What's new

Under pressure but not down , PM Nawaz Sharif rightly asks USA stand with Pakistan against India !

There is a paradigm shift in US policy. As the sun sets over Pax Americana it is seeking alies against the rise of the Chinese ... Thus the pivot towards India ......

It will only delay the inevitable .... Pakistan is well set in its strategic calibration vis-a-via China ..... As time passes US will become irrelevant in Asia .

These are just posturing for show....
The decline is probably going to take hundreds of years, bar some sort of catastrophic event. Pax Americana is set to remain for quite a while.

Or should I put emphasis on your statement, that it will only hardens the resolve of other parties to take care of the problem through other means.

Of course all parties do as best as they can. The better players win. The game in Afghanistan is still ongoing. Let Pakistan try this "help us with Kashmir so we help you in Afghanistan" to get advantages for itself, but I do not see it achieving much. Good Luck!

Hi,

Ofc there is nothing, and there will be nothing. You simply cant impose, force unjust war on others.

The more force you apply, the equal opposite reaction you get

And do you think that those who take the decisions do not take the reactions into account?

And do you think that those who take the decisions do not take the reactions into account?
Hi,
Apparently not !

two major failures in Iraq and Afghanistan has taken quite a toll in American war machinery.

Newer generation platforms shelved and other modernisation not going on paced as was expected.

Nevertheless, still after that it is a force to be reckoned with, which is feeling its domination diminishing year by year. Still a long way to go

Hi,
Apparently not !

two major failures in Iraq and Afghanistan has taken quite a toll in American war machinery.

Newer generation platforms shelved and other modernisation not going on paced as was expected.

Nevertheless, still after that it is a force to be reckoned with, which is feeling its domination diminishing year by year. Still a long way to go

Hey, nobody is perfect! :D

US spending on defense as a percent of its GDP is falling, and is still more than the next 9 countries combined. It can spend more if it needs to do so, but that is not the case until now. The situation in the Middle East will make for some momentous changes in the next few years and it will be a difficult and long transition with many ups and downs. Afghanistan is a relatively peripheral issue in this overall scenario. Pakistan's help is important here, quite clearly, but is it important enough to antagonize India over Kashmir? I think not.

By asking for assistance? that is interesting.

He can ask for assistance, but the real thing is whether he will get it or not.

The situation in the Middle East will make for some momentous changes
Hi,

It sure will as we move from Unipolar world. With Russian taking active interest in the region, and thanks to ill conceived American policies. We will see that the whole region will burn in flames before the fire can be extinguished

Hi,

It sure will as we move from Unipolar world. With Russian taking active interest in the region, and thanks to ill conceived American policies. We will see that the whole region will burn in flames before the fire can be extinguished

Something better will come out of all this, I am sure.

Something better will come out of all this, I am sure.
Hi,

I fear not. If it were only for good intentions.

With a well known record of screwing things up big time, Lets who comes to reconstruct it all.

I am more than willing to place my bet on new player like China

Hi,

I fear not. If it were only for good intentions.

With a well known record of screwing things up big time, Lets who comes to reconstruct it all.

I am more than willing to place my bet on new player like China

All the big players, regional and global, will try to further their own visions and interests. Nobody will get everything they want, but a few will come out ahead. May be you are right and it will be China. May be Russia. Or even USA. Who knows?

Last edited:
Nawaz Sharif has done unexpectedly a good job this time on all issues whether it is Kashmir, LOC violations, Indian support to terror inside Pakistan, Tactical Nukes etc. Well done Mr Sharif. More power to you.

Because there is a big boot behind him...reminding him of 1999 and the pending air craft hijacking case..

Dawn News
  • Nawaz urges US to side with Pakistan against Indian aggression[/paste:font]
    AFP — PUBLISHED ABOUT AN HOUR AGO
    WHATSAPP
    0 COMMENTS
    PRINT
    562a77c57d3ab.jpg
    Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif with head of US Institute of Peace Nancy Lindborg. —APP
    WASHINGTON: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif urged the United States to take Pakistan's side in its long-standing dispute with rival nuclear power India or run the risk of escalating conflict.

Speaking in Washington on Friday, a day after talks with US President Barack Obama, Nawaz said Pakistan was ready to help Afghanistan revive peace talks with Taliban rebels.

But he made it clear that his main priority was seeking international support to compel India to negotiate over the future of the disputed province of Kashmir.

The premier charged India of stepping up ceasefire violations across the Line of Control and Working Boundary.

“While refusing dialogue, India is engaged in a major arms buildup, regrettably with the active assistance of several powers,” he said, in an address to the US Institute for Peace.

“It has adopted dangerous military doctrines. This will compel Pakistan to take several countermeasures to preserve credible deterrence.”

“Obviously the Pakistan-India relationship poses the most difficult and urgent challenge,” Nawaz said.

“I believe a close review of some of the existing assumptions and analysis and greater attention to Pakistan's views and interests would be useful in enabling Washington to play a constructive role in averting the ever present danger of escalation and in promoting stability in South Asia."

He also noted “a stream of hostile statements by the Indian political and military leadership.”

At the White House on Thursday, Nawaz and Obama had agreed to help Afghanistan re-start peace talks that broke off in early August when it emerged that Taliban leader Mullah Omar had been dead for two years.

Pakistan has been accused of covertly supporting the Afghan Taliban in its guerrilla campaign against Kabul and allied Nato forces.

Nawaz insisted his country has no interest in backing the Taliban's campaign of violence, but pleaded that Pakistan “cannot bring them to the table and be asked to kill them at the same time."

Of far more importance, he suggested, was Islamabad's relationship with India, pressuring Washington not to continue pursuing warmer ties with his giant neighbour.

“There is no alternative for the two countries but to resume a comprehensive dialogue to resolve all outstanding issues, including the core issue of Jammu and Kashmir,” he said.

• Out of blue , PM nawaz Sharif has told USA to solve Kashmir problem & stop Indian aggression if they want a secure & peace full Afghanistan .
  • I think that's the best of answer any of Pakistani PM in the history , ever have given to ever-demanding USA .
  • So its simple Afghanistan vs Kashmir , USA has to pick up both or none ?
  • What you think , pls share your oppinion with out trolling .
  • & pls , don't go off topic !
What's new about this exactly? This seems no different from the talking points Mr Sharif used in his UNGA address for the past few years and every Pakistani official has reiterated on a loops for decades now. The US will nod its head, smile and listen intently, throw him a few scraps (F-16s) and send him on his way. A few days later they may issue a press release saying it appreciates Pakistan's concerns blah blah blah but will this change the US's policy? Will this erase the last decade or so and all the bad blood between the US and Pakistan? Will this change the emerging consensus in the US policymakers that they need India both economically and strategically?

All the big layers, regional and global, will try to further their own visions and interests. Nobody will get everything they want, but a few will come out ahead. May be you are right and it will be China. May be Russia. Or even USA. Who knows?
Hi,

One thing is for sure. US has been pushed out with disgrace.

So I wouldn't assume. Unless US is willing to engage in two front low-level intensity conflict ( south China and Middle East)
I hope and pray this time around, policy maker have learnt from their former mistakes and are willing to take constructive role

What's new about this exactly? This seems no different from the talking points Mr Sharif used in his UNGA address for the past few years and every Pakistani official has reiterated on a loops for decades now. The US will nod its head, smile and listen intently, throw him a few scraps (F-16s) and send him on his way. A few days later they may issue a press release saying it appreciates Pakistan's concerns blah blah blah but will this change the US's policy? Will this erase the last decade or so and all the bad blood between the US and Pakistan? Will this change the emerging consensus in the US policymakers that they need India both economically and strategically?
Hi,

Nothing wrong in keeping engaged with so called ally.

Hi,

One thing is for sure. US has been pushed out with disgrace.

So I wouldn't assume. Unless US is willing to engage in two front low-level intensity conflict ( south China and Middle East)
I hope and pray this time around, policy maker have learnt from their former mistakes and are willing to take constructive role.............

The only thing that is sure is that international geopolitics will carry on as always. USA remains a global superpower, and you can hope and pray all you want, it will continue to pursue its national interests as best as it can, not just in the South China Sea or the Middle East, but all over the world. Of course, all other countries, such as Pakistan and China, will do exactly the same and work to further their own national interests. If Pakistan's interests coincide with USA's, there will be co-operation. If not, there will be opposition. Just like always.

Back
Top Bottom