What's new

Unemployement in pakistan - 2 million + apply on 1100 vacancies in FIA

I often wondered this, why cant people do blue collar skilled jobs?

In the west, no job is menial, as long as a person makes an honest living, that is all that should matter.
It has to do with dignity of labor. Pakistanis are a highly class defined people nearly reflecting the same brahmin to shudra tiers of their cultural heritage.

Flipping burgers or plumbing in America still gets you dignity of labor and respect as Blue collar workers - in Pakistan a plumber cannot expect to go beyond being considered low middle class
What about construction type jobs? Don’t they pay a lot?

I ask this as an outsider
Terrible conditions and no safety - essentially limited to poverty stricken folks coming in from rural or slum areas.

What about construction type jobs? Don’t they pay a lot?

I ask this as an outsider
Pakistan is a free country in these matters. No one cares to follow law. You can do whatever you want with your employees

It is very unfortunate that people of the subcontinent focuses too much on job, rather than self employment. Government should launch a massive scheme to help the entrepreneurs to build their own businesses.

the irony of british education which is carrying to this day

----------------

Un-employment millions of foreigners applied for software engineering post

Majority of Jobs need to emerge from

a) House Painting Jobs
b) Construction of Houses
c) Repair of Houses
d) lawn and Garden care
e) Paving street In front of a client home
f) Park Maintenance
g) Garbage collection and recycling
h) Electrical Wiring Electrician
i) Plumber

In developed world these are called "Hands on Labor Jobs"

Last edited:
need to reduce nonproductive government spending and burden on the people

Pakistan need the Private Sector to emerge , creating "Contractor" job or Handy Person
This will only happen when City , asks the home owners to repair the homes and apartment buildings

• Home Owners must paint their home every 2 years
  • Home Owners should be allowed to pave 10-15 meter road in front of their home
  • Apartment Buildings must have a Professional Company Maintain it's affairs (Clean up , Painting , Garbage , Lift, arrange for security guard )
  • Building which does not clears safety regulation should be closed and residents evicted and building should be demolished if it is not safe for living
  • The "cages" around Apartment windows must be taken down and Security Guard must be mandated creating jobs
  • Setup Night time Security Patrol (Private)

These laws will ensure , 1-5 Million Small Jobs will be created in Private Contracting Sector
  • Jobs for Students
  • Un Experienced people
  • People looking for Side Gig

People can control certain aspect of their own Neighborhood

Last edited:
only because its FIA, Pakistanis love takkey wali job + uper ki amdan.

Deegriyan kumao Pakistanio.

Run after degrees knowing full well there is no job at end. Just to get rishta. Fcking stupid.

View attachment 751361

source - express 7 june 2021

-----------

to be fair, this is also part fault of our youth , one can easily learn a skill ( ac technician, electrician , plumber) and make 4-5k / day easily vs doing jobs)

my ac technician ( small shop in nishat ) is making 1.5 lac plus a month
In my neighbour, I have offered young guys to do course on AC repairing, plumbing etc for free as I have contact in 1 NGO institute they were providing such courses and workshop hand on experience for almost free. I even talk to their fathers and guess what non have joined and sitting in street corner and riding bike all they do.

So neither parents nor these youngster care.

In my neighbour, I have offered young guys to do course on AC repairing, plumbing etc for free as I have contact in 1 NGO institute they were providing such courses and workshop hand on experience for almost free. I even talk to their fathers and guess what non have joined and sitting in street corner and riding bike all they do.

So neither parents nor these youngster care.

ppl find it conveniant to blame imran khan and inflation, yet if one works hard , its not impossible to escape the cycle of poverty

In this part of the world a good blue colar job pays very well.

Bricklayers, plumbers and electricians can clear £1,000 a week easily. While I see all nationalities on a building site, I hardly ever see a Pakistani.

View attachment 751361

source - express 7 june 2021

-----------

to be fair, this is also part fault of our youth , one can easily learn a skill ( ac technician, electrician , plumber) and make 4-5k / day easily vs doing jobs)

my ac technician ( small shop in nishat ) is making 1.5 lac plus a month
We still have the germs, that govt job is best..even they pay a penny...otherwise, we have a massive shortage of electricians, plumbing, refrigeration jobs in the country... but everyone wants a BIG jump

Deegriyan kumao Pakistanio.

Run after degrees knowing full well there is no job at end. Just to get rishta. Fcking stupid.

We all know that an unemployable graduate is worth more than a good mechanic! :sarcastic:

Back
Top Bottom