What's new

U.S. Navy-China showdown: Chinese try to halt U.S. cruiser in international waters

@ gambit

I found the Chinese argument of "US is at fault because they sail into international water near some one else's coast" interesting

As if I travel thru i93 when I was from New York, the right of way is always given to peoe of boston And Vermont regardless of actual traffic situation... Simply because I am a out of towner, I don't belong here and I have to give way in every situation lol

Don't you found that funny as well?

Last edited:
@ gambit

I found the Chinese argument of "US is at fault because they sail into international water near some one else's coast" interesting

As if I travel thru i93 when I was from New York, the right of way is always given to peoe of boston A d Vermont regardless of actual traffic situation... Simply because I am a out of to weber, I don't belong here and I have togove way in every situation lol

Yeah...And they argue that China does not seek to control international air/seaspace.

There was no 'forced landing' for the American EP-3. The collision that killed the Chinese J-8's pilot severely damaged the EP-3 and it was the damages that compelled the EP-3's commander to land on a Chinese air base.

Yer talking to/about a bunch of conscript rejects here. Worse, they know what they are and to compensate, they have only contempt for those with experience, which ends up making them look even more foolish.

Dumbfuck the spy plane force to land on China territory because the spy plane have no choice to land on other nation beside China. They didn't land on China soil, they will crash into the ocean, force themselves to land on China or because the spy plane was severely damage and couldn't continue to flight to other country.

Dumbfuck the spy plane force to land on China territory because the spy plane have no choice to land on other nation beside China. They didn't land on China soil, they will crash into the ocean, force themselves to land on China or because the spy plane was severely damage and couldn't continue to flight to other country.

His point is, why would the EP-3 got damaged in the first place?

Not why it crash landed

Yeah...And they argue that China does not seek to control international air/seaspace.

Lol this is something I found very strange, maybe they are operating another kind of airspace called related airspace and failed to notify he world?

lol

@ gambit

As if I travel thru i93 when I was from New York, the right of way is always given to peoe of boston And Vermont regardless of actual traffic situation... Simply because I am a out of towner, I don't belong here and I have to give way in every situation lol

I don't have any problem with US navy ships sailing around China's coast, but as you admit yourself if you are being an a$$hole about it, then don't expect to get a kind response in return.

Watch out, dude.
102927757.jpg

ga__15ga702-vert-jpg.11870

Should I assume your brain is literally absent from your big giant head?
Are you asking for my permission???? :rofl:

Dude, it doesn't matter is it a destroyer, aircraft carrier, merchant ship or fishing boat, the freedom of navigation in international water is for ALL vessel, you can stop any ship in your EEZ if you suspect economic activities being conduct in your EEZ illegally, but dude, a cruiser? What kind of suspected economic activities on them? Buying illegal copy DVDs from China

This clearly proves I don't have to assume you have an inactive side of the brain. I suggest you stick to the active side and post sensible comments.

Are you asking for my permission???? :rofl:

This clearly proves I don't have to assume you have an inactive side of the brain. I suggest you stick to the active side and post sensible comments.

In there any true point on my post other than these mindless insult?

In there any true point on my post other than these mindless insult?
We both have different views, no wait, Your views are all fu**ed up. Please reboot your head in order for the inactive side to function.

We both have different views, no wait, Your views are all fu**ed up. Please reboot your head in order for the inactive side to function.

Oh well, another insult, dude, you should get something more original

Even as you say, I can function again after a reboot, but you would have been written off forever as you don't even realise you have a problem

Well if all you will say from here on is insult, then I got nothing else to say to you but bid to a farewell

Ta-ta

USN used to do exercises with South Vietnam Navy at the point ( near Paracels )

When is the last time any Chinese soldier or warship launch a fire to US troops or ships ?

1370_dt_detail.jpg

US Maddox never violated the China sea when it approaches to Vietnam seaside before Gulf of Tonkin incident in 1964.
Maddox sailed closer than nowaday Cowpens destroyer did

The difference is at the time of Maddox, South Vietnam Navy still controlled Paracels ( Hoang Sa ) islands

vietnam.gif

608px-MaddoxTonkin1.svg.png

http://media.economist.com/images/20090314/CAS917.gif

CAS917.gif

Last edited:
Aircrafts hit when Chinese aircraft tried a "intercept mission" to US Air

EP-3_Hainan_Island_2001.jpg

Chinese aircraft down, 2 MIA
KampfflugzeugF-8China-2009-01-04.jpg

Hainanincidentmap.png

( Chinese aircraft down, 1 MIA )

Vietnam Wins Thanks for Safe Return of Navy Fliers
July 19, 1988|United Press International
SUBIC BAY NAVAL BASE, Philippines — Three U.S. Navy fliers rescued by Vietnam after they were forced to ditch their plane in the South China Sea last week returned today to their Philippines base to a warm welcome.

The three, including the co-pilot who is three months pregnant, were turned over today to U.S. officials and flown from Ho Chi Minh City to Bangkok, Thailand, and on to Subic Bay. The pilot expressed their thanks to the Vietnamese navy and government for their rescue and the hospitality extended.

pixel.gif

About 120 relatives and friends carrying "welcome home" signs and balloons greeted the aviators as they arrived.

The fliers were rescued on July 12 after their CT-39E transport plane, on a routine flight from Singapore to Subic Bay, went down near the Spratly Islands, which are claimed by Vietnam, China and other nations.

"They're fine. It was an arduous ordeal, so they're tired, but they're very happy to be back home and to be with their relatives," Navy spokesman Lt. Cmdr. J. D. Van Sickle said.

Co-pilot Lt. (j.g.) Elizabeth A. Steinnecker, 29, of Tampa, Fla., said "I feel fabulous" as she hugged her husband, Chris, who also is a Navy pilot.

Before leaving Bangkok, she told reporters, "The baby is doing wonderfully, thank you," adding, "He is going to be one strong kid."

Thanks Vietnamese

Lt. Richard K. Mauer, the downed plane's pilot, said, "We would like to thank the Vietnamese navy for pulling us from the sea, the Vietnamese government for extending the courtesies and hospitality to us."

"They treated us very well. They were very concerned for our safety," said the 30-year-old pilot from Harveys Lake, Pa. "We were very concerned that everybody back home knew we were alive. It's good to be back here."

Steinnecker said their unexpected stay in Vietnam was "interesting" and they were treated more as tourists than prisoners.

The third flier was Petty Officer 1st Class Michael R. Neel, 34, of Albuquerque, N.M.

The Navy said the fliers reported their navigational instruments failed and the plane ran out of fuel after missing a stop in Malaysia.

Vietnamese naval forces rescued them shortly after they crashed, Radio Hanoi said.

Relations Improving

The quick return of the fliers was one more sign of improving relations between the United States and its former enemy.

The three fliers, dressed in flight suits, smiled and chatted as they walked into an informal debriefing with U.S. Ambassador William A. Brown after landing in Bangkok.

ky-cuoi-giot-nuoc-ngot%28600%29.jpg

pixel.gif

"We are very grateful for the fact that they are alive and well and they got back and that it was done in an expeditious manner," Brown said later.

"They were well treated," he said. "There is no question of that in their own minds--bearing in mind the limitations that they landed in very unusual circumstances."

Brown said the landing was professional.

Back
Top Bottom