What's new

'U.S keen to build fighter jets in India'

This is a contradictory stand, let's wait for negotiations to start and finish. Then we can pop open the bubbly.

No, it's not. I've been talking about the MII for Rafale since the mid-end of last year.

We've been discussing this over many months now.

iiFNaVK.png

No, it's not. I've been talking about the MII for Rafale since the mid-end of last year.

We've been discussing this over many months now.

iiFNaVK.png

Contradiction is not in you changing stance but in statement that there will be an order of 90 Rafales MII before the contract for that deal is even negotiated. This would be a hugely complex negotiation so wait for it.

Contradiction is not in you changing stance but in statement that there will be an order of 90 Rafales MII before the contract for that deal is even negotiated. This would be a hugely complex negotiation so wait for it.

I don't disagree with the waiting bit. The govt wants to get the MII part of the Rafale deal completed by the end of this fiscal.

In fact, the delays in Rafale MMRCA deal and FGFA deal have been due to lack of consensus. Example, the FGFA negotiations were complete in 2013 itself, but they are still stuck with wasting time over it due to disagreements. MMRCA negotiations were also complete in 2013, it was all the disagreements that brought large delays. They worked to completely remove these disagreements for MII in the 36 GTG deal, that's why even this deal was delayed by a few months or it would have been completed a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom