What's new

Two men of Pakistani descent charged in US with terror support, conspiracy

Too bad it's the truth, especially for someone who has 9,413 post and joined in Jan. 2010. To be honest a lot of people say that about you not just me...lol

A lot of people say a lot of things about Islam too .. Doesnt make those things right.. Does it ;) ??

Too bad it's the truth, especially for someone who has 9,413 post and joined in Jan. 2010. To be honest a lot of people say that about you not just me...lol

A lot of people say a lot of things about Islam too .. Doesnt make those things right.. Does it ;) ??

^^try to have some dignity and self respect. i know this concept is alien to you people but atleast try.

^^try to have some dignity and self respect. i know this concept is alien to you people but atleast try.

Oh Yeah . You are the highest epitome in "dignity and self respect" . No wonders its London or New York , Its always coming from the same nationality . :rofl:

You know you keep saying that and I keep feeling surprised. It's very interesting how the US always stumbles upon new epiphanies every few years that no one could ever have imagined a couple of days before, epiphanies that always absolve it of every fault and pass it on to the nearest kid in the row.

HA! No, you don't get to slither out of this one this easy. The US came here for one thing and one thing alone; exterminate Al-Qaida and the Taliban,or so they stated. We never wanted a part in any of this but being bombed to the stone age wasn't really a choice. You made it spill over to our side, you made this our war so now we fight and we will fight till the end. But you don't get to point your grubby fingers at us and run back to your holes with your tales between your legs leaving us with a bigger mess than in the 90s and the blame too. You don't get to pretend to be clean. No boy, your overlords don't get to tell me that it's all my fault.

Worthless. I say this embarrassingly, having realized the futility of arguing with you. You; one void of any logic, reason or knowledge.

You cannot take the facts thats not my problem. The people blowing themselves are Pakistanis and a part of your society, but you find it 'Worthless'.

The problem with many people is that they do not want to share any responsibility. You and your governments and your Arab friends have worked liked US NGO's in the region. Go ahead deny it.

Blaming the US 24/7 is your hobby. In the 80s you called people like us communists for criticizing the US sponsored Jehad.

You are doing exactly the same today. Anyone who reminds you of your shameless past is now dubbed a US agent.

May be you deserve to be a Major Non NATO ally and being the most bombed US ally as well.
I am glad I am devoid of 'your' kind of logic and understanding.

MIAMI: Two men of Pakistani descent have been charged with plotting to provide material support to terrorists and to use a weapon of mass destruction within the US, federal prosecutors said Friday.

The men were identified as brothers Sheheryar Alam Qazi, 30, and 20-year-old Raees Alam Qazi.

Both are naturalised US citizens originally from Pakistan and both were arrested in the Fort Lauderdale area, prosecutors said.

Few details about the plot were provided by prosecutors or outlined in a brief, three-page grand jury indictment.

Authorities said the case was not an FBI sting operation but declined any additional comment.

”Any potential threat posed by these two individuals has been disrupted,” said Miami US Attorney Wifredo Ferrer.

In Washington, Justice Department national security spokesman Dean Boyd called the case ”an ongoing, very active investigation” but provided no specifics.

The indictment charges that the two provided money, property, lodging, communications equipment and other support for a conspiracy to obtain a weapon of mass destruction between July 2011 and this week.

The goal was to ”use a weapon of mass destruction (explosives) against persons and property within the United States,” prosecutors said in a news release.

It wasn’t clear whether the conspirators actually did obtain explosives or what their potential targets might have been.

The Qazi brothers had initial court appearances Friday, but court-appointed attorneys for the two did not immediately respond to emails seeking comment.

An arraignment and bail hearing is scheduled for Dec 7.

They are both charged with conspiring to provide material support to terrorists, which carries a maximum 15-year prison sentence, and with conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction. The maximum is life in prison for that charge.

South Florida has seen several high-profile terrorism cases, including the conviction of Al Qaeda operative Jose Padilla and the convictions of five men accused of plotting to join forces with Al Qaeda to destroy a landmark Chicago skyscraper and bomb FBI offices in several cities.

More recently, a Miami Muslim cleric and one of his sons are facing trial on charges they provided thousands of dollars in financial support to the Pakistani Taliban.

Two men of Pakistani descent charged in US with terror support, conspiracy | DAWN.COM

These kind of incidents are very unfortunate for the pakistani diaspora in US and in west. It raises stereotypes of suspicion and fear among less informed common man in the respective countries.

There needs good proactive supervision from authorities in america and europe on the religious establishments which have been known to instill hate among young and naive youth. Authorities need to establish positive outlets for young minorities especially muslims youth, on whom the impetus is currently. There must be some clubs, sports and other positive activities promoted to instill better assimilation with the society.

Further more families and parents need to keep a strict vigil on youth and their activities. Positive reinforcement to education, sports, social work will provide a better vent to frustrations often exhibited by muslim minority kids in the west.

So profiling of pak/asian faces is the fault of muslims?

We must bend backwards.

Ever wondered why certain segments of the Ummah hate western ideologies?

These kind of incidents are very unfortunate for the pakistani diaspora in US and in west. It raises stereotypes of suspicion and fear among less informed common man in the respective countries.

There needs good proactive supervision from authorities in america and europe on the religious establishments which have been known to instill hate among young and naive youth. Authorities need to establish positive outlets for young minorities especially muslims youth, on whom the impetus is currently. There must be some clubs, sports and other positive activities promoted to instill better assimilation with the society.

Further more families and parents need to keep a strict vigil on youth and their activities. Positive reinforcement to education, sports, social work will provide a better vent to frustrations often exhibited by muslim minority kids in the west.

So profiling of pak/asian faces is the fault of muslims?
We must bend backwards.
Ever wondered why certain segments of the Ummah hate western ideologies?

Reality is so, if more and more terror activities in US and West stem are from individuals which has a common attribute of "Islam", you cannot help getting profiled. it's human nature. There was a time when irish names in US got similar treatment, geo-political situation reflect social policies. East asian muslims will bare the brunt of profiling, if this discomfort can safegaurd the general population from further terror attacks, then so be it.... A very small price to pay!

ummah !!!!!what now???

One man's terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

For me; its better to learn abt the underlying issues that drive fine youg men to embark on vengeance rather than just mislabel people and a religion.

Whats with the ummah issue? I dont understand

Reality is so, if more and more terror activities in US and West stem are from individuals which has a common attribute of "Islam", you cannot help getting profiled. it's human nature. There was a time when irish names in US got similar treatment, geo-political situation reflect social policies. East asian muslims will bare the brunt of profiling, if this discomfort can safegaurd the general population from further terror attacks, then so be it.... A very small price to pay!

ummah !!!!!what now???

One man's terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

For me; its better to learn abt the underlying issues that drive fine youg men to embark on vengeance rather than just mislabel people and a religion.

Whats with the ummah issue? I dont understand

issues that drive fine youg men to embark on vengeance

Manipulation and cherry picking of religious ideologies, force feeding loopsided atrocities against their own kind, justification of hate mongering. pick any.

why certain segments of the Ummah hate western ideologies?

these certain sections of ummah hate everyone equally.... some of their hate list
some hate jinnah,
some hate persians,
some hate turks,
some hate hindus,
others hate both hindus and jews,
some hate zionists all hindus and few christians, and offcourse ahmedias
Some hate america, in its entirety, some hated russians but now seems to like their engines.
Some hate chinese, but wouldn't say it aloud
Some hate the khomeni and others the bhuttos,
Some hate the the arab spring some just hate the spring rolls
some hate the american military but love the f16's and f15's
Some hate India but love the bollywood
Some hate the bollywood but love the burqqa
Some love the OIC, but dont really give a crap about the palestinians
Some love the palestenians but then post their generals to kill them sometimes.
Some hate democracy, communism, imperialism, but do support sharia law.

So its difficult to gauge what UMMAH really hates or likes.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom