What's new

“Unexpectedly” strong stand taken by Prime Minister Singh on Syria : Putin

India is a rising power and will not give in and become part of the US-Al qeada alliance in Syria.
Well done to India for standing up and not being intimidated by Obomber.

Ha ha ha! You write this with such conviction, only a deluded fantasist would believe this garbage! The same MadMohan Singh has been intimidated and buckled under US pressure numerous times to not attack a certain country after terrorist attacks on India. Not agreeing to action against another country is useless when Sonia's puppet is easily intimidated and buckles under US pressure when his own country's security is at stake.

Please provide evidence that US govt is not lying.

Heres a piece of news that appeared in Times of India

US Senate panel releases 13 videos of Syria chemical attack

WASHINGTON: A US Senate intelligence panel has released 13 videos showing images of the chemical attack in Syria allegedly carried out by President Bashar al-Assad's regime, as the White House pressed its case for military action in the strife-torn country.

Some of the graphic images of the chemical attack have been shown in the videos, which come days ahead of the debate and vote in the Senate on the resolution to authorize US President Barack Obama to launch "limited" military strikes against the Assad regime.

The videos, first played to the members of the Senate intelligence committee on Thursday were first leaked to CNN, which many media outlets said is part of an effort to build public opinion on the Syria attack.

The Obama administration has accused President Assad's forces of killing 1,429 people in a poison-gas attack in the suburbs of Damascus on August 21, a charge denied by the Syrian government.

Some of the latest opinion polls have showed that the appetite for another war in the US is very low.

The Senate intelligence committee, in a statement, said that the 13 videos were compiled by the US Open Source Center from footage taken in the Damascus suburbs on August 21, the day of the alleged attack.

"All of the videos were posted on YouTube by pro-Syrian opposition users," the committee said.

"With one exception, all 13 videos were posted by a pro-opposition internet news channel that consistently posts user-created videos concerning the Syrian conflict. The news channel does not primarily generate content, but instead re-posts content originally posted by others," it said.

The Senate intelligence committee chairwoman Dianne Feinstein said early this week that she asked for the DVD to provide "specific instances of evidence, largely victims, and what we see means, what pinpointed eyes mean, what the convulsions mean, a number of aspects."

"They took 170 videos and siphoned them down to 13, which have very probative points in them, and dispositive, with respect to the use of chemical weapons," she said.

Meanwhile, the Obama Administration continued to garner support both inside the Congress and at the international level for their plans of an attack on the Syrian regime.

The US Senate is expected to vote on it early this week, even as secretary of state John Kerry is travelling in Europe garnering international support.

Obama himself was on phone most of yesterday calling members of the Congress stressing the need of holding the Assad regime accountable for using chemical weapons against its own people in violation of international norms.

Obama received an update from his chief of Staff Denis McDonough yesterday on the administration's latest consultations with members of Congress.

Obama, also received support from his former top general and CIA director general (rtd) David Petraeus, who urged the Congress to vote in favor of the Syria attack authorization resolution, arguing that not doing so at this point of time to encourage countries like North Korea and Iran to take similar measures to kill their own people.

"Failure of Congress to approve the president's request would have serious ramifications not just in the Middle East but around the world," Petraeus told POLITICO.

Former secretary of state Hillary Clinton, and former defence secretary Robert M Gates have also endorsed Obama's plan on Syria.

US Senate panel releases 13 videos of Syria chemical attack - The Times of India

Whatever news we are getting in India points to US preparing for attack and all this seems to groundwork in justification for the same.
I'm not sure if there are fool-proof evidence in establishing a case of Assad using Chemical weapons (president Putin has already remarke this being nothing more than a propoganda campaign by rebels), but if there is even an iota of truth, the person who authorized the use needs to be punished.
Onus now lies on Assad to either prove the allegations false and at the same time with US to prove them correct beyond doubt.

Onus now lies on Assad to either prove the allegations false and at the same time with US to prove them correct beyond doubt.

Times of india is regurgiating Reuters ,US govt and the activist al qaeda propaganda.I have syrian friends in Damascus and they have telling me that this was a false flag by al qaeda. Why would syrian army attack zones under its control.Google qatar chemical weapons and britam defense. If you want I will send their names via pm as naming them on public forum is dangerous ,considering this place is run by wahabbis

Us govt has laws like NDAA to torture,detain and murder citizens without warrant.Am I supposed to trust a nation with laws like Nazi Germany now?

Whatever news we are getting in India points to US preparing for attack and all this seems to groundwork in justification for the same.
I'm not sure if there are fool-proof evidence in establishing a case of Assad using Chemical weapons (president Putin has already remarke this being nothing more than a propoganda campaign by rebels), but if there is even an iota of truth, the person who authorized the use needs to be punished.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/high-l...ernment-didnt-launch-chemical-weapons/5348643

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/WO...le-chemical-weapons-in-syria-4360059-NOR.html

US govt has laws like NDAA to torture,detain and murder citizens without warrant.Am I supposed to trust a nation with laws like Nazi Germany now?

The most worrying point here (irrespective of if one supports US stance or not) is the sense of deja vu of Iraq happening all over again. US went hunting for Saddam in the name of Chem/biological weapons, found none and then destroyed Iraq as a country which only God alone knows how much will it take to recover.

I'm still to understand the deeper agenda Obama has over Syria but with almost very little support for strikes in UN and other forums, world economy in Doldrums, my view is some Sanctions with UN consensus would've served the situation better even if US Congress is convinced about Assad crossing the red line.
Any military action as of now will come at a cost of human life of innocent civilians which is completely unacceptable.

The most worrying point here (irrespective of if one supports US stance or not) is the sense of deja vu of Iraq happening all over again. US went hunting for Saddam in the name of Chem/biological weapons, found none and then destroyed Iraq as a country which only God alone knows how much will it take to recover.

I'm still to understand the deeper agenda Obama has over Syria but with almost very little support for strikes in UN and other forums, world economy in Doldrums, my view is some Sanctions with UN consensus would've served the situation better even if US Congress is convinced about Assad crossing the red line.
Any military action as of now will come at a cost of human life of innocent civilians which is completely unacceptable.

Agenda is simple.World War. Thats why EMERCOM in Russia is building tens of thousands of underground shelters against nuclear attack since the past five years.

BTW what is Pakistani Position on Syrian War. with whom they are standing on this

Even Putin is shocked that Munni actually spoke! :rofl:

BTW what is Pakistani Position on Syrian War. with whom they are standing on this

They have to support their spiritual leaders aka Saudi Arabia who support USA against Syria. If they don't, all their assistance programs will be halted and moreover the local conservative sunnis and salafis will unleash their fury on the streets of Karachi to demand support for Saudi Arabia.

i very much like mr.singh , keep up the good work!!
stand by freedom and freewill , condemn terrorism

He was pressured by the Indian opposition.

Earlier this month, his party had issued statement that the government will support US attack.

It was the opposition that forced his party to change their stupid stand. Don't take this man seriously. He has ruined the economy of his homeland and only outrage from people has forced him to say this.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom