What's new

U.S. Sends Second Carrier to Asia Amid Tensions with China

Obama send CBG to SCS, but doesn't have the ball to send US army to Iraq and Ukraine
Not supporting Obama, but he did send military personnel to Syria clandestinely rescue the hostages. At least he did something.

Obama send CBG to SCS, but doesn't have the ball to send US army to Iraq and Ukraine

Objectively speaking, it doesn't serve US interests to commit an army in the Middle East. It can contribute by sending in small but effective special ops teams, as well as send in CIA operatives to perform scout and info recruitment.

The United States has placed a greater strategic visage in Asia - Pacific. And as a Pacific Power, the United States has natural interests for this. In my opinion, the American Pivot is long overdue.

and still there will be people who would argue that china doesn't need to increase the meager defense budget, now where are these people? i can't see them

Their defense budget is at 1.4% of their GDP. Its actually standard. The Philippines spends 1% of their GDP on national defense. Why even Japan is worse, we spend less than 0.9% of our GDP on military defense. If China raises its defense expenditure, then this will only be used by Japan to raise our defense expenditure and allow the ratification of Constitutional Ammendment that allows the Defense Expenditure to be normalized at 3% of Japan's GDP. This would raise our Defense spending to $180 Billion per annum. Does China or Russia really want that? LOL

JMSDF Fleet Review,

8138344546_50c28ce71d_z.jpg

JMSDF-Fleet-Review-2012-3.jpg

JMSDF-Fleet-Review-2012-10.jpg

jmsdf.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure one of our 4 Ohio class SSGNs patrols the region at all times. Just one carries 154 Tomahawk cruise missiles. I'm sure the Navy could deploy a second to the region at any time if need be. That's 300 Tomahawks just off two sub platforms. If the situation required a third strike group could be surge deployed. We could probably get a thousand cruise missiles in the region within days.

I'm sure one of our 4 Ohio class SSGNs patrols the region at all times. Just one carries 154 Tomahawk cruise missiles. I'm sure the Navy could deploy a second to the region at any time if need be. That's 300 Tomahawks just off two sub platforms. If the situation required a third strike group could be surge deployed. We could probably get a thousand cruise missiles in the region within days.
Well that 300x Tomahawk cruise missiles to destroy China, i had heared the story many times. LOL... ths to remind me again.

Im just feel surprised ! Ur American also believed such poor idea.

Their defense budget is at 1.4% of their GDP. Its actually standard. The Philippines spends 1% of their GDP on national defense. Why even Japan is worse, we spend less than 0.9% of our GDP on military defense. If China raises its defense expenditure, then this will only be used by Japan to raise our defense expenditure and allow the ratification of Constitutional Ammendment that allows the Defense Expenditure to be normalized at 3% of Japan's GDP. This would raise our Defense spending to $180 Billion per annum. Does China or Russia really want that? LOL

is this a hostage situation or what? you do increase your defense budget if you can but you know recently japan's economy is running short of fuel. why don't you take account of usa defense spending? if china sticks to its defensive mentality, such humiliations are going be nonstop phenomena. chinese must understand national security and pride can't can't be given up, compromised

Objectively speaking, it doesn't serve US interests to commit an army in the Middle East. It can contribute by sending in small but effective special ops teams, as well as send in CIA operatives to perform scout and info recruitment.

The United States has placed a greater strategic visage in Asia - Pacific. And as a Pacific Power, the United States has natural interests for this. In my opinion, the American Pivot is long overdue.

The US had spend 8 years and tens of billions of dollars on Iraq, now Obama just sit and watch ISIS take over Iraq and do nothing, that's pathetic.

is this a hostage situation or what? you do increase your defense budget if you can but you know recently japan's economy is running short of fuel. why don't you take account of usa defense spending? if china sticks to its defensive mentality, such humiliations are going be nonstop phenomena. chinese must understand national security and pride can't can't be given up, compromised

Trust me we have the lowest defense expenditure in the world. We spend less than 0.9% of our GDP on defense, yet it is at $60 billion. Japan's constitution allows the passing of an emergency clause wherein which the environment becomes hostile, the Diet may normalize the defense expenditure to 3% of the GDP, with a ceiling at 5%. In the event of such cases, as in War, Japan can raise our Military Defense to $300 Billion per annum. I think this is acceptable.

But currently, as it stands, our defense expenditure is small, miniscule at only 0.9% of our GDP. Yet there are neighbors who are threatened by Japanese 'remilitarization'. lol.

To quote George Takei, "Oh My!"

:lol:

The US had spend 8 years and tens of billions of dollars on Iraq, now Obama just sit and watch ISIS take over Iraq and do nothing, that's pathetic.

I think it was a bad idea in the first place to occupy Iraq, as the United States Army is a professional killing machine, not a nation building force. I am satisfied to hear that our American allies have removed themselves from the Middle East, as their objectives were relatively accomplished.

The Chinese pilots show again that their lives are less important than the national security of their country. The Americans who value their lives the most (and they should, -mostly since they are operating in a none of their business place-), get scared to death by these daring maneuvers whose aim is to distract the spy planes crew, de-concentrate it , turns it attention somewhere else, interrupt its electronics and blind him.
If they collide, it is an accident, but if China downs the US plane with missiles, it is an open act of war, unless the plane is in the territorial air or sea space of China.
When the US comes too close, this is how China responds (intercepts) to their unattended "visit".
Sending another AC to area is but a show of force to friends in the region, and it is very doubtful that they will impress China at all.

Trust me we have the lowest defense expenditure in the world. We spend less than 0.9% of our GDP on defense, yet it is at $60 billion. Japan's constitution allows the passing of an emergency clause wherein which the environment becomes hostile, the Diet may normalize the defense expenditure to 3% of the GDP, with a ceiling at 5%. In the event of such cases, as in War, Japan can raise our Military Defense to $300 Billion per annum. I think this is acceptable.

But currently, as it stands, our defense expenditure is small, miniscule at only 0.9% of our GDP. Yet there are neighbors who are threatened by Japanese 'remilitarization'. lol.

To quote George Takei, "Oh My!"

:lol:

nowhere did i say japan shouldn't you should but when you are allowed to do that by usa and nato. if you can get yourself free from their shackles, its good for you, it will be good for asia because i believe an independent japan would not be threatening to asia because your policies will be independently made.

but china is in a different league, china is a civilizational player, can you figure out what i mean?

Insanity. China can't prohibit that which is legal simply because they are emotional. When Russia sent two Tu-95 Bear H bombers within 50 miles of the California coast last year, did we send a kamikaze pilot to try and take them out? No, we followed intercept protocols and shadowed them until they left. China already had its amateur hour with the first Hainan Island incident in 2001. Another such incident could produce a highly volatile situation.

So much for "a new type of great power relationship."

Very well said. And this is just from the Ohio Class SSGNs, this is not taking into consideration the Ticonderoga Class Cruisers, and Arleigh Burke Destroyers that have Tomahawks on them. We're looking at around 2000 to 3000 Cruise Missiles in these 2 CBGs.

nowhere did i say japan shouldn't you should but when you are allowed to do that by usa and nato. if you can get yourself free from their shackles, its good for you, it will be good for asia because i believe an independent japan would not be threatening to asia because your policies will be independently made.

but china is in a different league, china is a civilizational player, can you figure out what i mean?

Japan's policies are independently made. And we are fully independent. with our own ability to enact policies. We happen to have a Mutual Defense Treaty with the United States, and given the responsibilities of being in an alliance , there are responsibilities of both parties. Ask any of our friends in Asia (South East, South, West) about our soft power contributions to their socities, our investments on infrastructure these 7 decades. Japan's civilization-wide contribution cannot be emphasized enough.

It's plenty of cruise missiles to wipe out your command and control nodes, radars, missile and sam batteries, and military bases. Basically, it will leave Chinas military flapping around like a fish on dry land, helpless to respond.

Even during Gulf war the US couldn't wipe out Iraqi missile force

japan would not be threatening to asia because your policies will be independently made.

lol, for a second there i actually thought you were neutral. It seems to me that you have an alignment to China. So, in other words, any of our policies that we have implemented are 'hostile' simply because we are allied with the Untied States and Nato. And as soon as we 'free' ourselves from these, then we will be considered 'non-hostile' ?

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom