What's new

U.S. tells the Philippines to shut up

For everyone who is not a Filipino, I present the facts:

The Spratly Islands were disputed between France and the Republic of China in the 1930s. Japan invaded the islands and after the Japanese were defeated, the Republic of China was designated to receive the Japanese surrenders in the Spratlys at the end of WW 2 in 1945. The Republic of China then established garrisons on the islands in 1945 before Vietnam was even an independent country. The Republic of China (Taiwan) has the oldest military presence and claims on the islands. The American colony known as the Philippines did not claim the Spratly islands or even take notice of them before independence in 1946. After independence, the Filipino Tomas Cloma suddenly claimed he "discovered" the already occupied Spratly islands, and based on this claim the Marcos government in the Philippines (the butcherer of tens of thousands of Moro civlians) claimed the Spratlys in the 1970s.

Spratly Islands (reefs, South China Sea) -- Encyclopedia Britannica

Vietnam Joins the World - Google knygos

Where in the World is the Philippines?

The Law of the Sea and Northeast Asia

Don't lie kid, Islands belong to Vietnam from time of Nguyen Lord of Le Dynasty of Vietnam around 1600 years AD. KMT China was not designated to receive Islands of Vietnam, because Cairo statement didn't mentioned about Islands of Vietnam. Then both China and UK handed to receive surrenders of Japan to France following Chongqing Agreement 1946.

Taiwan stolen Itu Aba 1956 when Saigon regime was busy after Geneva 1954.

Don't lie kid, Islands belong to Vietnam from time of Nguyen Lord of Le Dynasty of Vietnam around 1600 years AD. KMT China was not designated to receive Islands of Vietnam, because Cairo statement didn't mentioned about Islands of Vietnam. Then both China and UK handed to receive surrenders of Japan to France following Chongqing Agreement 1946.

Well chinese are the people who invented lying did you know that sir :omghaha:

You are the liar, people can read for themselves.

Vietnam Joins the World - Google knygos

Spratly Islands (reefs, South China Sea) -- Encyclopedia Britannica

The Law of the Sea and Northeast Asia

Where in the World is the Philippines?

When China signed UNCLOS it EXEMPTED the Spratly islands from it.

one thing to say about that :omghaha: its legal binding treaty how in the hell can you do that? did your read the whole link is there any part provision or article that said exempt the kalayaan islands( our half of the spartly islands) man you really are idiotic man thanks for proving my point.

one thing to say about that :omghaha: its legal binding treaty how in the hell can you do that? did your read the whole link is there any part provision or article that said exempt the kalayaan islands( our half of the spartly islands) man you really are idiotic man thanks for proving my point.

Learn to read

This is one of the common misconception Filipino made regarding China's 9-dotted claim and the jurisdiction surrounding UNCLOS. It's important to understand that during the ratification process of UNCLOS, China made a "key" diplomatic note to the UN insisting that China entitled to the adjacent water and continental shelf from the few Spratly's Islands that China administered and any overlapping water with the Philippine archipelago's EEZ shall be resolved through diplomatic channel. This means when certain Islands belong to China's jurisdiction "overlapping" with water from the Philippine archipelago, UNCLOS cannot superseded the very basic foundation of China-Philippine share water dispute. This very key point the Philippine continues to dismiss or shall I say, "unintelligibly" cannot comprehend UNCLOS law, in which case, China is not responsible for Philippine's misinformation. Do I need to pull out this note and agreement between China-Philippine or China-Vietnam?

Thanks but that's a chinese source like your invalid claims well may i say more?

This is the real thing?

Archipelagic Doctrine of 1987 Philippine Constitution
2010Political Law1987 Philippine Constitution, archipelagic doctrine

What do you understand by the archipelagic doctrine? Is this reflected in the 1987 Philippine Constitution?

SUGGESTED ANSWER:
The ARCHIPELAGIC DOCTRINE emphasizes the unity of land and waters by defining an archipelago either as a group of islands surrounded by waters or a body of waters studded with islands. For this purpose, it requires that baselines be drawn by connecting the appropriate points of the “outermost islands to encircle the islands within the archipelago. The waters on the landward side of the baselines regardless of breadth or dimensions are merely internal waters.

Yes, the archipelagic doctrine is reflected in the 1987 Philippine Constitution. Article I, Section 1 provides that the national territory of the Philippines includes the Philippine archipelago, with all the islands and waters embraced therein; and the waters around, between, and connecting the islands of the archipelago, regardless of their breadth and dimensions, form part of the internal waters of the Philippines.

whats the hush..
china should simply first slowly increase itss presence and then simply occupy the islands through its military might
noone even has the guts or capability to even get involve with single chinese destroyer

i mean the navies of other countries are like minnows

So the rule of law is nothing? figures that people here like you would say that.

^^^

Who acknowledges the Archipelagic Doctrine, but the Pinoys?

It is not enforceble in the international disputes.

Did you not read the UNCLOS like I told you to?

Old Map Showing Spratlys Belongs to the Philippines

16978-01.jpg

Sulu Sultanate Rejects China's Claim Over Spratlys

“China has no right over the Spratly Islands in what it calls the South China Sea because that is part of our ancestral domain, including the marine territory around it and the waters around these islands is part of the Sulu Sea,” Majaraj Julmuner Jannaral, Sultanate information officer, told The STAR, quoting Muhammad Fuad Abdulla Kiram I, the reigning Sultan of Sulu and Sabah (North Borneo).

Sulu Sultanate rejects China claim over Spratlys | Global Balita

Sabah, Palawan and the Spratlys Island were given to the Sulu Sultanate by the Brunei Sultanate in the 1400's.

images

Our indisputable proof of ownership...our small barangay in Pag-asa Island. PROC occupy ZERO Island, Taiwan occupies Taiping Island only because the Taiwanese used force to removed our People there(and that's illegal under international law)...we are the FIRST to occupy the islands after Japanese renounce their ownership.

lmfao, stop posting zerowing, you're not sentient, let alone literate. no doubt all the pinoy lurkers here feel humiliated that out of all the possible candidates for defending the banana republic they call home, it had to be you.

LOL the kid (Zero_wing) is a dimwit. You can't expect much from him. I used to trade with him but I have chosen to ignore him. When he grows up and mature a bit, then I will reassess.

So the rule of law is nothing? figures that people here like you would say that.
well you are right rule of law is nothing..does india follow rule of law or UN chartered resolutions that itself accepted on kashmir?
does USA follow rule of law or UN?
does russia follow rule of law or UN...?
noone follows any rules because they are none..
had there been rule of law there would have been no armies and no wars

ther may be some ethical conscious to perserve your country image when it comes to human life loss which in this case wouldnt be issue as those isalnds are mostly unpopulated and noone will be stupid enough to challenge china

Those islands do belong to China, and let's not forget, Vietnam.

BTW, I couldn't find any Chinese historical maps that shows Spratly belonged to China.

Anyway, if one part of the Spratly island group is Chinese occupied, well then it's Chinese occupied. Like what they say; Finders keepers, losers weepers.

Back
Top Bottom