What's new

U.S. Defence now linked to India?

China too has made it clear that they wish to have excellent trade and defense relations with India.....a good example of that are the joint Naval exercises the two countries indulge in...soon there will be joint special forces and armor maneuvers [if not already I might be lacking information here] between the two......they cooperate immensely in the fields of education and general trade and commerce......while we are aiming to purchase discarded, redundant 'Jammer-16's ' and want to make a quick buck at the expense of our defense. Typical 'retired special associates' at work with the arms dealers mucking about.

Pakistan's intelligentsia needs a hard reality check.....as it seem two active and genuine rebellions have not done the trick....God forbid what will I don't wish to see for the result might be too devastating.....and here too India should act sensibly and try to ensure that there remains a positive AF-PAK relationship as the fall out will be too great for both China and India to handle....

On the other hand Pakistan should also reevaluate its relation ship with China....we have a bad habit of glorifying our diplomatic friends, recently China's actions have been some what confusing if not bordering on the threatening. I still remember what they said during the GHQ attack...."If you cant handle the situation shall we step in"...... first it was the USA and our establishment is doing the same with China....we need to strike a healthy balance rather then say 'Pak Cheen dosti bansoey' or what ever it is....for the USA will eventually leave by that I mean about 20 years from now i.e. when they have pulled out the last 'operator' and 'contractor' while the Chinese being our neighbors will keep breathing down our necks....and an assertive china will, due to its publics immense pressure and opinion [there public actually loves America and its foreign policy on all things except Japan] become a bully China.

You are fairly accurate,India has and always will put its strategic interests above every body else.And it is in India's interests to improve economic relations with China.Promoting more trade and investments between both countries can deliver rich dividends for both economies.

Indeed it will. But your top bureaucrats and soldiers need to remain cautious the Dollar has a magic of its own and it regularly buys off a few goats here and there....in our country its been whole universities and faculties.

USA just wants China and India to fight with each other finish each other because fighting with any of them directly will be costly for USA and USA's biggest fear is if some how India and China becomes all weather ally (which Russia also wants) that will be a game changer totally, USA and allies will be no longer The biggest military forces. USA and its allies biggest nightmare is Russia-China-India alliance.

My humble newbie analysis.

India and the US will indeed embark on a journey of improved relations and greater cooperation in the fields of engineering and manufacturing in general.

As for a dedicated long term relationship as a 'Mantlet' that will probably never happen. Unlike our fist shakers and their false declarations of bravery and rants of 'oye mein subo ko batana chata hun mein kisi se darta warta nahi' the Indians know better.

India's intelligentsia will not succumb to western pressure for becoming a plug to China's growth....in fact both China and India enjoy very cordial relations a few breaks here and there along a vast and confusing Himalayan border do not constitute conflict or even danger thereof.....Asia is a Hive now and a few tensions here and there on the ground level will never shake the decision of the spires mature and stable minds will always prevail.

It is a harsh lesson that our so called experts [especially Dr. Maria Sultan and the rooting bunch] needs to get into their Darwinian thick skulls.....The US is here to destabilize the region and prevent China's growth. Just like they started Nam and then indirectly stimulated the USSR to launch the military debacle known as the Russo Afghan conflict.

And so far we have only seen MOU's...and as we all know promises from the US amount to almost nothing but encumbrance....but that is just my opinion, I am sure the people at NDU know better for they have been with apt and studios blindness kept following the route of bash our own interests and then cloth it as enlightened moderation and the danger of being bombed back to the stone age etc etc etc.

Keep the pressure up with academic dissertations and it wont happen.....there are two reasons you have never made this blunder

1. Democracy.

2. Your academics are patriots, they might study in Moscow or Washington but they always remain Indian first while ours become 'Katha angrez'.

China too has made it clear that they wish to have excellent trade and defense relations with India.....a good example of that are the joint Naval exercises the two countries indulge in...soon there will be joint special forces and armor maneuvers [if not already I might be lacking information here] between the two......they cooperate immensely in the fields of education and general trade and commerce......while we are aiming to purchase discarded, redundant 'Jammer-16's ' and want to make a quick buck at the expense of our defense. Typical 'retired special associates' at work with the arms dealers mucking about.

Pakistan's intelligentsia needs a hard reality check.....as it seem two active and genuine rebellions have not done the trick....God forbid what will I don't wish to see for the result might be too devastating.....and here too India should act sensibly and try to ensure that there remains a positive AF-PAK relationship as the fall out will be too great for both China and India to handle....

On the other hand Pakistan should also reevaluate its relation ship with China....we have a bad habit of glorifying our diplomatic friends, recently China's actions have been some what confusing if not bordering on the threatening. I still remember what they said during the GHQ attack...."If you cant handle the situation shall we step in"...... first it was the USA and our establishment is doing the same with China....we need to strike a healthy balance rather then say 'Pak Cheen dosti bansoey' or what ever it is....for the USA will eventually leave by that I mean about 20 years from now i.e. when they have pulled out the last 'operator' and 'contractor' while the Chinese being our neighbors will keep breathing down our necks....and an assertive china will, due to its publics immense pressure and opinion [there public actually loves America and its foreign policy on all things except Japan] become a bully China.

Good posts..:tup: not the run of the mill BS that we have come to experience routinely here.

:lol:why aren't they allies then? fact of the matter is both do not trust each other, just mutual interest in few instances. America will be okay with India as long as she does not meddle with the petrodollar.

Best ever advice to Indians and hope it is heard by Indian elites who are still awake and not in their wet dream.

One option for India is to either take the side of US or china. They R simply puny incomparable ants in the broader games of Future superpower china & US. And if they want to have a neutral stance, they can agree to give US bases in laskideep & chinese bases in andamans rather than wet dreaming fantasies of akhand bharat. At the same time give back legitimate chinese territory i.e S.tibet to china, which china will inevitably take anyway.What this will do is that, India will get the blessing of both the super powers which will help in the socioeconomic development of its billion + poor people. US will naturally facilitate chinese presence in S.asia in the future when trade & mutual cooperation between the 2 powers increase & further matures. India is the only one to lose if it keeps holding on to its chanakyan wet dreams. Hope saner minds prevail in Delhi. :)

Keep the pressure up with academic dissertations and it wont happen.....there are two reasons you have never made this blunder

1. Democracy.

2. Your academics are patriots, they might study in Moscow or Washington but they always remain Indian first while ours become 'Katha angrez'.

Welcome to the forum.

The writer of this article is an idiot, he has no idea what he is writing about.

You are fairly accurate,India has and always will put its strategic interests above every body else.And it is in India's interests to improve economic relations with China.Promoting more trade and investments between both countries can deliver rich dividends for both economies.

You must understand that using the economic excuse, side-lining US completely and in favour of an aggressive China won't work. Trade is mutual and benefits 2 parties involved. However, if the supplier is not concerned about antagonizing the buying country and the buying country is in a policy amnesia, then it makes sense to ensure that there is a right strategic balance between the supplier country and a third party country that is offering something that could benefit India strategically.

With a hapless regime in power who has no clear perspective of defence policy on the Eastern Frontier, it becomes critical that we consider closer strategic ties with USA, such that both we and they benefit to a reasonably good extent but we don't end up being the next Iran or Pakistan or Iraq or the whole host of countries that got blown away with changing foreign policies of USA.

You must understand that using the economic excuse, side-lining US completely and in favour of an aggressive China won't work. Trade is mutual and benefits 2 parties involved. However, if the supplier is not concerned about antagonizing the buying country and the buying country is in a policy amnesia, then it makes sense to ensure that there is a right strategic balance between the supplier country and a third party country that is offering something that could benefit India strategically.

With a hapless regime in power who has no clear perspective of defence policy on the Eastern Frontier, it becomes critical that we consider closer strategic ties with USA, such that both we and they benefit to a reasonably good extent but we don't end up being the next Iran or Pakistan or Iraq or the whole host of countries that got blown away with changing foreign policies of USA.

As I said in a previous post.....this one is entirely up to you.....Public opinion and the opinions of scholars and jurists is taken seriously in India [because yours aren't sold out goats to US pay].....and so far it has been for the better as India is in talks for purchasing high tech euro zone hardware especially communications and logistics equipment and is also evaluating a few aviation options from there as well the Raphael seems to have tickled your fancy and it is a good option as I am sure the Euro zone wont risk long term sales and maintenance contracts with embargo's and other typical B.S plus there will be less chances of electronic restrictions..........

Again it is up to you not to make the mistakes we made....and China wont attack anyone.....there the citizens actually respect India greatly and public opinion holds a very powerful and newly emerged trump card where govt. policies are concerned. As for keeping any Chinese aggression in check well Japan and India have very close military cooperation as well and Japans navy is a force to be reckoned with......

Make smart logical and positive decisions and India and Pakistan will co-exist for if war does break out there wont be a traditional conflict in this one...it will be an N nightmare for both our nations.

The writer of this article is an idiot, he has no idea what he is writing about.

Never underestimate the stupidity of idiots......no pun intended.

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you.

Good posts..:tup: not the run of the mill BS that we have come to experience routinely here.

Thank you my belief is that when evaluating grand strategy one ought to remain neutral and un biased in order to see the bigger picture......sadly most people lack that even on this forum as most technical contributors at least from our side are retired interest groups who base all their analysis and stats on what's good for there personal gain and the military leadership of the time.....I have been a subscriber for years now and observed silently but now I simply cant take it anymore and just had to step in.....

USA just wants China and India to fight with each other finish each other because fighting with any of them directly will be costly for USA and USA's biggest fear is if some how India and China becomes all weather ally (which Russia also wants) that will be a game changer totally, USA and allies will be no longer The biggest military forces. USA and its allies biggest nightmare is Russia-China-India alliance.

America is afraid that it has lost the proverbial 'edge'.....America though will still remain the worlds foremost super power for at least 50 more years if not an entire century....even when that time lapses they will still remain the worlds top 2nd military power due to there new 'Space Marine' program [pursuant to star wars program] on the ISS [international space station] and that new intelligence module will house quite a lot of competent intel analysts in house on board the ISS.....these assets will be inserted in shock trooper deployments anywhere on the globe at 15 minutes notice and extensive contractor assets will help extract or liquidate these assets after the mission has been completed this is where Mr. Eric Prince and the 'Company' come in....

The US has already started implementing tougher entrance and physical exams and the reserves and 'Army' are shrinking while 'Spec Ops' units are seeing exponential increase in recruit influx and innovation within their ranks......Raytheon's new exoskeleton is a game changer where logistics are concerned and this is just the beginning in a smarter and more fluid command structure.

Never underestimate American ingenuity and their capacity to wreak havoc and chomping down Big Mac's while the world is busy killing itself.

As I said in a previous post.....this one is entirely up to you.....Public opinion and the opinions of scholars and jurists is taken seriously in India [because yours aren't sold out goats to US pay].....and so far it has been for the better as India is in talks for purchasing high tech euro zone hardware especially communications and logistics equipment and is also evaluating a few aviation options from there as well the Raphael seems to have tickled your fancy and it is a good option as I am sure the Euro zone wont risk long term sales and maintenance contracts with embargo's and other typical B.S plus there will be less chances of electronic restrictions..........

I agree. Actually, so far there has been a decent enough balance in the strategic civil and defence related contracts vis a vis foreign policies (barring the bureaucratic delays). We have approached both US and European Union apart from tech powerhouses like Korea and Japan to assist us in developing a robust civil aviation technological base including programs such as GAGAN which would be a boon to not just India but the entire region's civil aviation.

On the military side, India has always been slightly warmer towards Europeans and Russians rather than Americans though I got to say that Americans really know how to make their deals look sweet initially.

Again it is up to you not to make the mistakes we made....and China wont attack anyone.....there the citizens actually respect India greatly and public opinion holds a very powerful and newly emerged trump card where govt. policies are concerned. As for keeping any Chinese aggression in check well Japan and India have very close military cooperation as well and Japans navy is a force to be reckoned with......

Public opinions matter little to the strategic thinkers in China where there are polities having absolute power. PLA is not out of CCP's control which makes their intentions dubious. While we want to trade peacefully with the Chinese people, border incursions are not welcome and certainly not when it compromises already set and pre-agreed principles.

Make smart logical and positive decisions and India and Pakistan will co-exist for if war does break out there wont be a traditional conflict in this one...it will be an N nightmare for both our nations.

My friend, the war between our countries is now a distant thing. It will never happen simply because your nation is in an internal turmoil and your military is having no opportunity to do so; all while our MOD is too bureaucratic.

With 8000+ ICBMs, strongest navy in the world, Canada up North (almost unlimited food,water and energy resources), US does not need any further defence itself.
What it is defending is only the "Interest of United States of America"
Bear that in mind.

With 8000+ ICBMs, strongest navy in the world, Canada up North (almost unlimited food,water and energy resources), US does not need any further defence itself.
What it is defending is only the "Interest of United States of America"
Bear that in mind.

Your point of view is indeed welcome but you will see from our posts that none of us is saying that the US is a goner in any sense of the word....American might is here to stay and there is no illusion in any ones mind to contradict this status quo....albeit the nature of the modern US military and civil manufacturing sector is changing dramatically.....that too is a reality and a becon of a super power at its zenith and eventual decline.....which is a very natural process nothing to be offended off as India, the Arabian region and the Russo Chinese regions have seen that not once but dozens of times through out man kinds history.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom