What's new

U.S. gives Mumbai police equipment to fight terror

Aarush

Reaction score
Country
India
TH04_NANCY_POWELL_1825732e.jpg

The Mumbai Police on Thursday received counter-terror equipment from the United States. The explosive incident countermeasures equipment, worth $300,000, which include explosive ordnance disposal suits, specially designed helmets, disruptors and scanners, were handed over to the Mumbai Police, a statement from the U.S. Embassy here said.

Addressing a special function organised to hand over the equipment, the outgoing U.S. Ambassador, Nancy J. Powell, said the relationship between the U.S. and India, the oldest and largest democracies in the world, was very strategic.

“Our two nations are committed to fighting terrorism and working to make life safe for all. I am delighted to give explosive incident countermeasures equipment worth $300,000 to the Mumbai Police to aid in the fight against terrorism,” she said.

Since the first anti-terrorist assistance programme in 1995, the U.S. State Department has partnered with the Government of India in delivering 113 courses to the Indian Police. More than 2,000 officers have received training. “Since my arrival to New Delhi, the U.S. has contributed approximately $10 million in training and equipment through the anti-terrorist assistance programme,” Ms Powell said.

The Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD-9) bomb suit and helmet have been designed with direct input from bomb disposal technicians to provide the highest degree of modular protection and operational flexibility, the statement said. The helmet offers protection against fragments with velocities of over 683 metre per second, is made of high-strength fibre and weighs only 3.6 kg with visor. The ergonomic design allows easy movement and good visibility without strain.

U.S. gives Mumbai police equipment to fight terror - The Hindu

View attachment 23236
The Mumbai Police on Thursday received counter-terror equipment from the United States. The explosive incident countermeasures equipment, worth $300,000, which include explosive ordnance disposal suits, specially designed helmets, disruptors and scanners, were handed over to the Mumbai Police, a statement from the U.S. Embassy here said.

Addressing a special function organised to hand over the equipment, the outgoing U.S. Ambassador, Nancy J. Powell, said the relationship between the U.S. and India, the oldest and largest democracies in the world, was very strategic.

“Our two nations are committed to fighting terrorism and working to make life safe for all. I am delighted to give explosive incident countermeasures equipment worth $300,000 to the Mumbai Police to aid in the fight against terrorism,” she said.

Since the first anti-terrorist assistance programme in 1995, the U.S. State Department has partnered with the Government of India in delivering 113 courses to the Indian Police. More than 2,000 officers have received training. “Since my arrival to New Delhi, the U.S. has contributed approximately $10 million in training and equipment through the anti-terrorist assistance programme,” Ms Powell said.

The Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD-9) bomb suit and helmet have been designed with direct input from bomb disposal technicians to provide the highest degree of modular protection and operational flexibility, the statement said. The helmet offers protection against fragments with velocities of over 683 metre per second, is made of high-strength fibre and weighs only 3.6 kg with visor. The ergonomic design allows easy movement and good visibility without strain.

U.S. gives Mumbai police equipment to fight terror - The Hindu
What the hell is that and main thing you need to do is give your police men assault Guns MP-5 or Ak-47 or some other gun and Glock or similar pistols and add some sort of Anti Terrorist training for every police man 2 to 4 week training and give them extra bullets every month so they can remain in practice of using guns they can fight with 3 knot 3 shit any more @jarves @SpArK @janon @nair

What the hell is that and main thing you need to do is give your police men assault Guns MP-5 or Ak-47 or some other gun and Glock or similar pistols and add some sort of Anti Terrorist training for every police man 2 to 4 week training and give them extra bullets every month so they can remain in practice of using guns they can fight with 3 knot 3 shit any more @jarves @SpArK @janon @nair

They are getting Colt M4 5.56-millimetre carbine for assault roles, the Brügger & Thomet sub-compact MP9 for close-protection duties, the Smith & Wesson Military and Police 9-millimetre pistol as a personal side-arm and the M107 50-calibre Special Application Rifle.

its not about the guns and bullets.. this is the sophisticated gadgets which may come handy to counter a terror attack.

They are getting Colt M4 5.56-millimetre carbine for assault roles, the Brügger & Thomet sub-compact MP9 for close-protection duties, the Smith & Wesson Military and Police 9-millimetre pistol as a personal side-arm and the M107 50-calibre Special Application Rifle.
Well than now it would be fun to fight them will meet them soon by the way are these for all policeman or few

Almost every state in India now has SWAT teams as the first line of defense in case of a 26/11 style attack.

These guys are from Mumbai Police:

2cmu9on.jpg

B1C7DC2AD211293E9332EC091272.jpg

5969647470_81339d0875_b.jpg

Almost every state in India now has SWAT teams as the first line of defense in case of a 26/11 style attack.

These guys are from Mumbai Police:

2cmu9on.jpg

B1C7DC2AD211293E9332EC091272.jpg

5969647470_81339d0875_b.jpg
I am not talking about SWAT I am talking about normal police they should be given assault guns and at least glock type pistols

I am not talking about SWAT I am talking about normal police they should be given assault guns and at least glock type pistols
Mumbai isn't Karachi or Islamabad, there is little need for every single officer to armed and trained like a SWAT team member. Have such a SRU on call and ready to respond but having every single officer an assault rifle is entirely unnecessary in the Indian context. Perhaps they should all have a 9mm side arm- perhaps but other than that? Nah.

It will take time.... Threat perceptions are changing..... From the days of Lathi, and 303, now Police is getting assault rifles, automatic weapons.... It wont happen over night.... There is progress, but is it adequate??? "NO".....

From what i know, The Police force capabilities can be divided in two .... Before 26/11 and After 26/11.... Mumbai attack gave a rude shock to entire police force of India.....There was panic and there were swift actions.... but over a period of time the progress has slow down.... May be another shock will awaken them again......

Mumbai isn't Karachi or Islamabad, there is little need for every single officer to armed and trained like a SWAT team member. Have such a SRU on call and ready to respond but having every single officer an assault rifle is entirely unnecessary in the Indian context. Perhaps they should all have a 9mm side arm- perhaps but other than that? Nah.
So you want another Mumbai to learn a lesson your choice man and at least change that 3 knot 3 junk and replace that 9mm side arm

They do! Every Police station has automatic firearms.... but Indian cops do not carry them on normal duty on the roads, unless on special occasions. Mumbai Police equipment includes Kalashnikovs, INSAS, M4, FAL, and the older Enfield rifles, several models of pistols including Glocks and SMGs like the Sterling`s, the MP 5 and MP 9s.

1304361_12543419382500.jpg

118ojud.jpg

Weapons.jpg

Back
Top Bottom