What's new

UAE: Ashraf Ghani emerges & apologises to nation!

Clutch

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Ashraf Ghani apologises to nation

ReutersPublished September 9, 2021 - Updated 43 minutes ago
Facebook Count
Twitter Share
This file photo shows former Afghan president Ashraf Ghani. — Facebook screengrab/File
DUBAI: Former Afghan President Ashraf Ghani, who fled Kabul as Taliban forces reached the outskirts of the city last month, apologised on Wednesday for the abrupt fall of his government but denied that he had taken millions of dollars with him.

In a statement posted on Twitter, Ghani said he had left at the urging of his security team who said that if he stayed there was a risk of “the same horrific street-to-street fighting the city had suffered during the Civil War of the 1990s.”

“Leaving Kabul was the most difficult decision of my life, but I believed it was the only way to keep the guns silent and save Kabul and her 6 million citizens,” he said.

The statement largely echoed a message Ghani sent from the United Arab Emirates in the immediate aftermath of his departure, which drew bitter criticism from former allies who accused him of betrayal.

Ghani, a former World Bank official who became president after two bitterly disputed elections marred by widespread allegations of fraud on both sides, dismissed reports that he had left with millions of dollars in cash as “completely and categorically false.”

“Corruption is a plague that has crippled our country for decades and fighting corruption has been a central focus of my efforts as president,” he said, adding that he and his Lebanese-born wife were “scrupulous in our personal finances.”

He offered appreciation for the sacrifices Afghans had made over the past 40 years of war in their country.

It is with deep and profound regret that my own chapter ended in similar tragedy to my predecessors — without ensuring stability and prosperity. I apologise to the Afghan people that I could not make it end differently.”

Published in Dawn, September 9th, 2021

Last edited:
After looting Afghanistan for years now with first chance all the corrupt Generals and Politicians just left, they were there when Americans were there providing them with money and security, once they leave all those fake Patriots of Afghanistan run faster than Usain Bolt. I hope this Ghani and every murderer General/Warlord/Politician of Afghanistan dies a horrific death.

Why apologize. Fleeing Kabul with millions of dollars was the smartest thing Ghani did in years. Ashraf Ghani's government was the only regime I have seen dumber then the Zardari regime in Pakistan.

Ashraf Ghani apologises to nation

ReutersPublished September 9, 2021 - Updated 43 minutes ago
Facebook Count
Twitter Share
This file photo shows former Afghan president Ashraf Ghani. — Facebook screengrab/File
DUBAI: Former Afghan President Ashraf Ghani, who fled Kabul as Taliban forces reached the outskirts of the city last month, apologised on Wednesday for the abrupt fall of his government but denied that he had taken millions of dollars with him.

In a statement posted on Twitter, Ghani said he had left at the urging of his security team who said that if he stayed there was a risk of “the same horrific street-to-street fighting the city had suffered during the Civil War of the 1990s.”

“Leaving Kabul was the most difficult decision of my life, but I believed it was the only way to keep the guns silent and save Kabul and her 6 million citizens,” he said.

The statement largely echoed a message Ghani sent from the United Arab Emirates in the immediate aftermath of his departure, which drew bitter criticism from former allies who accused him of betrayal.

Ghani, a former World Bank official who became president after two bitterly disputed elections marred by widespread allegations of fraud on both sides, dismissed reports that he had left with millions of dollars in cash as “completely and categorically false.”

“Corruption is a plague that has crippled our country for decades and fighting corruption has been a central focus of my efforts as president,” he said, adding that he and his Lebanese-born wife were “scrupulous in our personal finances.”

He offered appreciation for the sacrifices Afghans had made over the past 40 years of war in their country.

It is with deep and profound regret that my own chapter ended in similar tragedy to my predecessors — without ensuring stability and prosperity. I apologise to the Afghan people that I could not make it end differently.”

Published in Dawn, September 9th, 2021
An American pet dog might be having more worth than this shameless sell-out traitor and war-criminal. This idiot foiled every effort that Americans initially made for Afghan national reconciliation before they started direct talks with Afghan Taliban with Pak help - that is, occupiers having direct negotiations with the resistance bypassing their pet dog. Brainless puppet Ghani still miserably failed in realizing his real worth - merely a puppet, just a valueless puppet. But during all that time, this idiot kept blaming and blackmailing Pakistan as Indians kept programming him like a toy robot. Now this fool is accusing his masters for their abrupt withdrawal from Afghanistan - agaian a studit and baseless assertion. The withdrawal might be anything but hasty. Wasn't the withdrawal schedule included and announced in Duha peace agreement? The reality is that this brainless puppet was as much delusional as his other masters - notoriously infamous for delusions and laundering lies - i.e. Indians. And then what happened when the time came was not really surprising for those who knew the ground reality in Afghanistan. The puppet regime collapsed like a house of cards and coward puppet found the safety only in fleeing the country. Why is he now apologizing to the Afghan nation? As an installed puppet by occupying powers, Ghani was not their leader in any case. At best, he was a gang-leader of the sell-out traitors who participated in war crimes against Afghan nation. New Afghan government needs to bring this idiot back to Afghanistan and prosecute him on sedition and war-crime charges.

Now this fool is accusing his masters for their abrupt withdrawal from Afghanistan
All the Hindutva-Afghans are now blaming the Americans for their own failures. Its sad. They won't admit thier own strategic and tactical stupidity or the corruption and dysfunction in the Bonn framework government. The Hindutva-Afghans should not forget that the RSS and BJP gave them little help in any fighting on the ground. Not only are they puppets.....they are expendable puppets. That's why fleeing abroad with the loot is a smart thing to do. :lol:

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom