What's new

Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs

Not that big. For example;
76yJnL.jpg

camcopter s-100 is an unmanned helicopter, it has enough maneuver and stability capabilities, it can even use missiles. It can be loaded with radars, optics etc. And it's not that big.

bBL17m.jpg

One small RCWS and terrorist scum couldn't see what hits them at night, and if they could even shot it down we would lose just one drone, not any pilot and not expensive platform such as T-129.

edit: TAI's R-300 may also be same or similar class
tai-r-300.jpg

I agree but a rifle type weapon wouldn't be very effective. A grenade dropping drone, though, would work very well. If the grenades were stabilised and the drone had environmental sensors to calculate trajectory it could drop them accurately onto the enemy from high above, 500m or more. One of these drones with a 12-16 grenade payload would be a nightmare for enemy troops - too small and high up to hit, cheap to make, accurate, and good firepower. It would make a good CAS platform too.

You are thinking of something like a M203 grenade launcher in barrel/drum right ? The range isn't that long, but it could deliver support to ground troops

I agree but a rifle type weapon wouldn't be very effective. A grenade dropping drone, though, would work very well. If the grenades were stabilised and the drone had environmental sensors to calculate trajectory it could drop them accurately onto the enemy from high above, 500m or more. One of these drones with a 12-16 grenade payload would be a nightmare for enemy troops - too small and high up to hit, cheap to make, accurate, and good firepower. It would make a good CAS platform too.

Those mortars that Tubitak Sage developed would be perfect!

0EEZGL.jpg

That's pretty impressive. But from what I read it's "dropped" (birakma) towards a target. So if we follow up on the previous conversations where there was a desire to see UAV using gun-like weapon to support infantry, wouldn't the UAV have to fly much higher than 100-150 meters in order for the Togan mortar to be effective ?

You'd need to be able to launch the mortar both vertical and horizontal and have versatility to be an effective support. which is why I was thinking of the M203 because of it's small stature.

We should have guided Togan mortar rounds with thermobaric warhead. Usually 81mm mortar rounds weigh around 5-6kg. ANKA-2 could function like a bomber UCAV

That's pretty impressive. But from what I read it's "dropped" (birakma) towards a target. So if we follow up on the previous conversations where there was a desire to see UAV using gun-like weapon to support infantry, wouldn't the UAV have to fly much higher than 100-150 meters in order for the Togan mortar to be effective ?

You'd need to be able to launch the mortar both vertical and horizontal and have versatility to be an effective support. which is why I was thinking of the M203 because of it's small stature.

ISIS and PKK using this kind of ammo with drones. After that even Iraq army start to using it. Because its cheap and effective.

ISIS and PKK using this kind of ammo with drones. After that even Iraq army start to using it. Because its cheap and effective.

Yes, if you're in a guerilla war or you're going to attack outposts and such, that is true. But if you are constantly on the move in mountain terrain, you need versatility.

Think of it like this. You want to use a 1-300 kg drone to support infantry movement. But you want it to engage in combat along the infantry. if you move around in the mountains you need to be able to deploy the drone easily. So who's going to carry the drone ?

Maybe the drone is in a backwards positions and you deploy it when the infantry runs into terrorists. How long will it take for the drone to reach the battle, how effective will it be ?

Does it hover above the enemy (helicopter drone) as an easy target for their weapons ?

Let's say the enemy doesn't shoot the drone, since they probably don't have a sniper or a decent caliber to do some hurt.

How much does the mortar weight, and how many will the drone have ?

I hope you're getting my drift here. :)

My point is if we want a helicopter like drone to support our infantry in battle then we need to think of versatility. maximize the support and minimize the cost.

A helicopter drone (UAV I keep calling it a drone) with a M203 that uses https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40_mm_grenade as payload could be smaller and probably easier to use in skirmishes.

This type of barrel for the drone would be great. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milkor_MGL

Yes, if you're in a guerilla war or you're going to attack outposts and such, that is true. But if you are constantly on the move in mountain terrain, you need versatility.

Think of it like this. You want to use a 1-300 kg drone to support infantry movement. But you want it to engage in combat along the infantry. if you move around in the mountains you need to be able to deploy the drone easily. So who's going to carry the drone ?

Maybe the drone is in a backwards positions and you deploy it when the infantry runs into terrorists. How long will it take for the drone to reach the battle, how effective will it be ?

Does it hover above the enemy (helicopter drone) as an easy target for their weapons ?

Let's say the enemy doesn't shoot the drone, since they probably don't have a sniper or a decent caliber to do some hurt.

How much does the mortar weight, and how many will the drone have ?

I hope you're getting my drift here. :)

My point is if we want a helicopter like drone to support our infantry in battle then we need to think of versatility. maximize the support and minimize the cost.

A helicopter drone (UAV I keep calling it a drone) with a M203 that uses https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40_mm_grenade as payload could be smaller and probably easier to use in skirmishes.

This type of barrel for the drone would be great. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milkor_MGL

we are talking about dji drones. cheap fast and easy to carry drones. it can fly 30 minutes without modifications. Dont you watch isi drone attacks? no one understand what hit them in many videos.

we are talking about dji drones. cheap fast and easy to carry drones. it can fly 30 minutes without modifications. Dont you watch isi drone attacks? no one understand what hit them in many videos.

No I don't watch them, but good point. So the drone you're talking about is cheap and one use only, since the chances of them breaking down, or getting disabled is quite high.

But I think you are wrong, we're not talking about DJI drones. At least I think TAI R-300 isn't that cheap.

Back
Top Bottom