What's new

UK woman sues Indian neighbours for cooking spicy food

Delnavaz B

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Highlights
• Joanna Cridlin claims the "strong overwhelming vapour of hot chillies" leads to respiratory problems

• She says the spicy smell "permeates her home" for 8 hours after her neighbours have finished cooking

• Cridlin says the smell should be classified as "anti-social behaviour"

LONDON: A woman in the UK has filed a court case against her neighbours for cooking spicy food which she says waft out "pungent toxic fumes", causing her "respiratory problems" as well as choking.

Joanna Louise Cridlin, an animal rights campaigner, is suing her neighbours' landlord Viridian Housing at London's High Court to try to force them to take action.
Cridlin, who is also seeking a compensation payout, claims that the "strong overwhelming vapour of hot chillies" leads to "respiratory problems" and "constricts her airways and burns her windpipe".

She says the spicy smell "permeates her home" in Wandsworth, south London for eight hours after her neighbours have finished cooking, describing it as "torture".Cridlin said she had also "choked in her sleep" and "staggered to her balcony gasping for air" after the fumes brought on breathing problems, the metro.co.uk reported.
Cridlin says the landlords have "ignored her legitimate appeal for help" and are not reacting strongly enough to her complaints about the chilli fumes.

Noting that she suffers from breathing problems, Cridlin says the smell should be classified as "anti-social behaviour".
The contents of the writ are yet to be tested in evidence before a judge.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...r-cooking-spicy-food/articleshow/53399266.cms

For the First time in my life ......
I am siding with Indian Woman ......
Gori ki esi ki tesi .... :p:
But you will change your sympathy once you try South Indian curry...bet me.

I doubt
Curry Pakora is one of my favorite dish .....
Damn it,
I am going to request Mom to cook it tomorrow.....
:pop: kia yad krwa dia .....

I doubt
Curry Pakora is one of my favorite dish .....
Damn it,
I am going to request Mom to cook it tomorrow.....
:pop: kia yad krwa dia .....
Kari Pakoda and south Indian masala curries are two different things, have you ever taste South Indian food?

@Tipu7
Kadi Pakora
maxresdefault.jpg

South Indian Curry
IMG_1982.JPG

Bite your tongue when you say that.

On topic, the lady should have sat down and talked with the family about the issues she's facing with their cooking. Quite apparent that she would prefer running to the authorities to solve her problems for her (and maybe make a few pounds at the same time), if not complain to the newspapers, and maybe if you whine enough, some poster (with a hard-on for anti-Indian articles/news) in another part of the world will consider it breaking news and will literally call all the laanats in this world upon his internet connection that he can't get it posted on PDF fast enough.

The Indian family should also have been more considerate, maybe only cook when the whiner goes to work.

I know the difference...hell i can even cook my own kadi pakora...and believe me its finger licking good...
Your I....t or acting like that....Kadi Pakora and South Indian Curry are two different things.

Better for you to join some restaurant as a cook.

@Delnavaz B what part of my post was difficult to understand....i mean seriously i cant put it more simply...point it out so that i may remove the misunderstanding
And as far as joining a restaurant is concerned....i've got a decent job and am pretty happy with it...cooking is my hobby...i dont want to change it into my profession...

Back
Top Bottom