What's new

Turkish soaps: threat to Pakistan's culture or entertainment market?

This is what I don't get about these mullahs. If you don't think the drama is right, don't watch it then. Why force others to stop watching it too? Indian and American shows are as much of a 'threat' as Turkish shows. Ban them too then... but no, the mullahs love watching Bollywood movies :rofl:

Anyway, the Turkish dramas are much better than the horsesh!t of Indian dramas. All Indian dramas do is teach young girls of how to start fights within families.

Such drama on bad influences on culture can only be because of the lack of any Pakistani culture. If the problem is sex and violence, they can be shifted to another time or edited. I fail to understand how T.V shows are believed to affect ones one beliefs, at most people pick up styles of dressing or talk from these programes. If Pakistan fails to understand its own culture or make a definition of its own, such insecure feelings that TV and films from other countries will spoil a non existent culture will go on.

Such drama on bad influences on culture can only be because of the lack of any Pakistani culture. If the problem is sex and violence, they can be shifted to another time or edited. I fail to understand how T.V shows are believed to affect ones one beliefs, at most people pick up styles of dressing or talk from these programes. If Pakistan fails to understand its own culture or make a definition of its own, such insecure feelings that TV and films from other countries will spoil a non existent culture will go on.

Pakistan is one of the most cultured countries. It's one of the only countries where people proudly wear their traditional dress, even in Western countries.

Turkish Industry is no where near Indian TV industry of Bollywood, Indian cinema is out to conquer Turkey also in the coming days.
Pakistanis speak as if Pakistan is the only market for desperate Bollywood or Indian channels :lol:.

The revenue of Bollywood is 1/10th of hollywood But the gap will be reduced in coming days.

there will never be a day that bollywood can capture Turkish tv industy not because of india or anything but they are different and Turkish shows are probably the best i have seen in the world including any . Not talking about films but soap and tv series.

I think you are troll and you have this habit of getting into everything. I have seen parts of Fetih on youtube. Not as good as Hollywood but still good and better than Indian cinema of group dances and plagiarized scenes.

Fetih had a budget of 17 million TL which is around lets say 9 million dollars for a massive war movie and it was very good looking at its budget.

Let no one be fooled, there is still huge demand for Indian music and movies, but thanks to coke studio and artists like zeb&hania there is a growing trend of exploring Iranian and middle eastern music.

In 2011 the following song was the most played on Cityfm89 (A Major Pakistani Channel)
Demet Akal

pakistanis acting like we indians will be crushed and saddened if they don't watch our shows/movies. those things are made for indian consumption. we don't care if you guys watch farsi, arbi, francissi etc... ur choice

Only movie of Indian origin, that Turks watched is Avare of Raj Kapoor. And not everyone watched it.

And indians have never watched a turkish anything. most indians do not even know if turkey produces shows or movies. same goes for arbi, irani, pakistani etc... indians only watch indian entertainment and few watch american shows.

THE ONLY REASON why ishq mamoun became hit was that it had mini skirts hot chicks and not bad looking men! hence it drew the dreamers and fantasiers as well as purely naughty instincts of humans.

otherwise the story was pathetic! hell pakistani dramas have much better stories! specially HUM TV and all have improved their standards with Humsafar, maat & SHer-e-zaat

The Turkish serials are much more liberal than ours, but let's not forget our own dramas have rapidly evolved to include touching, hugging and what-nots. We should produce better content rather than focus on clothes and beautiful dames. Our older serials were a hit without all this skin-exposure.

Media is one of the most powerful tools of soft-power, we need to develop ours even more so that it becomes a threat to others.

What makes me laugh is, we send shitty serials to foreign countries and watching some good ones ourselves :D

What makes me laugh is, we send shitty serials to foreign countries and watching some good ones ourselves :D

Like what? It's probably because some very good serials if they are translated it ain't good like my best one at the moment is Behzat Ç.

pakistanis acting like we indians will be crushed and saddened if they don't watch our shows/movies. those things are made for indian consumption. we don't care if you guys watch farsi, arbi, francissi etc... ur choice

And indians have never watched a turkish anything. most indians do not even know if turkey produces shows or movies. same goes for arbi, irani, pakistani etc... indians only watch indian entertainment and few watch american shows.

We never claimed otherwise but we don't go acting like our things are the best although they are watched by so many, and it's not just dancing and singing.

Yes indeed, especially sitcoms etc., its hard to translate and gave the same effects.

We never claimed otherwise but we don't go acting like our things are the best although they are watched by so many, and it's not just dancing and singing.

Bro, I didn't comment about quality of turkish shows/movies. They may well be high quality. I don't know. All I'm saying is that indians have never been exposed to foreign entertainment except for american. That was my whole point. Cheers.

I don't care what Pakistanis watch really as long as it's not dubbed.
Anyone who produces dubbed content in Pakistan should be thrown in a barn and eaten by goats.

Pakistanis need to learn to read subs and appreciate the original art piece.

Back
Top Bottom