony first wanted to take clearance from the Election Commission to organise the event. But later on decided to leave it to the next government.

10169454_10152220654658071_2443869959888950854_n.jpg

I Think he should be allowed. After all it's his last wish as a PM of India. :)

Every thing is favoring for NAMO... Soon this Vikki will get inducted by Namo :enjoy::tup:

He is just a Robo,and he didn't got authentication from his supreme :pissed:

Im feeling good for India... The most silent PM for India, i ever seen.:lol:

Ignoring his excellent work that he did as a finance minister or even as the PM in UPA 1, which brought India progress, development and lifted the country into the important once even on global level!
His own party played a poor game with him, but since still too many people in India believe it's about persons in elections, rather than party policies, people get blinded too easily and forget to fast.
It's BJP that might have won the election and that will take decisions in the coming years, not Modi. Just like it's the democrats that decides in the US, not Obama. And being silent is not bad at all, Obama is called the most powerful man in the world, Angela Merkel the most powerful woman and both tend to be silent and use their words wisely! Merkel is even known for avoid saying really meaningful things, to keep her options to all sides open. So yelling around is definitely not a sign of power or good leadership, it's smartness and the way how you use the power. MMS had the smartness, which is widely acknowledged but wasn't able to use the power in UPA 2 anymore and that indeed was sad of and for him, but doesn't reduce his total work for India!

I think a deployment of the vessel only for his wish would be a waste of money, but I don't see why he couldn't be invited to sail on it during the next trial / test run, or an exercise.

Back
Top Bottom