What's new

UN report- Kerala is the only state in India remaining in the very high HDI

With more and more foreign labours being removed from Gulf countries, Kerala will face huge problem.

Kerala is not only depended on Gulf money.... Yes a lot of money come from gulf... and most of them are invested in land and infrastructure..... Yes there will be problem.... but the people lost thier jobs are not skilled labours, they can continue doing that in kerala....

Kerala is not only depended on Gulf money.... Yes a lot of money come from gulf... and most of them are invested in land and infrastructure..... Yes there will be problem.... but the people lost thier jobs are not skilled labours, they can continue doing that in kerala....

Gulf money is a huge factor when it comes to Kerala economy. Many families are entirely dependent on money sent back from gulf countries. Yes, the people now currently being removed are unskilled...but are there as much hotels and shops to go around tin Kerala to accommodate them..as I heard many being sent back are hotel workers and shop salesmen which are categorized as unskilled.

Gulf money is a huge factor when it comes to Kerala economy. Many families are entirely dependent on money sent back from gulf countries. Yes, the people now currently being removed are unskilled...but are there as much hotels and shops to go around tin Kerala to accommodate them..as I heard many being sent back are hotel workers and shop salesmen which are categorized as unskilled.

I was watching a comedy show last week.... in which CM was asked a question to answer.... Which is the official language of kerala.... where in CM answers "HINDI" Because today it is difficult to survive in kerala without hindi because of the huge migrant workers from north states.... What do the do in kerala???? and why are they in kerala?

You go to any restaurant in kerala you will come across someone who is from other states....

They do almost all the unskilled works.... and they get paid handsomely ( compared to other states)

They are here because huge shortage of unskilled labour in kerala......

There are huge opportunities for those gulf returns in kerala...... But do they agree to do the same job in kerala which they were doing in gulf... I doubt.... Their ego doesnt allow them to do so.....

I was watching a comedy show last week.... in which CM was asked a question to answer.... Which is the official language of kerala.... where in CM answers "HINDI" Because today it is difficult to survive in kerala without hindi because of the huge migrant workers from north states.... What do the do in kerala???? and why are they in kerala?

You go to any restaurant in kerala you will come across someone who is from other states....

They do almost all the unskilled works.... and they get paid handsomely ( compared to other states)

They are here because huge shortage of unskilled labour in kerala......

There are huge opportunities for those gulf returns in kerala...... But do they agree to do the same job in kerala which they were doing in gulf... I doubt.... Their ego doesnt allow them to do so.....

Its not just the ego, its also the payment. After being paid in riyals and dirhams it may be difficult to switch to INR. Also one major plus point of gulf employment is the saving which will be drastically reduced when in Kerala. I find many gulf returnees finding it difficult to adjust to Kerala situation and going back to Gulf if they get another oppurtunity. The migrant workers are paid well...but are they paid on par with Malayalee workers?Can a malayalee hotel worker working in Kerala give the same living standard to his family that he could afford when he was working in Gulf . Also you addressed the situation of hotel workers but what about the shop salesman?

Back
Top Bottom