What's new

U.S. drone shot down in Pakistan

chogy,to feel good you guys always say this

you said the drone malfunctioned in iran too, but iran showed how wrong you were

so i guess you guys can live in a dream world

Drones -and airplanes - crash, and are shot down. it is the nature of the business. Losses are expected. If the Taliban shot this down by small arms fire, the only thing that would surprise me would be the ineptitude of the drone operator for not maintaining sufficient altitude.

It doesn't "bum me out" or make me feel better to claim it was probably a malfunction, because my guess is based upon the facts as we have them so far. I've mentioned before, the PAF could easily shoot one of these down with an AIM-9. There's nothing particularly hi-tech or stealthy about a Predator.

Drones -and airplanes - crash, and are shot down. it is the nature of the business. Losses are expected. If the Taliban shot this down by small arms fire, the only thing that would surprise me would be the ineptitude of the drone operator for not maintaining sufficient altitude.

It doesn't "bum me out" or make me feel better to claim it was probably a malfunction, because my guess is based upon the facts as we have them so far. I've mentioned before, the PAF could easily shoot one of these down with an AIM-9. There's nothing particularly hi-tech or stealthy about a Predator.

why u think that fighters in FATA or PATA needed MAN-PADS AIM-9 or missiles to hit a drone flying high, why u forget the AA guns which they have fitted on mountain peaks and on open jeeps. pls remember the US stealth plane was also down in serbia with the anti-aircraft guns.
drones are not ahead of a target then a stealth plane.

why u think that fighters in FATA or PATA needed MAN-PADS AIM-9 or missiles to hit a drone flying high, why u forget the AA guns which they have fitted on mountain peaks and on open jeeps. pls remember the US stealth plane was also down in serbia with the anti-aircraft guns.

I agree with you here. And I can provide visual evidence of AA guns that yours truly gave to the Afghans during Afghan Soviet War.

A golden post.:tup:

Uhhhh, the F-117 was shot down with a barrage of SA-3 missiles. Not guns.

Unless the Taliban are operating Flak-88 emplacements, they are limited to a couple thousand meters maximum. Please note I studied and lived and breathed AAA and SAM systems for many years. I know what they can, and cannot do.

The Taliban have no anti-aircraft system that can reach higher than their 12.7mm machine guns, and that is going to be 2,000 meters or so. The drones fly at 8,000 meters+.

A golden post.

Ya think so? :disagree:

Too many of our innocent children have died from these drones.

As a Pakistani nationalist, I don't want anymore of my people hurt for America's war OF terror. The drones must be stopped by all means possible.

As a Pakistani nationalist, I don't want anymore of my people hurt for America's war OF terror. The drones must be stopped by all means possible.

I recommend a coup. The drone strikes are taking place with your leadership's approval and intelligence, targeting the same idiots who detonate bombs in markets.

Is that individual a victim of a drone, or a terror bomb? If a drone, then do those who die in terror bombings not merit your attention or sympathy?

2009.02.14-Noor-Syed-Aged-8-Ob03.jpg

Too many of our innocent children have died from these drones.

I think, the innocent victims of drone attacks should file a law sue in ICC against each govts who either operating these operations or silently adding it by allowing through secret deals, this is the only hope remains, I think.

On the other hand, this is ironic that the "West" who always portrays itself as champions of 'individual rights', 'Liberty' 'Democracy' closed its eyes when it comes to innocents Muslims effected under its WOT policy i.e Guantanamo Bay, Drones operations etc., but the moment it needs to punish Muslims Govts., Libya, Syria, Iran, all hell let loose immediately in the same names of Democracy, Liberty, Individual rights...for "Poor Muslims"....How hypocrites...!!!

US attacks are directly aimed at civilians! boys, girls, mums, dads, grandparents and infants!this is True Terrorism..This is true Evil

U.S evil will be gone soon . inshallah . peace will prevail in pakistan

Blame Pakistan Army and GoP for drones, they have approved them and collaborate on drone strikes to hit selected targets. Pakistan Army paints the target and US pulls the trigger, then in the midst of operations you have collateral damage.

For Pakistani people, need to understand, it is more effective you direct your concern to the GoP rather the US. After all, it is the GoP that approves it and pathetically condemns them in public issuing these bs unbelievable condemnations about the illegality of them. How are they illegal when you give tacit approval to them?

Blame Pakistan Army and GoP for drones, they have approved them and collaborate on drone strikes to hit selected targets. Pakistan Army paints the target and US pulls the trigger, then in the midst of operations you have collateral damage.

For Pakistani people, need to understand, it is more effective you direct your concern to the GoP rather the US. After all, it is the GoP that approves it and pathetically condemns them in public issuing these bs unbelievable condemnations about the illegality of them. How are they illegal when you give tacit approval to them?

so pa is lying when they ask for drone attacks to stop?

we not going away anytime soon.

Pakistan's continued support for Terrorist must be dealt with.

To be honest, ask yourself. How many people died in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Yemen in total? And how many died in 9/11 attacks? Your war in the region is useless. Has America seen another terrorist attack after 2001? We are doing everything on our own to combat it. Just in a time span of few years Pak Army has cleared 90% of FATA and you guys couldn't hold grip to just Kabul..

Back
Top Bottom