What's new

U.S. Navy's new $13B aircraft carrier can't fight

The Type 055 is not a concept, it is close to be launched.

In comparison, your ABIII is more of a concept than the Type 055.

The earliest Flight III units such as the DDG-123 and DDG-124 still use the AN/SPY-1.

Wrong, AB III will use AN/SPY-6, they have change the spec a few year back.

AB III is not a concept, it's a follow on after all 3 Zumwalt being built. Once they are build they will start building AB FIII

Again, let's say if the US subs and destroyers were built by a single shipyard, then I don't think they could even meet the requirement to replace the decommissioned ships.

Because they aren't, the US is upgrading the older ship and keep them in service, I don't know how long a ship will generally be in Chinese service, in US service, it goes up to 30-40 years.

These new ship is to strengthen the force, not to replace the old ship.

Because they aren't, the US is upgrading the older ship and keep them in service, I don't know how long a ship will generally be in Chinese service, in US service, it goes up to 30-40 years.

At least 30 years, just look at the Type 052, a twin that being built in 1994 and 1996 respectively. And it will still serve the PLAN for another decade.

Oh, gosh. Just two years behind schedule, can you guys say AC Ford can't fight? Currently, it can't. Yes in the long term.

Acctually, AC Ford is super advanced need super money so that can be understood for the delay.

I just LMAO for some people still stressed how advanced the US is. Do members here need such kind of sterotype preach?:D:D:D

@ChineseTiger1986

Bro, we currently can't fight US Navy globally is a clear fact.

It is nothing to do with AC Ford for what the potential China has though we have proved what capability China has, no need to say more.

Dare any coutries to take war with China now? Name one, lol.:D

Decades is just a glimpse in the history. After thousands years ,we still stand here no matter what happened in any other countries.

Just take it easy and you need a break, bro.

@UKBengali
Thank you for your confidences on China, bro. We keep modernising our military equipments and strategies and it is continuesly if you observed our military development route.

Seriously, in some core technology fields, China is super advanced, such as super computing, ASM, quantum comunication and computing. More and more research outcomes will be shown publicly soon. But we will be the biggest developing coutry for decades.

We have good impression on our Bengali friends and you keep proving why you people deserve it. Thank you and all the best.:-)

Ok, guys. Don't be off-topic. Let's talk about super AC Ford.

Last edited:
People like you need to be very careful about your choice of words as I will only reply to you out of politeness and nothing else since you have absolutely no value to me whatsoever.

Now please never engage me again as I will be forced to put an ignore in my settings for you.

I dont give a cent about people who judge people on Race or skin color. Such people doesn't deserve any attention and they have no place in the modern world. According to your logic your self is of no value to you as you have been impolitly ranting skin color nonsense in a thread about Aircraft carriers and ignoring all facts by all others. Try your childish trolling somewhere else

Stop trying to brown-nose whites that you feel inferior to.

AC can still play the role as the assistant in the modern systematic warfare, but they are not suitable to play as the main offensive role anymore. That role should be given to the futuristic space weapons.

AC's specially super carriers are used for power projection on a Global scale they are only useful for a few countries like US.

At least 30 years, just look at the Type 052, a twin that being built in 1994 and 1996 respectively. And it will still serve the PLAN for another decade.

They should just sell them off. Those are inferior to most modern destroyers used by both other superpowers and China itself

They should just sell them off. Those are inferior to most modern destroyers used by both other superpowers and China itself

They are still good for patrolling, and if there is any country wants them, we will sell them immediately.

In modern warfare Aircraft carriers are only a part of a big network. They do not engage enemies directly but their capability to project power is currently irreplacable. Aircraft carriers are needed when there are no Airbases available. Only a few countries could even think of touching a Carrier strike group

America class, San Antonio class and the Zummwalt class will play a big role in American Naval power

When they don't need major vessals but lack land bases US will have to use their mobile bases
GD-to-start-work-on-fifth-US-Navy-expeditionary-mobile-base-ship-1024x672.jpg

Last edited:
you can't ignore this fact, in military technology US ahead of you for at least 50 years, because their EXPERIENCE:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::blah::blah::blah:

Well, China is now building the Aegis warships and advanced nuclear submarines like sausages, while in their eyes China's navy is still way behind Japan because Japan has the aircraft carrier experience since the WWII.

@ChineseTiger1986

Bro, we currently can't fight US Navy globally is a clear fact.

It is nothing to do with AC Ford for what the potential China has though we have proved what capability China has, no need to say more.

Dare any coutries to take war with China now? Name one, lol.:D

Decades is just a glimpse in the history. After thousands years ,we still stand here no matter what happened in any other countries.

Just take it easy and you need a break, bro.

The PLAN cannot fight the USN globally, but it doesn't mean the HGV cannot.

The Flight III is weaker than the Type 055, and the deployment after 2020 is simply drop the ball.

The Flight III will be deployed after 2020, and its deployment won't be fast enough to replace those aging Flight I.

BTW, the first batch of the Flight III won't even have the AESA radars.

How exactly is the Flight III weaker? Based on what? And the first Flight III will have AESA radar. I guarantee that.

The Type 055 is not a concept, it is close to be launched.

In comparison, your ABIII is more of a concept than the Type 055.

The earliest Flight III units such as the DDG-123 and DDG-124 still use the AN/SPY-1.

LOL! The Flight III will use the new radar no matter what others said. And its not more of a concept. You might as well say the Arleigh Burke destroyers are concepts even though we have about 60 of them. The Flight III is the same ship but with radar upgrades.

Again, let's say if the US subs and destroyers were built by a single shipyard, then I don't think they could even meet the requirement to replace the decommissioned ships.

Its not just one shipyard. It depends on the size as well. Thats why they were able to build aircraft carriers, amphibious ships, submarines which are in those white buildings, destroyers, etc. all at the same time.
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAi2AAAAJGY2MjRmZGEyLTdjMWYtNDg4NS1iNTRjLTViNjMyY2QwMDgwNw.png

The ACs are still use useful to solve some minor skirmishes, but pitting them as the main offensive tools against the major powers is simply an outdated strategy.

Really? Says the country building their own new carrier just to do skirmishes. Don't you think its possible your Chinese admirals know the power of carriers even against major powers? Because I can definitely see why China wanted to build carriers even in the face of anti ship missiles that people claim makes it obsolete.

How exactly is the Flight III weaker? Based on what? And the first Flight III will have AESA radar. I guarantee that.

The Type 055 has an integrated mast, it has dual band AESA on the superstructure and a L band on the back.

Flight III looks disappointing without an integrated mast.

Well, China is now building the Aegis warships and advanced nuclear submarines like sausages, while in their eyes China's navy is still way behind Japan because Japan has the aircraft carrier experience since the WWII.
NO, i am not to underestimate china's weapon development capability, but standard of building, sophistication and embedded systems, us miles ahead in all over the world

LOL! The Flight III will use the new radar no matter what others said. And its not more of a concept. You might as well say the Arleigh Burke destroyers are concepts even though we have about 60 of them. The Flight III is the same ship but with radar upgrades.

Dunno, Zumwalt still hasn't been installed with the AESA, given the fact that this ship has been built for 8 years.

We shall give the USN more time with the Flight III, since you guys still self-proclaims to be the most efficient navy builder, isn't it?

The Type 055 has an integrated mast, it has dual band AESA on the superstructure and a L band on the back.

Flight III looks disappointing without an integrated mast.

LOL! The Flight III's radar is way definitely more powerful than most people would think. And just because it doesn't have an integrated mast doesn't mean its weaker.

NO, i am not to underestimate china's weapon development capability, but standard of building, sophistication and embedded systems, us miles ahead in all over the world

Well, just look at Mr. Zumwalt.

LOL! The Flight III's radar is way definitely more powerful than most people would think. And just because it doesn't have an integrated mast doesn't mean its weaker.

More powerful than imagined?

The Type 055 is 12,000 tons standard and 14,000 tons full, it has more room to install a more powerful radar than the 9,800 tons Flight III. And the Type 055B is going to be 15,000+ tons full.

Don't forget that the 7,500 tons Type 052D has more powerful radar than the 9,200 tons Flight IIA.

Its not just one shipyard. It depends on the size as well. Thats why they were able to build aircraft carriers, amphibious ships, submarines which are in those white buildings, destroyers, etc. all at the same time.
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAi2AAAAJGY2MjRmZGEyLTdjMWYtNDg4NS1iNTRjLTViNjMyY2QwMDgwNw.png

Don't worry, all Chinese shipyards are absolutely giant when it comes to the mass production.

While Newport shipyard isn't a particular giant in comparison.

Really? Says the country building their own new carrier just to do skirmishes. Don't you think its possible your Chinese admirals know the power of carriers even against major powers? Because I can definitely see why China wanted to build carriers even in the face of anti ship missiles that people claim makes it obsolete.

China is building strong navy + space superiority.

Only having the air superiority isn't enough.

Back
Top Bottom