• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Where is the good old Police brutality when you need it? Gassing them with tear gas and breaking their skulls with batons....

We really do need Jitem or a Turkish paramilitary squad to crack and shoot these animals in the head.

Im really sick of seeing these traitorous animals barking while at the same time getting benefits from the very own country they hate.

Close hdp and tell the pkk animals to get the fck out of the country or arrest them on the spot.

No mercy what has happened my Turks you really think Alparslan, Yavuz, Timur, Babur, Baybars, KilicArslan and Ataturk would tolerate these sort of things.

Not only pissed off but also sad :(

Put them in their place, sehitler bunun icin olmediler bu vatansiz piclere!!

Oh my god what a bullshit propaganda 100% literacy rate in the Ottoman empire? These guys are trying to create a fairytale version of history that suits their weird fetish with the Ottoman Empire. Making a Star Wars version of it.

Oh my god what a bullshit propaganda 100% literacy rate in the Ottoman empire? These guys are trying to create a fairytale version of history that suits their weird fetish with the Ottoman Empire. Making a Star Wars version of it.
More like a 0 should be removed.

xpvk3cimqg221.png

It is fairly true, Almost all Ottoman civils could read the Qur'an, and that shows literacy rate is very close to 100 %, maybe 90 % because Ottoman language written in Arabic as well as Qur'an. This is not fairtale, it is reality.

It is fairly true, Almost all Ottoman civils could read the Qur'an, and that shows literacy rate is very close to 100 %, maybe 90 % because Ottoman language written in Arabic as well as Qur'an. This is not fairtale, it is reality.

And which godly scientific sources have you used to come to this nonsense? So literacy rate was higher than most western nations? Even though, of all the 40000 villages in Anatolia, only 2000 had medresses?

I guess literacy rate is not the only issue here! since it only makes sense if there is anything to read out there. So One should also take in to consideration the total number of publications and their availability to ordinary people. Atatürk didnt just change the alphabet the aim of his revolution was aiming to make knowledge attainable by the masses

Last edited:
Literacy rate of the Ottoman Empire was at 20 to 35 per cent.

Not to bad and not too great either.

Both sides have got it wrong. 2 to 10 percent is a mere exageration by some kemalists and also Ottoman fanboys put the literacy rate at 60 to 90 i even seen 100.

This is from Unesco

Screenshot_20191101-215745_Drive.jpg

I guess literacy rate is not the only issue here! since it only makes sense if there is anything to read out there. So One should also take in to consideration the total number of publications and their availability to ordinary people. Atatürk didnt just change the alphabet the aim of his revolution was aiming to make knowledge attainable by the masses

Ataturk success was making a united language. Ottoman Turkish and Turkish spoken by the average citizen was different hence why the reform was needed.

A lot of people think it was to tackle the literacy rates but it was also to make a united language a language which everybody spoke and understood.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom