What's new

Tusas offered Gokbey to a country

Tusas offered 32 Gokbey chopper to a x country a 1 billion dollar worth project.

I think they are still negotiation. Turkish defence forum is smashing hard in the defence industry.... :p:

TS1400 is almost done with certifications, i believe next year.

Turkish military equipment comes with a Brand name now and we knows its NATO standard for a lower price

we also know it works

I can see Turkey reaching into the Top Ten defence exporters soon enough

Turkish military equipment comes with a Brand name now and we knows its NATO standard for a lower price

we also know it works

I can see Turkey reaching into the Top Ten defence exporters soon enough
Gokbey for $33 million per unit is more expensive than Its western equivalents

Turkish equipment wont remain cheap forever soon it will be closer and in some fields more expensive then western equipments.

You basically buy NATO standart without the strings attached. No restrictions at all. Maintanence and keep them upgraded is also very important which Turkiye is very good and reliable at.

Last edited:

Turkish equipment wont remain cheap forever soon it will be closer and in some fields more expensive then western equipments.

You basically buy NATO standart without the strings attached. No restrictions at all. Maintanence and keep them upgraded is also very important which Turkiye is very good and reliable at.
Absolutely not.

Our weapon systems are not going to be as expensive as their Western counterparts for two reasons:

Our currency is the Turkish Lira. We don't pay salaries in USD or EUR.

Secondly, the industry puts high emphasis on localisation which sometimes needs a large amount of resources and investments to kick-start the production but this serves a well thought out purpose. These systems and their subsystems will get cheaper over time and if Turkiye continues to gain new customers at a similar pace like the last 5 to 7 years, our wildest dreams could come true.

We will always have a competitive edge over US and European companies. There's not a shred of doubt in my mind.

kindly explain where $33 million is coming from?

utility helicopters are hot products and not many good ones on market beside western models.

Gokbey will be probably best seller of turkish arms industry when it comes in serial production.

It was claimed that El Salvador procured ANKA S UCAV, T625 GÖKBEY Utility Helicopter and VURAN armored vehicle from Turkiye
EL Salvador ordered a small amount of Gokbey. This deal is most likely about Malaysia.

utility helicopters are hot products and not many good ones on market beside western models.

Gokbey will be probably best seller of turkish arms industry when it comes in serial production.
There is Sikorsky and AW series of Leonardo but the Americans dont sell their equipment to every country. And the AW is very expensive and it has some major technical problems. So you’re right the Gokbey helicopter will be ordered and operated by many countries

Back
Top Bottom