What's new

U.S to Ship Russian-Made Helicopters to Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
but the lands in the north of the 'chicken neck' in kashmir are all hilly and high up...the helis are a must if in an event of war...the PA has to drop men into kashmir or provide replenishment to men fighting in a kargil like scenario where becuase of the non-involvement of the PAF...replenishment came from mules...the IA has had a high no. of Mis tuned up for the hilly job...so i figured that Pa must have a large heli fleet too...

We do not. Our heli fleet is around 100 or so and not all helis are in the med or Heavy lift category. Helis are obviously multi-purpose, however this is not the time to be worrying about India's sensitivities pertaining to the transfer of 4 Mi-17s.

Can someone explain me how I can ignore a poster? You have those kind of options so ou do not see someones post anymore. Thanks in advance.

Can someone explain me how I can ignore a poster? You have those kind of options so ou do not see someones post anymore. Thanks in advance.
I agree.This feature should be enabled so i can ignore some clowns.

So Pakistan is leasing the helis. What is the difference?

Atleast in this aspect, there is a difference blain. If you would have went to Russia, they would have ask for hard cash. In return US is doing pakistan a favour for buying them and leasing it out. It is quasi-aid from the US. Nevertheless, it satisfies pakistan needs!

Atleast in this aspect, there is a difference blain. If you would have went to Russia, they would have ask for hard cash. In return US is doing pakistan a favour for buying them and leasing it out. It is quasi-aid from the US. Nevertheless, it satisfies pakistan needs!

US is not buying these planes specifically for Pakistan. It already has them and it is just leasing them out....to me , it looks like its not much of a aid....they are just loaning out the equipment. If pak had the power then it would have been better to lease it from someone else unless US is not charging any leasing amount.

I agree.This feature should be enabled so i can ignore some clowns.

Click on username to go to his/her profile, click "user list" option and add to ignore list.

Follow same procedure to reverse it. :coffee:

The main point is we need heli's and if these Mi-17's are usefull to us then the primary goal is achieved.

The second point is: are there any other options available for Pakistan? and for sure U.S. can do far more then leasing some Mi-17's to Pakistan for it's great efforts in war on terror....seems like U.S. just don't want to see Pak-Armed forces become more stronger! :angry:

They always pretend to see the results they want without giving a really considerable help to Pakistan (they don't give us state of the art weapons, like they didn't give us what we ask to them)....just listen to their statements against Pakistan then the only question comes in my mind is; why we are with U.S?? if they really want to help us like they try to show, then why they don't simply cancel all debts of Pakistan recognizing our efforts in this WOT!! yeah they gave us about 12 billion aid ut just go and see how many $ we have lost bcz of this war, more then (correct me if i'm wrong) 34 billion $!! so you people really think that these 12 billion and 1.5 billion aid for next 5 yeas will be enough?:tsk:

After all we know that U.S. isn't a true friend, they just want to use us (they are using Pakistan) like they did back during cold war...they just think about U.S interests and the rest hasn't any importance to them. So9 ths time we can learn from the past and take the necessary steps to avoid the mistakes of the past.

Goverment must demand more (possibly free and state of art) weapons, hardware, heli's etc from U.S.:bounce:

He Nadeem, probeer je telefonisch te bereiken voor Le Bourget. Bedankt voor het ignore optie. Zat al te zoeken en dit was de eerste keer dat ik het echt nodig had. Merci.

why is the PA getting arms and grants to fight the taliban?
PA is supposed to be more than capable in handling the threat by india...and yet it requires choppers to fight the taliban...who have no armor...no C&C structures...?

No asset relocation from Pak-India border,PA is capable and loaded ,but Pak army made clear to Halbrooke. Plus PA take this war of terrorism on NATO expense. PA will never spend even single penny. Try to find audit report, How Pak armed forces are charging US for this war.

India is paying hard cash for that . I don't think that is Pakistan specific.

Read it again It says we are leasing it last i check lease payments are made with hard cash.

He Nadeem, probeer je telefonisch te bereiken voor Le Bourget. Bedankt voor het ignore optie. Zat al te zoeken en dit was de eerste keer dat ik het echt nodig had. Merci.

Sorrie kerel, ben aan het werk en tel alweer thuis vergeten. Bel je morgen, dan ga ik boeken.
Check je PM.
Groetjes.

Sorrie kerel, ben aan het werk en tel alweer thuis vergeten. Bel je morgen, dan ga ik boeken.
Check je PM.
Groetjes.

Boek ook een kamertje voor mij..! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom