What's new

Type 071 for Russia?

Lol,you really think that russian army will buy something from china ?
Yes, its a matter of time. A decades ago. People ask "will Russia buy any major military system from France?"

Now it happen.

They are different. For example the San Antonio class cannot carry and launch STOVL aircraft.
1280px-thumbnail.jpg

While the Wasp class can.
1280px-USS_Bataan_%28LHD-5%29%3B10080504.jpg

9614141093_53ff32f638_o__main.jpg

Since Russia wants something like the LHD like the Mistal and not the Type 071. They will not buy that. Unless China creates something like the Mistral or something similar.

China has the capabilities to build LHD, it just a matter of she wants it or not.

The design was offer to Thai Navy
High-Performance FFG & LPH-1.jpg

TRISHUL: Updates From 12th Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA 2013) Between March 26 & 30

Last edited:
We are already building a Aircraft Carrier ourselves carrier, think building a smaller LHD will be a problem
On the pride thing you are right though

LHD is different from building an aircraft carrier bro. Moreover you indeed are building an aircraft carrier but still with Russia cooperation. Though to be honest, Moscow has indeed been of great help to India, since most of your critical weapons systems are from Russia, from which you have learned a lot. Did I say help? Hmmm...more like they got huge returns/ cash from selling you their weapons.
As for pride thing. Its more than true. I can't ever imagine Russia buying weapons from China, much less from India. That will be like believing cows can fly.:p:

LHD is different from building an aircraft carrier bro. Moreover you indeed are building an aircraft carrier but still with Russia cooperation. Though to be honest, Moscow has indeed been of great help to India, since most of your critical weapons systems are from Russia, from which you have learned a lot. Did I say help? Hmmm...more like they got huge returns/ cash from selling you their weapons.
As for pride thing. Its more than true. I can't ever imagine Russia buying weapons from China, much less from India. That will be like believing cows can fly.:p:

They even put down their pride to buy France military product, That is unthinkable in Cold war times. Why do you think they would not even go a step further in buying Chinese weapon products? Russia needs rapid naval modernisation at lower cost. They is not better way than buying Chinese naval product.

russia needs to buy from china

these two countries can help each other out so much

Maybe not this decade but it will change over the next 10-15 year as China surpasses Russia in military tech and be considered the only competitor to US.

Every time you do a thing 1st time outside assistance is required in some way or another & in this case some help was taken but entire ship is Indian & is being madeostly of Indian components
Regarding building a LHD it is of lower tonnage than a AC so yeah building it won't be much of a problem

Its more than true. I can't ever imagine Russia buying weapons from China, much less from India. That will be like believing cows can fly.:p:

Western Sanctions See Russia Looking to China for Military, Aerospace Components / Sputnik International

Russia certainly doesn't have any qualms about buying billions worth of military subcomponents from China it can no longer source from the West. Times are a changing. :lol:

You may be correct with regards to full weapons systems, however. It's a matter of national pride for Russia. Then again, who would have ever thought that Russia would buy LHDs from France? Fact is, with the state of Russia's economy, it can't afford to develop everything on its own anymore like the US can. Hell, China can't even afford to develop full systems on its own and has to partner up with Russia for things like heavy lift helicopters.

Western Sanctions See Russia Looking to China for Military, Aerospace Components / Sputnik International

Russia certainly doesn't have any qualms about buying billions worth of military subcomponents from China it can no longer source from the West. Times are a changing. :lol:

You may be correct with regards to full weapons systems, however. It's a matter of national pride for Russia. Then again, who would have ever thought that Russia would buy LHDs from France? Fact is, with the state of Russia's economy, it can't afford to develop everything on its own anymore like the US can. Hell, China can't even afford to develop full systems on its own and has to partner up with Russia for things like heavy lift helicopters.

Read my comemnt again. I said sophisticated weapons sytems, not small components/unsophisticated parts which even the U.S/west sources from China due to cost. However thats because Russia doesnt have much choice than to source those from China(and even with that, its just recently when we imposed sanctions on them that they decided to source those from China, so says alot about how Russia regards China. lol) , which to be honest is not really high tech stuffs. The day i see Russia buying high tech weapons systems from China, i think cows might indeed fly.:lol:

You will be surprised. :lol:

You are understimating Russian pride, they indeed have alot of it. We in europe know them better than you do. To be honest, i believe its easier to believe even Britain can buy sophisticated weapons systems from China than Russia.:agree:

russia needs to buy from china

these two countries can help each other out so much

But Russia wont, for the reasons i mentioned above.
By the way im sure my Russian frioends in this forum can attest to that. where are they all? they seem to have gone in hiding....its the Chinese and Indians who seem to be defending them on many topics on here recently. That's really strange....:lol:

Read my comemnt again. I said sophisticated weapons sytems, not small components/unsophisticated parts which even the U.S/west sources from China due to cost. However thats because Russia doesnt have much choice than to source those from China(and even with that, its just recently when we imposed sanctions on them that they decided to source those from China, so says alot about how Russia regards China. lol) , which to be honest is not really high tech stuffs. The day i see Russia buying high tech weapons systems from China, i think cows might indeed fly.:lol:.

You contradict yourself. You say Russians only deign to accept billions of dollars worth of lowly Chinese goods because the US cut them off. My question is - why doesn't Russia have the manufacturing base to produce these "unsophisticated parts"? If Russia has such low regard for Chinese components, you'd think the first thing they'd do is set up their own assembly lines rather than spend *billions* on Chinese goods? After all that french guy said Russia would never buy anything military related from China. Yet he's been proven wrong. Who knows what the future holds?

On a side note who would have guessed that a giant Chinese crane would be responsible for building the pride of her majesty's navy? China has come a long way. :lol: I think you may see cows fly in your lifetime. :rofl:

UK's Biggest Crane Passes Under Forth Bridges | Forth Road Bridge

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom