What's new

U.S to Ship Russian-Made Helicopters to Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is most likely a Mi-17-V5 (a.k.a. Mi-8MTV-5) or possibly V7 (a.k.a. Mi-8MTV-7). Both feature a “dolphin” nose and a flat rear fuselage ramp for easier access Compared to earlier versions, the current V5 production model has a more powerful engine which gives better hot/high performance. The improved V7 version (will?) furthermore feature(s) an improved gearbox, the main rotor from the newer Mi-38 and the tail rotor from the Mi-28 attack helicopter. It has greater payload (+1 tonne), speed (20-km/hr faster cruise speed) and/or range relative to V5. This version is even more suited to high-altitude work and hot climates. The IR-diffusers are the same as those used on the Hind series (Mi-24/25/35) attack helicopters.

The Mi-17 is a more powerfull version of the older Mi-8. While larger than most Western medium helicopters, it can also carry more troops and a greater payload. It can also be equipped with long-range fuel tanks. Many have been modified with external racks that can carry bombs or unguided rockets. A decided advantage is that the price of a new Mi-17 is roughly a third to a quarter of the price of a Sikorsky S-70.

It is quite possible that the helicopters in question are fitted with western avionics, which makes them different from the regular production model and easier to operate by air forces which already fly western helicopters but not russian helicopters.

Mi-17
Mil Mi-17 helicopter - development history, photos, technical data
Leased Mi-17s - Medium-Heavy Lift Helicopter - Mil Mi-17 - CASR Background - Canadian American Strategic Review - Helicopter Lease - Government Military Contracts - Succession Management - Kazan Helicopters - Military Helicopter - Canadian Forces

Last edited:
American have kept there words by deleivering the four Mi17 helicopters they promised. Congratulation to all fellows! we havent got the apache ;) but the Mi17,, yes we got them now!!
The Russian Origin Helis were given to Pakistan army aviation at Chaklala Airbase.
hope that will help our security forces in there cause to fight militancy in northeren part of our country.

once againcongratulation to all of you!!
:cheers:

Regards!

Note: Moderators, sir i have made a thread regarding this news. it was aimed to break the news at the forum and to discuss the effect of this procurement. you may merge that thread with this one if you find both of them the same!
Thankyou

ohhh not this one,i asking the pics for those helis which r just delivered.:hitwall:

those are not available on the net yet! even the report is not present on the net by the time i am writing this post!
it will be posted on the thread regarding the news relating to the deleivery of the helicopters and there effect on efficiency of our security forces! unless the mods think that that forum must be merged with the existing one! this is the thread for your insight:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/28036-pakistan-received-mi17-helicopter-us.html
sit tight dude i am waiting for the news to pop up so we can get the details!
may be MEAN BIRD can come up with the report, he usually is great in posting and sharing such stuff :smitten: , i dont know how the hell he smells the news so early!! :lol:
i hope you dont mind it Mean_bird, it is just a friendly comment dear!

regards!

EDIT: the link to the report and discussion about the deleivery is posted on
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/28036-pakistan-received-mi17-helicopter-us.html

Last edited:
those are not available on the net yet! even the report is not present on the net by the time i am writing this post!
it will be posted on the thread regarding the news relating to the deleivery of the helicopters and there effect on efficiency of our security forces! unless the mods think that that forum must be merged with the existing one! this is the thread for your insight:
sit tight dude i am waiting for the news to pop up so we can get the details!
may be MEAN BIRD can come up with the report, he usually is great in posting and sharing such stuff :smitten: , i dont know how the hell he smells the news so early!! :lol:
i hope you dont mind it Mean_bird, it is just a friendly comment dear!

regards!

:what::what::what:

Good grief, he had to start his own thread on this elsewhere....:hitwall: :cheesy: :crazy: :undecided::rofl:

Good grief, he had to start his own thread on this elsewhere....

:blah: :blah:
the same crap again!!
i do not understand what is forceing you into a baseless rivalry with me for nothing! :tsk: i have been noticing it for a long long time that you have been arguing with my posts for nothing, you attitude have been humilating! why dont you get over it once and for all??

this is an information forum so better keep the place cleans of such irralevant posts! if you have some personal conflict with me PM me and i will give you my ID and you can say what ever you want but better keep out of it on this forum!

as far as you argument is concerned (rather your THIS argument is concerned)here is my post for you view!

Post No 47American have kept there words by deleivering the four Mi17 helicopters they promised. Congratulation to all fellows! we havent got the apache but the Mi17,, yes we got them now!!
The Russian Origin Helis were given to Pakistan army aviation at Chaklala Airbase.
hope that will help our security forces in there cause to fight militancy in northeren part of our country.

once againcongratulation to all of you!!

Regards!

Note: Moderators, sir i have made a thread regarding this news. it was aimed to break the news at the forum and to discuss the effect of this procurement. you may merge that thread with this one if you find both of them the same!
Thankyou
i hope you are not old enough for your eyes not able to read the NOTE at the bottom!
i will also request the senoirs to have a look into this matter! when i have posted a request note for mods why are you trying to get into this matter!
you better atleast read the complete post befor starting your propaganda campaing :hitwall:
anyhow this was my last ever reply to your post on the thread, after this i will only contact you via PM so that the threads are not spoiled by your pointless posts!:hitwall:

Arslan stop with posts such as the one above. You are not helping....

Arslan stop with posts such as the one above. You are not helping....
sir i request to also check his post!
the way he is arguing cannot be tolerated by anyone however all i have done is to try to convince him to stay out of matters that need mods attention!
if you have said that i must not have started a new thread i would never ever have reacted in this manner as your way to say the same thing would have been different and respectfull! even if not so your are the man seating at the post where you can pass such comments! in my post i already said that i do feel that this info i have postd on a new thread could may have been psoted here and if you think it shouls be so you better kindly merge the threads! i started the new thread as it was a news break and i wanted the members to get the info! all this i had posted in my starting post but do you suggest that a simple member just like me can come up with an accusition to the other member in such a tone!
i request your consideration into this matter, however as per your post i will be carefull in future but please do check this matter.

regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom