What's new

U.S F35 beaten by F16 in dogfight

But it's not designed for dogfights

Let US know when the 3rd rated countries of their citizens who criticizes the F-35 can produce something even halfway capable.

Gambit Half way is far its Hardly quarter way a few could reach because of their priorities but what indeed coming is coming direct from US test pilots what about that ?? We all know here that you have been a pilot in USAF so I believe you can shed some light in this regards.
Looking forward for your kind reply.

Not surprsing.

There are few fighters which can beat F 16 in Dogfight and looking at F 35s Aerodynamic Performnce, the OP is not surprising.

F 35 has Aerodynamic Performance of a brick.

Let US know when the 3rd rated countries of their citizens who criticizes the F-35 can produce something even halfway capable.

Very progressive thinking SIR!

There was a time Russians though the same about them, before the the Nazi Germany, go further back and you see the Roman empire, the ottomans, the Persian empire... the countries, you out of your arrogance are calling third rated may well end up being super power some time. how much time it have taken China to turn it self from country of peasants and drug addicted into a power that challenge US. I am not of the view that if a war breaks out China will defeat US but i do not think it is true the other way around either. Also you cannot deny that they are challenging US now, and that is not only limited to military adventures.

Such stupid post coming from a person as knowledgeable as you was quite astonishing, and, disappointing!! AT LEAST look who is reporting this news. It was coming from a US pilot. And NO, i do not underestimate F-35 or any other US military technology, i am not saying that. My reply is JUST to your words.

There was a time Russians though the same about them, before the the Nazi Germany, go further back and you see the Roman empire, the ottomans, the Persian empire... the countries, you out of your arrogance are calling third rated may well end up being super power some time. how much time it have taken China to turn it self from country of peasants and drug addicted into a power that challenge US. I am not of the view that if a war breaks out China will defeat US but i do not think it is true the other way around either. Also you cannot deny that they are challenging US now, and that is not only limited to military adventures.

Such stupid post coming from a person as knowledgeable as you was quite astonishing, and, disappointing!! AT LEAST look who is reporting this news. It was coming from a US pilot. And NO, i do not underestimate F-35 or any other US military technology, i am not saying that. My reply is JUST to your words.
When people do not look at things critically, they deserves to be mocked.

@gambit , a professional once commented, ''providing you see your opponent in time, nothing can beat you in an F-16''..... PAF pilots repeatedly fleecing the Typhoons and Eagles, while flying in a Falcon has also been documented.
What's your take on OP.... can we see the LM production line getting busy again.

Actually, the report itself is distorted.

First of all, with all the aspect of F-35 is still classified, would you actually think any pilot would come out and say this and that about F-35? Problem with these kind of article, since they do not publish who said what, then it is impossible to challenge the authenticity of the article, I can say I am a test pilot for F-35 and their performance is over the moon, without releasing my name, there are no way you will know whether or not I am in any position or authority to say anything.

Compare the fact that US is the sole power that had been and continue to be the only country that operate Stealth in the past 20 years, and this will not change until at least 2020, both F-16 and F-35 are designed by the same company, do you really expect that company is so dumb that they know nothing about jet design and decided to go back 40 years in progress? And then the government are dumb enough to buy what they say?

Maybe @gambit is a bit ironic and mockery, but with all these, ask yourselves this question, exactly how many country have achieve what US did in the last 20 years alone in Aviation technology? And wouldn't it be wise too clean their own house first, before going after someone else??

About China, China is still not in any position to Challenge US, not in the mainland anyway, they can challenge within their territorial limits, but they do not have any resource on the US side of the pacific to challenge them, still, I don't think US have underestimated China, nor do they want to. But that hardly the point.

Nah its okay. After all, a third rate dead country like USA can only produce a third rate dodo as the F-35. Right? :D

When people do not look at things critically, they deserves to be mocked.
NATIONS cannot be held responsible for what some PEOPLE think!
You of all people know that. Also, the report is from YOUR FELLOW USAF test pilot so why blame anyone else? Had it been anyone else, sir, i wont have even bothered to reply but coming from you it was surprising. You know better than that...

Actually, the report itself is distorted.
Let me add to this, the report, quoting A USAF test pilot is a bit distorter, if so, wouldn't it served us a lot better if we have just addressed that?

Maybe @gambit is a bit ironic and mockery, but with all these, ask yourselves this question, exactly how many country have achieve what US did in the last 20 years alone in Aviation technology? And wouldn't it be wise too clean their own house first, before going after someone else??

About China, China is still not in any position to Challenge US, not in the mainland anyway, they can challenge within their territorial limits, but they do not have any resource on the US side of the pacific to challenge them, still, I don't think US have underestimated China, nor do they want to. But that hardly the point.
As i stated, i am not of view that US technology is not superior what the world today have to work with. Also not that China can win a war against US but I also don’t think US will be able to win one against China.

As for the challenge China can and is giving to US, it is not ONLY military adventures. You need to check the market base China have to offer, you need to see their product penetration, economy, reserves, increasing geo political influence. If we are to mentioned military only than the SCS incidents are getting more and more frequent now. Again, not declaring any winner but cannot deny that they are not getting up to the challenge.

AND, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, F-16 IS ALSO A US PLANE, IN FACT FROM THE SAME MANUFACTURER SO WHAT IS ALL THIS CRYING ABOUT!!

Last edited:
well they built f-16 to became unstable as easily as drinking a glass of water ,even easier it
would not be strange that any airplane get outmaneuvered by f-16 in dogfight even I guess if
you remove the stealth factor it will ace f-22 in dogfight .

but when you choose an airplane you look at a package and in the rest of the package there is
no doubt that f-35 is better.

its not like that there is no airplane which defeat f-35 in war but that airplane is not f-16.

Let me add to this, the report, quoting A USAF test pilot is a bit distorter, if so, wouldn't it served us a lot better if we have just addressed that?

How do you know that is a quote from a US Test pilot? Or if he is an Pilot of any kind? Because the article said so?

As i stated, i am not of view that US technology is not superior what the world today have to work with. Also not that China can win a war against US but I also don’t think US will be able to win one against China.

While I agree to some degree (On a condition that China will win a War with US only in home soil) that neither US nor China can win one on their side, but the problem is, today warfare don't need to win battle to win a war, Vietnam War told us just that.

Think about it, if a War indeed happened in SCS or even inside Chinese Border, US may not win the war, but the loser would be definitely China. At this point, the Military Threat from China is minimal, even Russia present a bigger challenge to US than China, as Chinese Influence only limited to some selective country (Namely Pakistan and Some Time North Korea, depending on how fat Kim feel that morning), basically that's contained in the Asian Region Russia have influence a lot more broadly, range from Asia, South America to Europe,

As for the challenge China can and is giving to US, it is not ONLY military adventures. You need to check the market base China have to offer, you need to see their product penetration, economy, reserves, increasing geo political influence. If we are to mentioned military only than the SCS incidents are getting more and more frequent now. Again, not declaring any winner but cannot deny that they are not getting up to the challenge.

Trade are independent to Geo politic. Country trade, that's the business side of the story, People trade to make money, they don't trade to make power, it's naïve to expect one country can use trade as a weapon to force their view on geopolitics. You know in reality what those country is going to do? They will take your money and say thank you and walk away.

US had that in the 50s when Cuba say thank you and walk away
US had that in the 70s when Iran say thank you and walk away
US had that in the 80s when Afghanistan and Iraq say thank you and walk away.
US had that in the 90s and 2000 when Venezuela and Bolivia say thank you and walked away

Why do you think it won't happen to China?

You can change your trading partner, as long as there are money to be made, there will be trade, it does not matter which country, as long as there are better money to be made, that's where the Businessman gonna go, it have nothing to do with geopolitics

AND, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, F-16 IS ALSO A US PLANE, IN FACT FROM THE SAME MANUFACTURER SO WHAT IS ALL THIS CRYING ABOUT!!

I don't think I am crying, even my brother wasn't when he work for Boeing and lost to the F-35 Program from LM, the person in the OP article is crying, not us.

Back
Top Bottom