What's new

Turkistan Islamic Party claims western China attacks

I've been to Turkey. Most of people are nice. Except Istanbul, the rest of the country feels underdeveloped. Cities in China are definitely more modern and better developed than Turkey. I drove on highway for 9 days from west end towards the east, barely saw vehicles, probably had something to do with the high gas price, it's close to 2.5x in Canada. As contrary, in China highway was full of cars when I visited in 2009. Another thing, in Turkey nobody checked speeding. Most of time I drove at close to 2x speed limit, e.g. 150km/h at 75km/h zone, never ran into any trouble in the 9 days road trip :D Traffic is equally chaotic in both countries. Taxi drivers are equally untrustworthy, street smart are required. :D

Chine feels safer than in Turkey. It's very normal to see soldier with automatic weapons patrolling on streets in Turkey cities. I saw that a lot in Istanbul, while in China I never saw that in all the cities I visited : Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu and Chongqing.

There is also more vibe in China, more business opportunities, more modern and development projects than Turkey.

Funniest dude was a tour guide in Istanbul. He loved gambling but didn't have enough $$$ to go to Vegas, therefore he wanted to go to Macau. When asked how much fund he had, he said one thousand dollars. He must have thought that $1k is HUGE for Macau, lol :D

I've been to Turkey. Most of people are nice. Except Istanbul, the rest of the country feels underdeveloped. Cities in China are definitely more modern and better developed than Turkey. I drove on highway for 9 days from west end towards the east, barely saw vehicles, probably had something to do with the high gas price, it's close to 2.5x in Canada. As contrary, in China highway was full of cars when I visited in 2009. Another thing, in Turkey nobody checked speeding. Most of time I drove at close to 2x speed limit, e.g. 150km/h at 75km/h zone, never ran into any trouble in the 9 days road trip :D Traffic is equally chaotic in both countries. Taxi drivers are equally untrustworthy, street smart are required. :D

Chine feels safer than in Turkey. It's very normal to see soldier with automatic weapons patrolling on streets in Turkey cities. I saw that a lot in Istanbul, while in China I never saw that in all the cities I visited : Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu and Chongqing.

There is also more vibe in China, more business opportunities, more modern and development projects than Turkey.

Funniest dude was a tour guide in Istanbul. He loved gambling but didn't have enough $$$ to go to Vegas, therefore he wanted to go to Macau. When asked how much fund he had, he said one thousand dollars. He must have thought that $1k is HUGE for Macau, lol :D

Firstly this is your personal opinion, it has nothing to do with the realities (since factual data proves the opposite as well as my personal experience since i have been to both countries myself). Secondly, would you be kind to provide information regarding which year it was when you were in Turkey.

China's a big country. There are many poor provinces that are dragging our overall GDP/capita down. Yet the difference between Turkey with 50 years of development aid, vs. China with 60 years of sanctions, is only a factor of 2 - able to be covered in 5 years at China's current development rate. You want to talk in terms of 5 years? There's your 5 years. Who would have predicted that 150 GBP = 350 Euros now?

Economically, we can use the number of fortune 500 companies to measure the ACTUAL economic influence of a country on world markets.

61 companies from China are on the list, 3rd in the world.

Global 500 2011: Countries - China - FORTUNE on CNNMoney.com

1 company from Turkey is on the list.

Global 500 2011: Countries - Turkey - FORTUNE on CNNMoney.com

In science, China is ranked #2 in publications.

SJR - International Science Ranking

Turkey is #21.

In terms of HDI, a measure of actual living standards, Turkey's average is very close to China's average despite having huge aid from the US for 50 years.

List of countries by Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course that's the average. When you break it down by province, Turkey is on the level of some of our poorer provinces. More people in China have a higher standard of living than Turkey, than there are people in Turkey.

List of Chinese administrative divisions by Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is a very simple thing we need to put into consideration when discussing macro economics. It is not the total but the average that tells a country's economy. China's total economy is about 6 times larger than that of Turkey and the most populous country in the world, thus it is expectable that you have more top 500 companies (the same with science publications).

Another thing you need to understand is that Turkey has not received "huge aid" from the US the last 50 years. That is simply a false statement.

Lastly, how can Turkey be on level with China's poorer provinces when Turkey's average is higher than China's in HDI. That means the overwhelming majority of Chinese are poor while a fraction is rich. That is of course according to your statements.

There is a very simple thing we need to put into consideration when discussing macro economics. It is not the total but the average that tells a country's economy. China's total economy is about 6 times larger than that of Turkey and the most populous country in the world, thus it is expectable that you have more top 500 companies (the same with science publications).

Another thing you need to understand is that Turkey has not received "huge aid" from the US the last 50 years. That is simply a false statement.

Lastly, how can Turkey be on level with China's poorer provinces when Turkey's average is higher than China's in HDI. That means the overwhelming majority of Chinese are poor while a fraction is rich. That is of course according to your statements.

I suggest you go look at the exchange rate, and then go get a real life in China.

Firstly this is your personal opinion, it has nothing to do with the realities (since factual data proves the opposite as well as my personal experience since i have been to both countries myself). Secondly, would you be kind to provide information regarding which year it was when you were in Turkey.

That was 2008 Summer.

Yes, it's personal experience but to say it has nothing to do with the reality is obviously not right. Easily you could tell the difference : moderness and infrastructure of the cities, quality of the road etc. Trade and business active level can also be reflected by how busy the main highways are.

PS: I came cross this "global peace index" today. Can't post the link coz I'm a newbie, no permission! :D Anyway here are the ranks of some countries.
Japan 3, Canada 8, Romania 40, Cuba 67, China 80, Turkey 127, Colombia 139. I gotta say that it pretty much matches my experience.

BTW, Istanbul is a great city, in a way it feels like the mix of Beijing and Shanghai : it's a culture center with lots of historical sites which is somewhat comparable to Beijing, it's also a financial center similar to Shanghai.

I met a few Uighur people on the silk road in Turkey and they are very hospitable. There is a Uighur restaurant near my home. It's very different to Turkish food. Uighurs also look quite different to typical Turkish.

I think china is right to bar kids under the age of 18 to go to mosque, if they are exposed to Mullahs, they will be brainwashed.

Mosques are for prayer, in todays world, you can only trust the internet
Alhamdulillah i have never been exposed to any mullahs and got all my Islamic education from the internet through research

Mosques are for prayer, in todays world, you can only trust the internet
Alhamdulillah i have never been exposed to any mullahs and got all my Islamic education from the internet through research

I am glad to hear that my friend, i dont know about your age, but if you are anyting between 8-18, you should seriousely be in distance from Mullahs, many many parents were happy that their kids were in good hands, but unaware that those kids were brainwashed by the mullhas and eventually they became terrorists in very young age, they still are considered as kids.

That was 2008 Summer.

Yes, it's personal experience but to say it has nothing to do with the reality is obviously not right. Easily you could tell the difference : moderness and infrastructure of the cities, quality of the road etc. Trade and business active level can also be reflected by how busy the main highways are.

PS: I came cross this "global peace index" today. Can't post the link coz I'm a newbie, no permission! :D Anyway here are the ranks of some countries.
Japan 3, Canada 8, Romania 40, Cuba 67, China 80, Turkey 127, Colombia 139. I gotta say that it pretty much matches my experience.

BTW, Istanbul is a great city, in a way it feels like the mix of Beijing and Shanghai : it's a culture center with lots of historical sites which is somewhat comparable to Beijing, it's also a financial center similar to Shanghai.

I met a few Uighur people on the silk road in Turkey and they are very hospitable. There is a Uighur restaurant near my home. It's very different to Turkish food. Uighurs also look quite different to typical Turkish.

Global peace index doesn't measure well-being at all. Big cities in China like Shanghai and Beijing is naturally more developed than smaller cities in Turkey. Yet the level of development in Turkey is still higher. You can't set the average at China's major cities, that doesn't make any sense.

About Uighurs. Uighurs are Asian nomadic people, and contemporary Turks consist mostly of European descendance. Which means Turks who live in Turkey today are anatolian people who converted to Islam during and after the establishment of Ottoman empire, you can't see a difference between Italians, Greeks and Turks.

About Uighurs. Uighurs are Asian nomadic people, and contemporary Turks consist mostly of European descendance. Which means Turks who live in Turkey today are anatolian people who converted to Islam during and after the establishment of Ottoman empire, you can't see a difference between Italians, Greeks and Turks

Most Turks maybe mixed however that doesnt mean that we have no Turkic blood! wtf?? you almost made us Greek or Armenian! Iam Oguz-Turk buddy dont know about you, but iam pure blood Turk!! And proud of it! Dont believe those ''anti-Turk'' Danish books you read too much fella!!

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Same bulls... what armo-greek anti-Turk propaganda is teaching and this smartazz is trying to sell it!! shame on you i dont know wtf you are it is a shame such Turks exist if you really call yourself Turk you should be ashamed!

Global peace index doesn't measure well-being at all. Big cities in China like Shanghai and Beijing is naturally more developed than smaller cities in Turkey. Yet the level of development in Turkey is still higher. You can't set the average at China's major cities, that doesn't make any sense.

About Uighurs. Uighurs are Asian nomadic people, and contemporary Turks consist mostly of European descendance. Which means Turks who live in Turkey today are anatolian people who converted to Islam during and after the establishment of Ottoman empire, you can't see a difference between Italians, Greeks and Turks.

No problem, China's major cities is better than Turkey's major cities, in addition to Istanbul, I suggest you go to China to live for some time, feel for China's economic standard of living. I know that most foreigners will have a new view, if he had been to China, so, own feel definitely more real than the data.

Sorry I didn't make it clear. I think Istanbul and the first tier Chinese cities like Beijing , Shanghai are comparable. However the second tire Chinese cities I visited are also well developed, cities like Chengdu, Chongqing have great infrastructures, especially Chongqing. That was a huge surprise to me.

As for the peace index, yup, it's not related to economy. I was just trying to say that overall it feels relatively safer in China than inTurkey. More than a couple of occasions I saw soliders with weapon patrolling in civilian areas.
Maybe Turkish are more passionate? I saw a lot of people in Konya celebrating Galatasaray won the championship like crazy at midnight. I was thinking : Galatasaray wins the champship practically every year, what's the big deal? Maybe the hate Besiktas? :D

Most Turks maybe mixed however that doesnt mean that we have no Turkic blood! wtf?? you almost made us Greek or Armenian! Iam Oguz-Turk buddy dont know about you, but iam pure blood Turk!! And proud of it! Dont believe those ''anti-Turk'' Danish books you read too much fella!!

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Same bulls... what armo-greek anti-Turk propaganda is teaching and this smartazz is trying to sell it!! shame on you i dont know wtf you are it is a shame such Turks exist if you really call yourself Turk you should be ashamed!

Wow buddy relax, we are all proud of our ethnicity. I am just saying that people from the Mediterranean have similar appearance. It is scientifically proven that the genetics of contemporary Turks belong to their land of origin, which is Anatolia. The percentage of Asian genetics is about 5 percent. Which means the majority of Turks today don't have genetic origin in Central Asia but Anatolia. You shouldn't react so offensive, it is bad for your health.

:lol: You've never been to China. Turkey is just jealous of China's success. But that's OK. We'll probably shoot some more Uighurs for fun and there's nothing you can do about it. It is stuck with rusting F-16s, no indigenous technology, 150 pounds per month salary, unstable military juntas and making excuses for it. a typical loser slave race.

I'm very disappointed in your post, it reflects ignorance.

It is stuck with rusting F-16s

Turkiye has one of the most modern fleet and version of F-16's.

no indigenous technology

Turkiye has developed and manufactured many indigenous platforms and technology. Indigenous Altay tank MBT, indigenous manufacturing of F-16's, UAVs, APCs, firearms, warships, engines, parts, missiles/rockets, etc. They have also recently upgraded/modified and the T-129 an attack helicopter superior to the WZ-10.

150 pounds per month salary

Many Turks living in urban areas have a higher income, income in rural areas and other areas have been gradually rising.

unstable military juntas

They've had military coups temporarily but they didn't bring instability. So what is your point? The coups were done to keep the country on track.

a typical loser slave race.

Turks are a race of conquerors and have been this beyond all doubt. They have had 13 empires each which ruled and conquered and was mighty in it's time. They rank as one of the very few Eastern civilizations to actually have conquered most of Eastern Europe and colonize and integrate it into their Empire. Turkey is the only nation with a city Istanbul that strides two continents a jewel of their conquest. Turks ruled the Meditteranean sea for hundreds of years, destroyed united European armies, conquered vast lands, subjugated their rulers, and brought Islam to new regions. Turkey is one of the few nations to ever have an empire that stretched across three continents!

You have a lot of nerve calling Turks a "typical loser slave race". You are blinded by hatred it seems.

Sorry I didn't make it clear. I think Istanbul and the first tier Chinese cities like Beijing , Shanghai are comparable. However the second tire Chinese cities I visited are also well developed, cities like Chengdu, Chongqing have great infrastructures, especially Chongqing. That was a huge surprise to me.

As for the peace index, yup, it's not related to economy. I was just trying to say that overall it feels relatively safer in China than inTurkey. More than a couple of occasions I saw soliders with weapon patrolling in civilian areas.
Maybe Turkish are more passionate? I saw a lot of people in Konya celebrating Galatasaray won the championship like crazy at midnight. I was thinking : Galatasaray wins the champship practically every year, what's the big deal? Maybe the hate Besiktas? :D

The main reason behind low score in peace index is our problems with PKK. And to be honest, many Turkish people tend to be hot blooded, sadly. In Turkey you can find better cities than Istanbul as well. Not long ago i read a Turkish article which placed Turkish cities according to life quality. Surprisingly Istanbul was not even in top 5. As a matter of fact Ankara placed first for their high standard of living. Konya, for instance is another beautiful city, at least i think so. Its people are really generous and warm people. For example my city of origin, which is Kayseri, is another very famous and beautiful city in Turkey. It is especially known for its people, who are excellent i business and extremely clever. Most of the biggest companies and richest families in Turkey originate from Kayseri :D

In other words, you can find diversification in every country. I would be very happy to see China succeed in the international arena. I would rather prefer a World leading China than USA.

The main reason behind low score in peace index is our problems with PKK. And to be honest, many Turkish people tend to be hot blooded, sadly. In Turkey you can find better cities than Istanbul as well. Not long ago i read a Turkish article which placed Turkish cities according to life quality. Surprisingly Istanbul was not even in top 5. As a matter of fact Ankara placed first for their high standard of living. Konya, for instance is another beautiful city, at least i think so. Its people are really generous and warm people. For example my city of origin, which is Kayseri, is another very famous and beautiful city in Turkey. It is especially known for its people, who are excellent i business and extremely clever. Most of the biggest companies and richest families in Turkey originate from Kayseri :D

In other words, you can find diversification in every country. I would be very happy to see China succeed in the international arena. I would rather prefer a World leading China than USA.

You're from Kayseri? :D I stayed there for one night, got there in the evening from Cappadokia.
Cappadokia is amazing!!! Too bad didn't have enough time to expore Kayseri enough, exhausted. The next morning I flew to Istanbul from Kayseri airport.

You're right. Peope in smaller cities are nicer , in general , than big cities. I had great experience during the trip, from Bodrum, Ephesus, Pamukkale, the silk road, Konya to Cappadokia. The first meal I wasn't used to Ayran, but by the end of the trip it become my favorite :D . The only bad experience actually was in Istanbul. The taxi driver dropped me 3km away from the hotel and told me it's just right around the corner, lol. :D

Blue mosque is amazing! Cruise on Bosporus strait was great. And I really liked Turkish Pizza. Just curious why people chose such a name? It doesn't taste like pizza to me :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom