What's new

U.S. Effort to Help India Build Up Navy Hits Snag

it hasn't even got a missile system of its own, so the only things to protect it is to have a number of navy ships patrolling with it.

right now its an easy target for any submarine to take it out without the missile defence system

:woot:

A missile defense system to target submarines? :rofl:

Submarines threats are countered with ASWs surface vessels or ASW aircrafts my friend

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_P-8_Poseidon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-submarine_warfare

right now its an easy target for any submarine to take it out without the missile defence system

Nimitz went to sea the same way. No torpedo countermeasures, Sea Sparrow and later ESSM for air-defense and reliant on its task group and air wing for protection against all classes of targets.

The Nimitz class carriers have been modified with hard-kill torpedo countermeasures and the Indian ship could be too. Like with Nimitz, the Surface Ship Torpedo Defense system can be modified into existing designs or added to new ones.

screen_shot_2016-10-12_at_12.34.30_pm.png

dd5_0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe what you want, everyone here knows who has been operating Aircraft carriers since the 60s.

Don't be stupid @Beast

Indian basically operate a helo carrier of INS Vikrant. No arrestor hook and not even a CATOBAR. Its different ball game. The operating procedure for a CATOBAR and angle deck is very challenging which old INS Vikrant operating experience cannot offer for ins vikramaditya and new carriers. If experience counts. JMSDF has the most experience with their IJN Akagi and Kaga during WWII :lol:

Looks like the Americans don't know what they are talking about

Frankly I don't know anything about India's military doctrine re: carriers, its not a point of interest for me, i'm going off what the article says.

I'm surprised that according to it India has no strategy for how to use its carriers in combat, that's the basic job of a military.

Are you saying the article is wrong? Then say it outright!

Indian basically operate a helo carrier of INS Vikrant. No arrestor hook and not even a CATOBAR. Its different ball game. The operating procedure for a CATOBAR and angle deck is very challenging which old INS Vikrant operating experience cannot offer for ins vikramaditya and new carriers. If experience counts. JMSDF has the most experience with their IJN Akagi and Kaga during WWII :lol:

Do you see Choppers taking off from the Aircraft carrier in the above video? :woot::woot::woot:

We have operated Catobar from 1961 to 1989.

The INS Vikrant R-11 saw combat in 1971 while carrying catobar capable aircraft.

Frankly I don't know anything about India's military doctrine re: carriers, its not a point of interest for me, i'm going off what the article says.

I'm surprised that according to it India has no strategy for how to use its carriers in combat, that's the basic job of a military.

Are you saying the article is wrong? Then say it outright!

Very well, the article is wrong

We have operated Catobar from 1961 to 1989.

The INS Vikrant R-11 saw combat in 1971 while carrying catobar capable aircraft.

Looks like he is getting his facts from Govt sites

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom