What's new

U.S. Charter Schools Tied to Powerful Turkish imam

BronzePlaque

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Over the past decade, followers of the mysterious Turkish cleric Fethullah Gulen have opened scores of charter schools in the U.S., inspired by a man who is as powerful as he is reclusive

[video]http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7408418n&tag=pop;videos[/video]

"They like capitalism..Its very much a business network as much as a religious in many ways"
Thats interesting

"They like capitalism..Its very much a business network as much as a religious in many ways"
Thats interesting

bro it might sound interesting but our prophet Hz. Muhammad (p.b.u.h) gave directions to the muslims to become wealthy. Becoming wealthy is a tool to serve the Islam.

I watched 60 minutes and I am proud of these schools and the people who established them (especially these schools are among the top 10 schools in the US and when I consider Turkish education system I can see how successful these people are). They are hardworking people and they work only for the sake of our country. Most importantly they built schools not only in the US but also in 135 countries in the world. How magnificent movements they are.

Way to go brothers........

Wealthy can mean many things. economically, spiritually or just culturally. He didn't say go become a capitalist.

Anyway, they deserve respect, however it's worth remembering that not everyone shares same ideals. Not even amongst those in the Gülen movement. Some understand when you say no, and others are more pushy. But we humans are build differently :)

I have never heard of the Gulen Movement until I watched 60 Minutes....

Very interesting...

Reminds me of Aga Khan Movement in Pakistan

If there is someone or something that's as dangerous to Turkey as the PKK its the Gulen movement.

bro it might sound interesting but our prophet Hz. Muhammad (p.b.u.h) gave directions to the muslims to become wealthy. Becoming wealthy is a tool to serve the Islam.

I watched 60 minutes and I am proud of these schools and the people who established them (especially these schools are among the top 10 schools in the US and when I consider Turkish education system I can see how successful these people are). They are hardworking people and they work only for the sake of our country. Most importantly they built schools not only in the US but also in 135 countries in the world. How magnificent movements they are.

Way to go brothers........

God gave humans a brain, and He asked us to USE it

If there is someone or something that's as dangerous to Turkey as the PKK its the Gulen movement.

I know this is a defense forum, but I have to write something about this nonsense comment.

It is so obvious that 'what' has a huge bias against this movement so that he even was not able to realize his nonsense. I am sure he even did not watch the 13 minutes video. Comparing the Gulen movement and PKK as equal is senseless. I can provide tons of information about the Gulen movement and PKK, but there is no point that all information can change your mind 'what' or 'whatever you are'

Gulen is an agent of CIA. He is living under control of CIA. Thats why most of Turkish states have closed his schools just because these schools were working for CIA.

Its really sad, a lot people trust him. He has been living in the USA more than 20 years. Nobody asks why does USA give visa to him? For what purpose? His reference is a jew who is former head of CIA.

And he declared that 9 Turkish(Aid workers) who murdered by Israeli soldiers are not martyred (shaheed)... Yes as you see he has right to decide that who is a martyred or not... He is a puppet of jews and christians he works for them. Even interfaith dialogue is a game to break Muslims faith. Allah says "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

Gulen is an agent of CIA. He is living under control of CIA. Thats why most of Turkish states have closed his schools just because these schools were working for CIA.

Its really sad, a lot people trust him. He has been living in USA more than 20 years. Nobody asks why does USA gives visa to him? For what purpose? His reference is a jew who is former head of CIA.

And he declared that 9 Turkish who murdered by Israeli soldiers are not martyred (shaheed)... Yes as you see he has right to decide that who is a martyred or not... He is a puppet of jews and christians he works for them. Even interfaith dialogue is a game to break Muslims faith. Allah says "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

I disagree about the part that he is CIA agent,but i do actually agree with many parts of what you are saying. The movement is not transparant at all. We do not know why he still lives in the US.

Also how can an imam declare deceased people "non-shaheed"? Also i think the inter-faith dialogue is bs. There are many things i disagree with you Trmhmt but in this case we share same ideas. Though i really don't think he is working for the CIA. Allah knows best.

Gulen movement (movement of service) is most great Islamic act and the main source of ahl-i sunnah thinking in Turkey..
Completely national and Islamic but it is open to all humans in the path of service to the humanity..
All enemies of Islam hate them therefore throw many slanders..
PKK and Ergenekon is the biggest enemy of them..

You will see within a few years that the whole Ergenekon story was made up and is part of a revenge from certain Islamic movements in Turkey.

A autobiography from Turkish general has been released not long ago in which he described in detail how the CIA is using his schools in foreign countries for CIA activities. In his schools you can learn English, the teachers are American in most cases. I'm not going to tell you in detail why he is a prick because you're obviously not interested in a second opinion.

I think personally it's up to the parents to decide what to believe in, or other people for that matter. If you send your child to attend a school that doesn't mean you can close your eyes to what's going on in that school. Whether Gülen is working for the CIA or not doesn't matter for all I care.

Remember that this world is full of manipulative institutions and the best way of manipulating someone is to do a good deed, and make them believe that it is for the "greater good".

Its really sad, a lot people trust him. He has been living in the USA more than 20 years. Nobody asks why does USA give visa to him? For what purpose? His reference is a jew who is former head of CIA.

And he declared that 9 Turkish(Aid workers) who murdered by Israeli soldiers are not martyred (shaheed)... Yes as you see he has right to decide that who is a martyred or not... He is a puppet of jews and christians he works for them. Even interfaith dialogue is a game to break Muslims faith. Allah says "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

I do not know where to start. All you are saying nothing but slander. He is not a spy of CIA or something else. When he first arrived to the USA, he was prosecuted by the US prosecution attorney. He has no school, but the movement has. He just encourages people to build schools and they follow his ideas, thoughts. None of the Turkish states closed the movement schools but Uzbekistan (this movement has schools almost every muslim country). Because of the fact that he was assassinated by some deep organization related to Turkish agent service, that is why he closed the schools. You can google it and see the relationship between Turkey and Uzbekistan is too bad.

I support the movement because I believe them. I have seen enough what they have been doing. They are doing this first for the sake of Allah and sake of Hz. Muhammad (pbuh)and for the sake of our country.It is easy to blame them, I am asking those who blame him, accuse movement for the secret agenda. HAVE YOU EVER DONE ANYTHING FOR YOUR COUNTRY WITHOUT ANY EXPECTATION? Those people went all over the world without any expectation only for the sake of Allah and Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). They graduated from the top universities and they could have made good money if they wanted, but they chose to serve our country. They even did not get paid for a long time, they had to work after school to afford their life expenses. Before you blame them, just think a second if you have a particular of conscience.

Mr. Gulen has been living in the US since 1999 which means for 13 years not 20. He lives in the US because he gets medical treatment and most importantly he was forced to leave Turkiye (28th September.). Even now he lives in the US, such dark deep organizations accuse him to take over the country. He loves his country, hence, he does not return the country (he brought soils of different cities of Turkiye to ease his missing to Turkiye). He knows if he returns the country, he will be targeted again, the dark deep organizations will once again stir and damage the country.

The visa was given to him, because the US law orders to give this visa to the people who are highly qualified alien workers. Interestingly the Ministry of Homeland Security denied the request of Mr. Gulen for I-140, but he won the trail against ministry of Homeland Security. If he worked for CIA, they did not deny his request. The people who gave references to Fethullah Gulen were businessmans, professors, civil organization leaders, ambassadors etc. All of them knew who Mr. Gulen is, they knew the truth, that is why they support him.

Mr. Gulen never said that 9 Turkish aid workers who murdered by Israeli soldiers on Mavi Marmara vessel are not martyred. Mr. Gulen said that killing and murdering innocent people is unacceptable and he sent his condolences to their family. He also said a civil organization should have been more careful and tried to negotiate with Israel to deliver the aid (if they really wanted to do so). He said that like this because he knew what the plan was, there was a big set up, the last step of the plan to overthrow the government. You only look at the stage, but you cannot see what is going on the backstage. Someone points acrobat saying he plays on the rope, and steal you money from your pocket. This is a big game but you do not know what is going on.

I just want to remind you and people like you that all muslims are supposed to represent and convey the Islam. In order to convey the Islam, first people must know who you are, what you believe, and what you do. After that they can trust you and then you can convey the Islam. Look at our Prophet Hz. Muhammad (pbuh).He went 200 times to convey the Islam to the biggest enemies of the Islam and him (Abu Jahl, Abu Lahab). He wrote letters to Abyssinian King Necasi, Mukavkıs the king of Egypt, King Heraclius of the Byzantine, Kisra the King of Persia. How are you going to explain these? These people only follow the footsteps of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) nothing less nothing more. There are more information you can check this out (if you are really sincere)
Diyalog Kar

Before you malign him as a spy of CIA or something else, you must study who he is, what he believes, what he says, what he does. I examined his life, his works, his belief, all I can see is he is an authoritative mainstream Turkish Muslim scholar, thinker, author, poet, opinion leader and educational activist who supports interfaith and intercultural dialogue, science, democracy and spirituality and opposes violence and turning religion into a political ideology. Mr. Gulen promotes cooperation of civilizations toward a peaceful world, as opposed to a clash:

“Be so tolerant that your bosom becomes wide like the ocean. Become inspired with faith and love of human beings. Let there be no troubled souls to whom you do not offer a hand and about whom you remain unconcerned.” (Fethullah Gülen, Criteria or Lights of the Way. London: Truestar.)

You will see within a few years that the whole Ergenekon story was made up and is part of a revenge from certain Islamic movements in Turkey.

A autobiography from Turkish general has been released not long ago in which he described in detail how the CIA is using his schools in foreign countries for CIA activities. In his schools you can learn English, the teachers are American in most cases. I'm not going to tell you in detail why he is a prick because you're obviously not interested in a second opinion.

You are really useless, ignorance guy. It is easy to be hero of the keyboard and accuse and malign innocent people. Ergenekon is the biggest darkest terrorist organization in Turkiye. They killed, murdered ten thousand innocent people. And they were planning to do same ill plan. The Generals you are referring are just traitors. They made plans to throw innocent people to jail, bomb our mosques, hunt down our fighter aircrafts. They buried the weapons underground to use against Turkish citizens, can you believe that?
Google Image Result for http://www.sansaderesi.com/upload/1240732799_1.jpg
This one is just one example, explosives, machineguns, grenades, guns, etc. all they found underground. Why were they buried? They were buried for us.

“What” you are really stupid and imbecile!!! You are commenting about this thread and even you did not watch the video. You are saying ” the teachers are American in most cases”. I am laughing you with my some part of body. The lady in 60 minutes complains about the turkish teachers who were brought to US from Turkiye. And what you are saying “the teachers are American in most cases”. Before you write something first double what it says, and double think what you write.

Back
Top Bottom