What's new

UN Official breaks down on air after Gaza school bombing

Cruelty against kids is that much.
A bunch of Israeli War mongers and
so called Hamas resistance.Innocent Palestine childrens becomes the victim here.

Like that legend said "Truth is the First Casuality of War".

I think that you are missing the point. Nobody is condoning the actions of Hamas. It is the slaughter of civilians and particularly children which has us aghast
No two thoughts about it. But unlike civilians like us, most neighboring govts are virtually turning a blind eye to the carnage simply because they consider Hamas a bigger evil that the deaths they are witnessing in Gaza. You should have seen Kerry talking to NDTV today. No matter what is coming in the news, USA is rock solid behind israel on this.

Exactly ... People are forgetting that the root cause of problem in Middle East is Jihadists not U.S/Jews.

That is a highly questionable assertion. Historically various countries of Middle East have been ruled by strict administrators. Rather than help introduce constitutionalism, representative government, and democracy, Western Countries went on to occupy, cut apart, and bifurcate the region. When leaving, they handed over control to puppets like Alawites and non-puppets like Zionists.

You just have to read more and find the real root, instead of focusing on the superficial.

The UN and its officials tears would be better placed if they cry over what is happening in Iraq than Israel.

The relative silence of the Muslim people over Iraq vis-a-vis the cacophony over Israel is damning and telling.

That is a highly questionable assertion. Historically various countries of Middle East have been ruled by strict administrators. Rather than help introduce constitutionalism, representative government, and democracy, Western Countries went on to occupy, cut apart, and bifurcate the region. When leaving, they handed over control to puppets like Alawites and non-puppets like Zionists.

You just have to read more and find the real root, instead of focusing on the superficial.

The Middle East situation is a complex problem, and many factors have contributed to the mess and tragedy that we see today. It is unfair and simplistic to single any one factor out from all the others for blame. By the same token, it will take resolving many of these issues in a cohesive manner before any progress towards an ultimate two state solution can be made.

The UN and its officials tears would be better placed if they cry over what is happening in Iraq than Israel.

The relative silence of the Muslim people over Iraq vis-a-vis the cacophony over Israel is damning and telling.

You cannot generalize that lack of protest to all Muslim people, who are equally upset at both situations. The selective outrage and hysteria against Israel that we see today is mainly an Arab characteristic, followed by those that are trying to be more Arab than the Arabs.

Using such absurd logic (logic? really?) they could defend their own crimes-against-humanity in Kashmir, and other places. If they show support for Palestinians, how on earth would they justify what they are doing to crush dozen of separatist movements in their own backyard?

A dozen is 12. I barely know of any separatist movement in India save for the occasional Kashmir babu who seems to be treated like a king by India thus making his credentials questionable. Anyways, no need derailing this thread with the Kashmir issue. It simply makes light of a serious situation

There is a difference between Zionists & Jew. Zionist are ideologically motivated & bit extremist but ordinary Jews just want to live there life. Western imperilism also happened in many parts of the world including S.Asia but we cannot blame them for our own troubles.Like i said root cause of problem in ME is Jihad & Religious extremism but Palestine is exception.Here the problem lies with British imperialism ,Zionist & Jihadist extremism.

Exactly ... People are forgetting that the root cause of problem in Middle East is Jihadists not U.S/Jews.

Israel is going over the board. If the U.S leaves them now then it's all over. Israel should show some restrain.

How contradictory!

Friend, considering your understanding of the conflict I would recommend you to remain mum until you read the history to death.

No. The root cause of the problem in Palestine is occupation, subjugation, and extortion of Palestinian lands and livelihood by Israel. You don't have to agree with the historical facts but you don't have the right to distort them either.

Thread would have adopted altogether a different path had the official broke down on a matter related to non-Muslims! Anyways, I respect his emotions, it's hard to control once emotions emerge.

No. Root cause of problem in Palestine is occupation, subjugation, and extortion of Palestinian lands and livelihood by Israel. You don't have to agree with the historical facts but you don't have the right to distort them either.
Yes u are partially correct with respect to Palestine. British & western Europeans should have accommodated Jews within Europe....

Last edited:
Yes u are partially correct with respect to Palestine. British & western Europeans should have accommodated Jews within Europe....

"history to death." Is it a book ?
Futile suggestion.Even ignoring the fact that it does not help any longer,jews only wanted their ancestral land..the place where they were driven out from.The migration to what is now Israel had begun quite a bit before the WW2.The jews saw it as their homeland,the place of their ancestors..the one place where they were not hounded in..relatively

He might not be used to such violence & but why is he crying on a Al Jazeera news. To show the whole world how he feels.
It's all a tamasha for publicity! He aims to achieve at least a million hits on You Tube that would eventually give him a promotion. He could be also looking out for a free retirement home in Gaza gifted by Palestinians. After all, he cried for them! :P

"history to death." Is it a book ?
Why is it contradictory ? Without American military support it would be End game for Israel. I was taking about Jihadists incontext of ME. But in case of Palestine the British committed a grave crime in accommodating Jews in Palestine. Now Hamas( Jihadists) are also equally at fault for using people as human shields.

I am not one of those who outrightly deny the right of the Jews on the land what is now called Israel and Palestine. Jews have the right to live in those lands but so do the Palestinians. My resentment comes from the ruthless treatment of people of Palestine by the Jews, which is unacceptable for me. I also know that Arabs would have perhaps done the same or worse if they were in the position Israel is today. However, there is a human crisis in that region for a very long period of time, and it must come to an end. Unfortunately, the way Israel is trying to solve (if that is a solution at all) the problem will only complicate it further.

Back
Top Bottom