What's new

U.S. Navy crew grounded after pilot draws penis in the sky

vlcsnap-82185791.png

Reminds me this scene from the movie Harold Kumar go to White Castle.

He is probably pissed off at his CO, and now has dug a deeper hole for himself. He'll be lucky, if he can fly rubber ducks out of Hong Kong

Hard to believe that someone who's reached the level of flying an EA-18G Growler for the US Navy would risk ruining not only his military career, but might have basically took himself out of any substantial future aviation career, since something like this could actually lead to a dishonorable discharge, if I'm not mistaken. The navy would look at this as a very bad reflection of the entire, hallowed institution and not just a squadron or two. Plus they haven't mentioned if there was a back-seater during this stunt, either, and if he/she was or wasn't a willing participant. I don't believe that this specific aircraft ever flies with just one pilot, even if they're delivering it form one area to the other. I think it's always occupied with both pilots.

Problem is if they let it go, it opens the door for all sorts of antics by many talented artists flying the tens of thousands of jets all over the US. I'm pretty sure they'll come down quite hard on this guy(s)/gal.

If he drew a heart or a star or anything else that's not offensive, it most likely would've been ok but even then, he probably would've still gotten a pep-talk.

This should be included in Top Gun 2. I can see Maverick pulling a stunt like this. :-)

They are just having fun man.

Talking about this with some friends at work yesterday and getting a good laugh about it, then I remembered this event that happened here in 2008. @Hamartia Antidote might remember it since he's local also but this was opening day for Major League Baseball and the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park stadium here in Boston and every opening day is usually commemorated by some type of flyover, most of the time. That year they had a 4 F-16s from the Vermont National Guard performing the flyover and one of the pilots (probably the CO) decided not only to do a barrel roll, but does 3 or 4 of them around the other 3 jets over the very busy Kenmore Square and the stadium which was at full capacity 37,000+ people lol!

2nd video has a closer view and the guy talks about the pilot getting grounded for the "unplanned" stunt.

:lol::yahoo:

Dat guy has balls...

He should receive invites for performing stunts in various air shows.

Talking about this with some friends at work yesterday and getting a good laugh about it, then I remembered this event that happened here in 2008. @Hamartia Antidote might remember it since he's local also but this was opening day for Major League Baseball and the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park stadium here in Boston and every opening day is usually commemorated by some type of flyover, most of the time. That year they had a 4 F-16s from the Vermont National Guard performing the flyover and one of the pilots (probably the CO) decided not only to do a barrel roll, but does 3 or 4 of them around the other 3 jets over the very busy Kenmore Square and the stadium which was at full capacity 37,000+ people lol!

2nd video has a closer view and the guy talks about the pilot getting grounded for the "unplanned" stunt.

I heard a blurb about it but never saw the video.

Back
Top Bottom