What's new

U.S. warship puts China in awkward spot

In 2020s you shall see China holds military exercise with Cuba in the Caribbean Sea. Payback belongs to us in the near future!
In the 2020s Cuba will be an American protectorate the way Puerto Rico is. The Chinese fleet is more than welcome to port and spend money...:D

LOL I would love to see that happening. :azn:

If you could have, then you would have.
Before you can convince yourself that the US could not take over Cuba militarily if we wanted, you need to layout the arguments as to why not. And please do not bring up 'Bay of Pigs'. That was not US troops but Cuban expats. Today? Miami-Dade Metro PD could take over Cuba.

Before you can convince yourself that the US could not take over Cuba militarily if we wanted, you need to layout the arguments as to why not. And please do not bring up 'Bay of Pigs'. That was not US troops but Cuban expats. Today? Miami-Dade Metro PD could take over Cuba.

Buddy you are full of theoretical arguments like "Cuba will become an American protectorate" or "China will lose NK".

Words are cheap, your own politicians throw out a thousand words a minute.

If you want to do something, go ahead. :D Unfortunately for you, it seems the US government has the exact opposite opinion to you, most of the time.

Of course, military occupation is very handy, but your government has to deal with Iraq and Afghanistan first.

And don't forget, most of your soldiers want no more war, but go back to home. For sake of their family, stop the warmongering acts!!!

iraq_war_veteran_crippled.jpg

Buddy you are full of theoretical arguments like "Cuba will become an American protectorate" or "China will lose NK".
And you are not?

Words are cheap, your own politicians throw out a thousand words a minute.
Indeed words are cheap. That is why China should focus on internal economic stability and growth instead of on how to keep NKR under control. We do not have the same burden with SKR.

If you want to do something, go ahead. :D Unfortunately for you, it seems the US government has the exact opposite opinion to you, most of the time.
And unfortunately for you, your rants about keeping NKR will fall upon deaf ears in Beijing.

And you are not?

Indeed words are cheap. That is why China should focus on internal economic stability and growth instead of on how to keep NKR under control. We do not have the same burden with SKR.

And unfortunately for you, your rants about keeping NKR will fall upon deaf ears in Beijing.

OK buddy, Cuba is going to become an American protectorate. :lol:

Whatever you want, it's not like your opinion is shared by your government, who love to kowtow to everyone and everything anyway. Just google "Obama bowing" and you'll see what I mean.

OK buddy, Cuba is going to become an American protectorate.
Puerto Rico is an American protectorate. The islanders had a chance to vote themselves into independence and they did not. They voted to remain as a US protectorate.

Here is the margin...

Congress approves referendum on future of Puerto Rico - USATODAY.com
In the last referendum, "none of the above" garnered 50% of the vote, topping the other options, including statehood at 46.5% and independence at 2.5%.
Cuba stands to gain a great deal of benefits either as a US protectorate like Puerto Rico or to abandon communism, become a functional democracy, and gain prosperity like the 'Ricans are today. Still thinks it is impossible...??? :lol:

Whatever you want, it's not like your opinion is shared by your government, who love to kowtow to everyone and everything anyway. Just google "Obama bowing" and you'll see what I mean.
Obama is just one President in a chain of many. He bows today and embarrass US but the next President may make others bow to US. That is what make US somewhat dangerous to our enemies -- regular regime changes.

Obama is just one President in a chain of many. He bows today and embarrass US but the next President may make others bow to US. That is what make US somewhat dangerous to our enemies -- regular regime changes.

How is Palin doing anyway? Any chance at ALL of beating Obama?

I fear you will be stuck with Obama until the Republicans come up with a credible candidate.

Puerto Rico is an American protectorate. The islanders had a chance to vote themselves into independence and they did not. They voted to remain as a US protectorate.

Here is the margin...

Congress approves referendum on future of Puerto Rico - USATODAY.com

right so tell me, when did cuba become puerto rico again?

Cuba stands to gain a great deal of benefits either as a US protectorate like Puerto Rico or to abandon communism, become a functional democracy, and gain prosperity like the 'Ricans are today. Still thinks it is impossible...??? :lol:

yea and what? were those not available before? did the US government just make an offer?

this i agree with, simple gestures such as that make no overall difference on the US.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see a warming of relations either after Castro kicks the bucket, after sanctions and travel restrictions are lifted, or both.

Cuba is not likely to be a US territory ala Puerto Rico, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it fall into the US sphere of influence in the future economically and possibly politically as Castro fades from the scene. Aside from Castro the enmity just isn't there for Cuba.

Sure, it may be a sensitive issue.

But why is China so "afraid" of a carrier?

We have the DF-21D anti-ship ballistic missile, which is essentially a one-shot carrier buster.

Because China doesn't have it yet. There have been no tests announced for it by the government period, only speculation on its capabilities by others. Seeing as the missiles wouldn't serve as a deterrant against the US if nobody knew about it, I'd believe that they are still working out the kinks in it.

Because China doesn't have it yet. There have been no tests announced for it by the government period, only speculation on its capabilities by others. Seeing as the missiles wouldn't serve as a deterrant against the US if nobody knew about it, I'd believe that they are still working out the kinks in it.
Try to understand this...As long as it can be Photochopped up, it exist in fully deployable status. These boys never served a day wearing the uniform of a fast food franchise, let alone a term of enlistment. They are desperate and gullible for anything that could conceivably one-up the US military and their arguments will violate the laws of physics if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom