What's new

Turkish Small Arms Industry | Updates and Discussions

Let me present you to the MKEK KAAN717. MPT76's carbine version with short stroke gas piston. 90mm shorter and better looking.

KAAN-717-Kapak.jpg

upload_2019-5-23_16-39-45.jpeg

upload_2019-5-23_16-38-51.jpeg

upload_2019-5-23_16-40-13.jpeg

I hope one day Turkish armed forces make a modular rifle like the Scar or ACR just as an option.

Indeed. I would increase the munition from 20 to 30.
It will make it to heavy and also the magazine to long for comfortable and proper usage especially in prone position. 30 rounds of 7.62x51 and also short stroke gas piston in the front is very bad experience for the supporting hand. It's heavy.

What about producing new MPT-76’s with this new buttstock?
Would be a very good addition. One of the most annoying things in the MPT76 is the stock for me. Very bulky, ugly and non functional. If the mechanism gets loose it can compromise you in full auto like we saw in one of the "commercial" videos. With this stock in the KAAN717 the mechanism don't have the chance to loosen while firing and also have a very good functionality by adding cheek setting which can be critical to a long range shot. As we heard from one article of Can Yazici there were times which our soldiers used MPT76 on distances of up to 900 meters. I am not sure how accurate fire can be expected with the current configuration and especially the barrel length but the addition of cheek setting can bring big improvement for a good shooter by making his posture better and relaxing his muscles letting the following to the accuracy of the rifle. With the stock vertical hand grip coming with MPT76 with the bypod and that cheek configuration is the perfect combination for accurate mid/long range fire and effective harassing of the enemy leaving casualties. The comfort of the soldiers while shooting at long range distance will greatly improve.

5A0BC9A2-413F-4B99-84C3-433A5058DB73.jpeg

Now we have two version one is 3-12X the other one is 5-25X that can feed all snipers need,it should be avaliable on civil market but they are lazy on marketing

Back
Top Bottom