What's new

TYPHOON.. A right solution to kill J-20 and T-50??

The typhoon is a threat to whomever it is ordered to fight.

This isn't some cosmic political thread, it is simply another "VS" thread. And the Typhoon is a great aircraft.
There is no question about the capabilities of the Typhoon. Lets see what will come out of TYPHOON and the J10B's in very near future...Yea the AESA on Typhoon is as comparable to F-22 can detect targets 300km++ with RCS 5m2 ..its very powerful radar
but I don't know how far is the BVR engagement range of its missiles for the RCS 1m2....:smokin:

stealth doesnt ensure safety.Afaik,j-20 is not as high profile as chinese are telling

No, but it does ensure that you will see the enemy before he see's you. I am not saying that it will be impossible for the Typhoon to shoot down PAK FA and J-20, but the Kill ratio will be disproportionately lopsided.:agree:

No, but it does ensure that you will see the enemy before he see's you. I am not saying that it will be impossible for the Typhoon to shoot down PAK FA and J-20, but the Kill ratio will be disproportionately lopsided.:agree:
so rcs and radar range are the only things that matter????
what about jamming, ew capabilties........................

General John Jumper, a man I know - my commander when I was in the F-15 - has vast experience in fighters, the U.S. F-15 and F-16, and many foreign makes. He praises the Typhoon highly. It is as advanced as a 4.5+ gen aircraft can be. Jumper went on to become the USAF Chief of Staff... the head man, the big guy.

It will (in the end) boil down to the stealth characteristics of both the PAK-FA and J-20. I believe in certain aspects, both of these are not fully stealthy, especially in the rear quadrant. The nozzle area especially is suspect.

With radar return, they are vulnerable. And ANY jet is vulnerable to IR missiles. Only a fool wouldn't respect the threat that the Typhoon is, just as only a fool would ignore a MiG-21 with point & shoot IR missiles. Stealth does not = invulnerability.
hey einstein. but j20 and the t50 are still in their prototype stages and wont be ready before 2020. its not their final form

The eurofighter is indeed a very decent fighter jet, what it lacks in stealth compared to the russian and chinese fighter, it makes up for by its more advanced technology. However a plane does not destroy another plane by using its stealth, i dont know alot about the t-50 and j-20 to say for sure which is the better fighter.

Also what we need to understand is that the t-50 is designed for fighting whilst the EF is a multipurpose jet, comparing them is like comparing apples to peaches.

So?

Ever heard the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none?"

If I was supreme dictator of a nation, I'd buy Typhoons for dedicated air defense, A-10's for CAS, and F-16's for interdiction, assuming I couldn't buy F-22's or F-35's.

When you specialize an airframe, it becomes optimized for that mission. The drawback is, it is expensive to do it (national defense) this way. The cost of an Air Force is why the F-16 is so hugely popular, because of all multi-role fighters, it probably provides the best balance of any of them.
I would take the Su-35S over the Typhoon; just look at the powerful radar of the Su-35S and its ability to spot objects at such a massive distant, rivals that of the F-22

The eurofighter is indeed a very decent fighter jet, what it lacks in stealth compared to the russian and chinese fighter, it makes up for by its more advanced technology. However a plane does not destroy another plane by using its stealth, i dont know alot about the t-50 and j-20 to say for sure which is the better fighter.

Also what we need to understand is that the t-50 is designed for fighting whilst the EF is a multipurpose jet, comparing them is like comparing apples to peaches.
:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
did you mean
EF is designed for fighting whilst the T-50 is a multipurpose jet
anyway what ef people probably mean that is the ef t2 is a right solution to kill the prototypes of J-20 and T-50??:woot::woot:

I would take the Su-35S over the Typhoon; just look at the powerful radar of the Su-35S and its ability to spot objects at such a massive distant, rivals that of the F-22

E-Scan radar is coming to the Typhoon soon it will be the most advanced AESA radar in operation the time it comes out. and WE are a co-developing it with Salex too :D

Sorry but the Typhoon Radar always brings a huge grin on my face.

Typhoon is a great machine. But comparing it to the J-20 or T-50 is just silly!!!!

Typhoon is a great machine. But comparing it to the J-20 or T-50 is just silly!!!!

Actually air-battles depend on a lot of things. I am not saying the Typhoon will blow the J-20 and T-50 out of the sky in a turkey shoot but even Chogy here (A former USAF Pilot) has pointed out that the Typhoon is a beast in its own right too. It may not incorperate stealth technologies but by far it has the smallest RCS in non-stealth aircrafts also couple that with an extremely powerful radar due to enter service in 2015 it might just make it.

Actually air-battles depend on a lot of things. I am not saying the Typhoon will blow the J-20 and T-50 out of the sky in a turkey shoot but even Chogy here (A former USAF Pilot) has pointed out that the Typhoon is a beast in its own right too. It may not incorperate stealth technologies but by far it has the smallest RCS in non-stealth aircrafts also couple that with an extremely powerful radar due to enter service in 2015 it might just make it.

I agree with you. Frankly the Typhoon, Rafale or even the Su 30 mki along with Awac support can take on a 5th gen aircraft. But stealth does make a big difference in air to air combat especially when it comes to a BVRAAM system. Thats where these aircraft will have a huge advantage over the Typhoon on a single A2A combat scenario.
I think the best example would be to see the Hornet vs the Raptor exercises the USAF conducted some years back. Although 1 Raptor was reportedly bagged by a Hornet, overall, the Hornets were decimated.

I agree with you. Frankly the Typhoon, Rafale or even the Su 30 mki along with Awac support can take on a 5th gen aircraft. But stealth does make a big difference in air to air combat especially when it comes to a BVRAAM system. Thats where these aircraft will have a huge advantage over the Typhoon on a single A2A combat scenario.
I think the best example would be to see the Hornet vs the Raptor exercises the USAF conducted some years back. Although 1 Raptor was reportedly bagged by a Hornet, overall, the Hornets were decimated.

True they are not an entirely new generation without a reason you know. If they face each other in a single fight the Advantage will be with the Stealth Aircraft that of course hoping the Missile it fired will 100% hit the Typhoon which is not the case BVR missiles are more easily evaded than WVR ones since the BVR ones go for the Radar signal but with the right sub-systems being built in the Typhoon just for that which peeps when the radar is locked the pilot will turn it off and start maneuvering but the WVR missiles are much harder to get away from you have to use flares etc just to loose their lock. (I could be wrong this is what I built up on my own knowledge I am not a pilot nor do I work in the industry).

Also well there is no doubt that the F-22 is an extremely potent aircraft in its own right the US military is infamous of intimidation tactics so I wouldn't trust their evaluations and such completely. I am not saying that the F-22 sucks no not at all but when the USAF comes out and says the F-22 won by 233-1 I laugh a little.

hey einstein. but j20 and the t50 are still in their prototype stages and wont be ready before 2020. its not their final form
Even J-20 and T-50 are in protype form the Typhoon is still a kid in front of them...Typhoon belongs to a lower generation in front of them....:D

Also well there is no doubt that the F-22 is an extremely potent aircraft in its own right the US military is infamous of intimidation tactics so I wouldn't trust their evaluations and such completely. I am not saying that the F-22 sucks no not at all but when the USAF comes out and says the F-22 won by 233-1 I laugh a little.
Fine. The actual record was 232-1. We had a typo. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom