What's new

Two questions Reagrding Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urdu was made Pakistan official language because Muhajirs from Uttar Pradesh were dominating the Muslim League, they made other Muslims to believe that Urdu language is the heritage of all sub-continent's Muslims.

You are completely wrong here.

Now 90% can speak urdu. People can speak their mother tongues but very very few people can write them. And those who speak their regional languages can easily write urdu but they will fail to write their regional language.

Why is that? I am just ignorant. POliticians in india will never allow hindi to be made compulsory over a regional language. The language riots happened in 1965 is a great example.
Pakistani domestic politicians havent talked about this? I mean if u r punjabi, u can talk and write urdu. But u can talk only punjabi but not write them, right?

Ok here is the problem.

I know Jinnah said 15 august. But according to Islam the next day starts after fajr. Fajr is a time little before sun rise so it means until you don't see blue light on sky the day is not changed it usually means 4:30 AM to 6:00 AM. It is the changing time of a day according to Islam so it was 14 august for muslims but british people change the day after 12 at night so its 15 august for them.

I don't know the exact time but it was most probably before 12 at night.

There was a need for a language which everyone can understand.

Actually that sun rise date was followed in hinduism too. The sun rays coming were taken as the starting of next day. In Astrology this principle is still followed.

But people are learning indigenous language in pakistan with their original script? Such as sindhi, punjabi , balochi along with urdu?
I don't know if I can speak for all of Pakistanis and Pakistan but where I am from, we weren't taught our 'indigenous' language, we were only taught urdu and english, indigenous languages are picked up by kids from their surroundings and parents.

Urdu was made Pakistan official language because Muhajirs from Uttar Pradesh were dominating the Muslim League, they made other Muslims to believe that Urdu language is the heritage of all sub-continent's Muslims.

Urdu was made national language because every person in West Pakistan was able to speak Urdu and also large bengali community used to understand Urdu.

Punjabi is spoken by about half population of Pakistan while Urdu is spoken by most/every Pakistani as a second language

Wrong. Muhajirs were not dominant.

Dominant were bengalis, sindhis, Punjabis.

Another thing to mention here. Jinnah was saying urdu should be our national language and he is the one who fought for it credit goes to him. Some people in Muslim league were saying arabic but Jinnah opposed it.

Nopes Mate 1947 and 1948 it was celebrated on 15th August . You can See the PID post for that ....

That's what i said one our first birthday in 1948 it was decided that it is 14 august from now on.

I don't know if I can speak for all of Pakistanis and Pakistan but where I am from, we weren't taught our 'indigenous' language, we were only taught urdu and english, indigenous languages are picked up by kids from their surroundings and parents.

Dont take me wrong. But dont u have any interest in learning ur own indigenous language. ? it might be even older and have rich literature than urdu.
Actually i had thought people in pakistan learnt Indigenous language along with urdu and english.

1. Why was Pakistan's Independence day changed from 15th August to 14th August .
2. why was Urdu given the Position of National Languages as none of the provinces has it as the mother tongue ?

I could not find much Literature regarding That hence the question . I would Request the trolls to stay away and let the knowledgeable people on this forum give the answer .

Thank You ,

The answer is simple

Pakistan got independence day before India.

Quaid-e-Azam became the first governor general of Pakistan on 14th of August 1947
Lord Mountbatten was the governor general of ancient India and later took oath as the first governor general of Modern India on 15th of August 1947.

Quaid-e-Azam was already the governor general and the rule of Pakistan at that time

Why is that? I am just ignorant. POliticians in india will never allow hindi to be made compulsory over a regional language. The language riots happened in 1965 is a great example.
Pakistani domestic politicians havent talked about this? I mean if u r punjabi, u can talk and write urdu. But u can talk only punjabi but not write them, right?

The only people who opposed urdu were bengalis.

I am punjabi i can speak punjabi but i cannot write it. But it doesn't matter to me because i can speak, read and write urdu and english also.

Wrong. Muhajirs were not dominant.

Dominant were bengalis, sindhis, Punjabis.

Another thing to mention here. Jinnah was saying urdu should be our national language and he is the one who fought for it credit goes to him. Some people in Muslim league were saying arabic but Jinnah opposed it.

I read some article that Urdu speaking elite managed to get more seats for United Provinces in reserved electorate for Muslims at the expense of Muslims of Punjab and Bengal population-wise. Which shows the representatives from United Provinces had great influence in Muslim League. The people who represent Bengal were the small Urdu or bilingual speaking elites of Dhaka.

I read some article that Urdu speaking elite managed to get more seats for United Provinces in reserved electorate for Muslims at the expense of Muslims of Punjab and Bengal population-wise. Which shows the representatives from United Provinces had great influence in Muslim League. The people who represent Bengal were the small Urdu or bilingual speaking elites of Dhaka.

Urdu was well injected in present day Pakistan so anyone didn't opposed it.

The maximum representation in Muslim league was from bangal.

So, you were never taught Pashto as a third language in school after Urdu and English.

Urdu was well injected in present day Pakistan so anyone didn't opposed it.

The maximum representation in Muslim league was from bangal.

Muhajirs known to have highest literacy and they were the dominant group in bureaucracy. Bengalis were mostly represent by Urdu speaking elites of their province so Pakistan never had language issue in the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom