What's new

Ukraine Antonov & Turkey jointly work on, An-188 Airlifter project

You are talking nonsense. You like to daydream alot. Can't even walk and then want to run. Here you all countries except 3 countries can make Strategic airlifter and yet Turkey can't even make a C-130J equivalent and yet you want them to jump on An-124 or C-7.

I am just stating facts, if you are not happy. Dont reply to my post. Pakistan and western countries do not share the same value together. Western countries will always try impose values on Pakistan and think Pakistan is always lower than them.

It is in your pipedream for an overseas Pakistanis to think western countries is the best solution for Pakistan.

I'm flattered that you mistook me for a Pakistani
but it makes the rest of your post baseless.

Of course, it already was from the start since
I was talking from the onset about Antonov-Türkiye.
And Türkiye is more than able to follow An guidelines.

No Pakistan and no China and no Palau either, mate!

Anyway, GL and good day, Tay.

I'm flattered that you mistook me for a Pakistani
but it makes the rest of your post baseless.

Of course, it already was from the start since
I was talking from the onset about Antonov-Türkiye.
And Türkiye is more than able to follow An guidelines.

No Pakistan and no China and no Palau either, mate!

Anyway, GL and good day, Tay.
Antonov ask Turkey for An-188 which is not a An-124 or C-5 equivalent. And you are asking too much by asking Turkey go for a An-124? As I say, can't even walk and now try sprint. Can you be more practical and offer some more feasible solution? Why not ask Turkey go for Deathstar or Star Trek spaceship? So much of your nonsense.

So a jet engined A400M, essentially.

I'm waiting for the project of new An124s
or even AN-225 being co-produced with An
eye on the SALIS replacement.

Turkey could join that gaining some ToT/exp.
and making money from the leasing activity.

Good day to you, Tay.
I'm glad that Turkey is basically fostering the An-70.

But I'm disappointed that they're not pushing forward with the Motor Sich propfan. This basically means that the An-188 isn't intended for STOL in inaccessible areas, but a general workhorse lifter to move supplies between key hubs or bases. I guess Turkey wanted to simplify the development lead-time and not compete with the A400M (TAI has a good relationship with Airbus after all).

I guess Turkey wanted to simplify the development lead-time and not compete with the A400M (TAI has a good relationship with Airbus after all).

Well, the strategic lifting of a big Antonov
not being covered by Airbus, my option
works in that context too. It's always a
game of positioning yourself for the future.

However mate, details suggest somewhat
differently from your position, check :

Officials from Antonov said that Ukraine will develop a family of new aircraft on basis of An-70.
The new family would consist of 3 air platforms with different turbofan engines.
The aircraft called the An-188-100 will be equipped with four D-436-148FM three-shaft high by-pass turbofan engines
developed by the Ukrainian company Ivchenko-Progress.
The variant with four AI-28 new-generation engines also developed by the Ivchenko-Progress will be called the An-188-110.
And An-188-120 will be equipped with four LEAP high-bypass turbofan aircraft engines made by CFM International (CFMI).

All new aircraft of An-188 family will be capable of basing on different airfields, including air strips, and landing on short runways of only 600-800 m in length. This greatly expands the number of airfields the aircraft can be used on, ensuring the high efficiency of the new aircraft.

The new aircraft will have an advanced glass cockpit with newest flight navigation and communication equipment.
The An188 has the capability to fly distances up to 7,700 km, at a cruising altitude up to 12,100 m
and at a speed of up to 800 km/h depending on aircraft and engine type and variant.

The An-188 military transport turbojet aircraft with a carrying capacity of up to 50 tons will be capable of carrying military equipment of all kinds. It will be capable of carrying military and construction equipment, helicopters, infantry combat vehicles, tank, artillery systems, up to 300 soldiers, as well as humanitarian cargoes, pallets and containers. Maximum payload of up to 35 tonnes (maximum 47) and a volume of 400 m3. The An-188 can carry numerous pieces of outside cargo, for example, a one Puma with one Lynx helicopters and 42 paratroopers, or a heavy infantry fighting vehicle for military purposes.

Maximum range 7700 km
High speed 800 km/h
Cargo hold volume 400 m³
Delivery heavy payloads Up to 35 tons
It can accommodate 300 troops. Transport of wounded
: upper deck – 110 seated, lower deck – 96 stretchers.

And they do say it is a STOL.
Link.

All the best to you and yours, Tay.

Discussions are ongoing between Turkey and Ukraine, focusing on what each country’s industries would take up in the potential aircraft co-production effort, including technology transfer, licensing and export rights. (MicroStockHub/Getty Images)

ANKARA, Turkey — Turkish and Ukrainian aerospace and procurement officials are in talks to finalize a program for the co-production of An-188 military transport aircraft.

“Talks have been ongoing over the past couple of years,” a Turkish aerospace official said. “We are hoping to make quicker progress in the next year.”

Antonov, maker of the An-188 and part of the Ukrainian aerospace holding group Ukroboronprom, showcased the aircraft at the 2018 aerospace exhibition Eurasia Airshow in Antalya, Turkey, from April 25-28. The air show was the first exhibition where Antonov unveiled the new An-188 short takeoff and landing aircraft.

A Turkish procurement official said discussions focused on what each country’s industries would take up, work share, technology transfer and know-how, licensing, and exports to other countries.

“That makes a long list of topics, but there is intention to go ahead for both Ukraine and Turkey,” the official said. “Also, there is political support in both partner countries.”

For any co-production deal to go ahead, the aircraft must be brought to full compliance with NATO standards, Turkish officials said.

The An-188-100 will be equipped with four D-436-148FM three-shaft high-bypass turbofan engines developed by the Ukrainian company Ivchenko-Progress.

The variant with four AI-28 new-generation engines also developed by Ivchenko-Progress will be called the An-188-110. And An-188-120 will be equipped with four LEAP high-bypass turbofan aircraft engines made by CFM International.

Antonov officials said all new aircraft of the An-188 family would be capable of basing on different airfields, including airstrips, and of landing on short runways of only 600-800 meters in length.

The aircraft will have an advanced glass cockpit with the latest flight navigation and communication equipment. The An-188 features a flight distance of up to 7,700 kilometers, a cruising altitude of up to 12,100 meters and a speed of up to 800 kph depending on aircraft and engine type and variant.

The An-188 can carry up to 50 tons of military equipment, including construction equipment, helicopters, infantry combat vehicles, tanks, artillery systems, and humanitarian cargoes, pallets and containers, as well as up to 300 soldiers.

https://www.defensenews.com/global/...dustry-participation-in-an-188-co-production/

Back
Top Bottom