What's new

U.S. senator: Reconsider Iraq Apache sale because of Iran arms deal report

Iraq is not like Israel that sells military secrets to China.
But if such reports are confirmed, this will hurt Iraq's their relations with the US

One of the big reasons not to buy from the USA its israel loving lackeys will always try to get their noses in....
Three States always managed to obtain the standards they set when it comes to arms procurements in the ME.

Three States always managed to obtain the standards they set when it comes to arms procurements in the ME

Yes but what levrage has that gotten them, The U.S.A continues to support israeli occupation, promising them endless love and at the same time selling expensive weapons to the arabs.

It would be ebtter if you took billions of dollars off the table and told the USA they can support israel but will have to give up everyone else

Yes but what levrage has that gotten them, The U.S.A continues to support israeli occupation, promising them endless love and at the same time selling expensive weapons to the arabs.

It would be ebtter if you took billions of dollars off the table and told the USA they can support israel but will have to give up everyone else

I dislike Israeli regime equally to Hamas.

The US doesn't approve everything Israel does just as much as they don't approve everything the Germans do.

" My " Billions aren't allocated within the US solely, and it is all for business. No matter how tough we pushed toward uniting the Palestinians, Hamas blows up everything. The Mecca, and Jeddah agreements along with the Taif's - although marginally - DID teach us many valuable lessons.

I was right :(

U.S. begins training Iraqis on Apache helicopters after green light from Congress | World Tribune

WASHINGTON — The United States has been preparing for a major military training program for Iraq.

Officials said the U.S. military would train its Iraqi counterpart in the operation of the AH-64 Apache attack helicopter. They said the program would begin in early March 2014 in Iraq.

“Things are moving rapidly for the first stage of the program,” an official said.

On Feb. 13, a senior military officer said the first stage of the U.S. program would train 16 Iraqis to fly the Apache. Maj. Gen. William Bender, deputy director of the Office of Security Cooperation in Iraq, told a briefing that the training project would include private contractors.

The administration of President Barack Obama has approved an Iraqi request for the export of 24 AH-64E Apaches In the first stage of the project, the Pentagon would lease six Apaches to the Iraqi military for training.

In the briefing, Bender said Apache prime contractor Boeing has not begun production of the Apaches for Iraq. He did not elaborate.

The Apaches, which were not blocked by Congress, marked the second
biggest U.S. arms project in Iraq. Bender said the Baghdad government signed
a 30-year contract with Lockheed Martin for the delivery of up to 36 F-16
Block 52 multi-role fighters.

If the US puts the delivery on hold or call it off, Pakistan should get these Apaches.

I'm sure they can manage, get their hands on them.
In that money Pakistan can establish assembly plant...or if Suadi pay the helos, no problem...but US won't cancel such lucrative deal. Plus Iraq urgently need gunship to control transit insurgency ....

In that money Pakistan can establish assembly plant...or if Suadi pay the helos, no problem...but US won't cancel such lucrative deal. Plus Iraq urgently need gunship to control transit insurgency ....

Who knows what might happen :) ...

You planning to build hundreds of Apaches?

Maybe so but some other stealth helo benefited the technology.
I never understood how a chopper can be stealth, there is a huge rotor on the top.

I saw the pictures of American stealth chopper but does it really have a difference to regular choppers?

I never understood how a chopper can be stealth, there is a huge rotor on the top.

I saw the pictures of American stealth chopper but does it really have a difference to regular choppers?

I think to understand how that works first someone has to understand how the types of radars work, something not easy

Last edited:
I think to understand how that works first someone has to understand how the types of radars work, something not easy
But the concept is the same like Fighters, the difference is that their ''rotors'' are inside the fuselage protected from Radar waves.

This is a picture from air intake of an F-117, you can clearly see the grid protecting the engine from radar waves.

detail_f117_08.jpg

This explans why MI 28 / Apache is needed ASAP
The 2-4 hellfire missile carrying King air 350 is not capable of doing the job, large ISIS convoys going to Syria lately

But the concept is the same like Fighters, the difference is that their ''rotors'' are inside the fuselage protected from Radar waves.

This is a picture from air intake of an F-117, you can clearly see the grid protecting the engine from radar waves.

But you can’t hide rotors, anyway that’s too advanced for me not a real expert on radars

But you can’t hide rotors, anyway that’s too advanced for me not a real expert on radars
Thats the point im trying to make, i dont think that a stealth chopper is significantly ''more stealth'' than a regular chopper.
Or im missing something here. :what:

@500 i thing you have knowledge about this?

I dislike Israeli regime equally to Hamas.

The US doesn't approve everything Israel does just as much as they don't approve everything the Germans do.

" My " Billions aren't allocated within the US solely, and it is all for business. No matter how tough we pushed toward uniting the Palestinians, Hamas blows up everything. The Mecca, and Jeddah agreements along with the Taif's - although marginally - DID teach us many valuable lessons.

Yzd, don't act like Saudi Arabia has an alternative solution to the conflict. They will just try persuading Hamas to accept the PA willingness to give Israel what if wants. The Palestinians as a people do not want such a deal that is not viable. You and I know there are many things wrong with the current negotiations and Saudi Arabia can't independently exercise a policy with Palestinians without US concern/approval.

Hamas didn't 'blow up' anything. The PA wants to control Gaza and demilitarize Gaza like they did with the West Bank and look where that has gotten them.

Back
Top Bottom