What's new

U.S. Intel Says Russia Is Preparing 175,000 Troops For Ukraine Offensive - Forbes

Titanium100

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
BREAKING|Dec 3, 2021,09:12pm EST
U.S. Intel Says Russia Is Preparing 175,000 Troops For Ukraine Offensive

Joe Walsh
Forbes Staff
Business
I cover breaking news for Forbes.

American intelligence officials think Russia is laying the groundwork for a large-scale military offensive in Ukraine as soon as early 2022, involving 175,000 troops.

The United States believes Russia’s plans for the offensive could involve around 175,000 personnel, as well as armor and artillery, an administration official confirmed to Forbes (the news was first reported by the Washington Post on Friday).
The official said around half that number of troops are already positioned near the Ukraine-Russia border, following a buildup in recent weeks that has caused some Ukrainian officials to warn a Russian invasion of the former Soviet republic could be imminent.

As part of its preparation, Russia appears to be assembling a large reserve corps, according to the administration official (Bloomberg reported last month that Russia was calling up a massive number of reservists).

Earlier Friday, CNN reported Russia has stationed enough medical units, fuel and other supplies near Ukraine to sustain frontline forces for a week or more.
Forbes has reached out to the Russian Embassy in Washington, D.C., for comment.

Last edited:
Dumb warmongering. I doubt Russia wants to take over Ukraine and I doubt Ukraine would like to enter into a war with Russia unless NATO will foot the bill.

if foreign nations build up soldiers along the border Russia will obviously do the same. Crossing the border takes a HUGE other step

Russia can invade and defeat Ukraine but it will only be able to annex the Russian majority parts, the rest of Ukrainian population is pro west and will resist Russian troops. I dont see the point of invasion.

USAF battle management aircraft E8 Joint STARS was flying over Poland yesterday

the information is correct although not sure of the exact numbers

UK will now send its army to Poland

What really? I haven't seen these reports on UK sending its army to Poland

Well shit...

Russia can invade and defeat Ukraine but it will only be able to annex the Russian majority parts, the rest of Ukrainian population is pro west and will resist Russian troops. I dont see the point of invasion.
Further division and annexation of Ukraine is a strong possibility. Russia's objective would be to ensure that Ukraine is unable to undermine Russia's security in any way. However if Russia blunders then it could be a worse disaster than Chechnya and Afghanistan. If Russia loses then the federation could end up being broken with troublesome states spinning off into full independence.

Of all these in Europe the british are eager whereas you can feel or sense France has no stomach.. I would say Poland, UK, Canada, US and Ukraine are the most eager in defending Europe they are the frontline

Of all these in Europe the british are eager whereas you can feel or sense France has no stomach.. I would say Poland, UK, Canada, US and Ukraine are the most eager in defending Europe they are the frontline

Belarus is now saying Ukraine violated it is airspace? strange timing

If Russia invades in Winters, I don't think its a good idea for America or any other country to interfere, I hope that countries learn something from the history is that don't fight with Russians in Winters.

If Russia invades in Winters, I don't think its a good idea for America or any other country to interfere, I hope that countries learn something from the history is that don't fight with Russians in Winters.

British army is training inside the Arctic as we speak

Dumb warmongering. I doubt Russia wants to take over Ukraine and I doubt Ukraine would like to enter into a war with Russia unless NATO will foot the bill.

if foreign nations build up soldiers along the border Russia will obviously do the same. Crossing the border takes a HUGE other step

The same was said about Crimea.
British army is training inside the Arctic as we speak

British army couldn't win in Afghanistan with the help of other NATO partners. Russia is a different ballgame.

Further division and annexation of Ukraine is a strong possibility. Russia's objective would be to ensure that Ukraine is unable to undermine Russia's security in any way. However if Russia blunders then it could be a worse disaster than Chechnya and Afghanistan. If Russia loses then the federation could end up being broken with troublesome states spinning off into full independence.

It is no coincidence when the Americans announced withdrawal from Afghanistan and claimed that China/Russia threat exceeded so-called Islamic terror.

The Americans are simply executing their announced plan of poking China and Russia. The Americans know very well that taking on China/Russia is a different ballgame.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom