What's new

Turkish police to help stamp out terrorism in Punjab

Norway is also helping train Pakistani police, not sure what they can offer not like they have much experience with crime.

Since you are jr.tt and you are advocating the move, so i believe its better to ask you, how will this help us CT? Will it be reactive force or proactive force?.....how will it be different from Elite police? PM hinted at new CTF formation in Punjab.....dont you think it would be better to restructure elite police personnel?

Revamping Punjab Police on Turkish model

LAHORE - A three-member delegation of the Turkish National Police is studying the policing structure in the largest province Punjab as CM Shahbaz Sharif wants to bring in Turkey-style reforms.
These officers and their families will stay in Punjab for at least one year as a part of the police reforms plan, mutually signed by the Punjab and Turkish governments about two years ago. The delegation headed by Ahmet, Deputy Director General of Turkish National Police landed in Lahore last week along with two officers of SSP-rank.
Apart from visiting police stations and headquarters, the Turkish officers are holding parleys with top cops to understand the police system here. After completing the study, Turkish police officers would propose a strategy to the Punjab Chief Minister before initiating training.
Officials familiar with the plan outline that the Turkish delegation would impart training in the field of counter-terrorism besides suggesting techniques to check and eliminate corruption from the police department.
During informal chat, Punjab Inspector General of Police (IGP) Khan Baig said that the Turkey police would provide expertise and technical support to the Punjab as part of capacity building initiative, taken by the Chief Minister to reform and modernise policing. “It does not mean that we are going to replicate the Turkish police model in Punjab as the culture, deeds, and social behaviors are altogether different in both the states, Khan Baig said. Turkey would provide training and technical assistance to the Punjab to track down criminals involved in organised crimes.
Since Turkey successfully confronted insurgency movement by eliminating terrorism from its soil, the Turkish National police would train the provincial police to fight against terrorism physically and technically. “Until and unless the issue of terrorism is not resolved, we will have to confront serious security threats,” says IGP Khan Baig. The Punjab police chief says that law enforcing agencies are fighting crimes and terrorism simultaneously and therefore the police needs capacity building to confront the security challenges of the modern era.
The provincial police chief believes that this very important initiative, said to be the brainchild of CM Shahbaz Sharif, would help the department to reform the police on modern lines to bring the law enforcing agency at par with the international standards. The Turkish National Police will also provide assistance particularly training guidance, monitoring, and administration to enhance the capacity of the forensic science facilities.
IGP Khan Baig further informed that capacity building activities would be undertaken in three specific areas like organisational development, operational capability, and technical expertise.
Furthermore, the Turkish National Police will also provide training assistance to the police in areas of national security intelligence, anti-terrorism intelligence, technical and electronic Intelligence, interrogation and interview techniques, crime intelligence analysis, surveillance techniques, canine training, de-radicalisation process, and prevention of radicalisation in combat against terrorism.
Before devising a strategy to fight terrorism in the Punjab, Turkish cops will study the working procedures of the police from registration of crimes cases to investigations.
After a series of negotiations, the Turkish National Police had agreed to equip the Punjab police with modern technology through a training programme.
Turkish National Police are considered as one of the worlds best and most excellent policing, which also plays a big part in important intelligence and counter-terrorist operations.

Revamping Punjab Police on Turkish model

Nikumi Police! completely opposite to Pak Jawans.

Again they should re-establish police academy and train under Pakistan Army, every police wala should go through Army training [general training and special police training].

This has been done in the past. I don't think it worked...

374197_548735588478660_235609346_n.jpg

2006.jpg

7008465740165487136.jpg

21.jpg

Galleries%5CImage%20Galleries%5CAnti%20Terrorist%20Training%20by%20Pak%20Army_160%20Punjab%20Police%20Personnel_Passing%20Out%5C10.jpg

7661869897864450452.jpg

2280.jpg

1850.jpg

Galleries%5CImage%20Galleries%5CAnti%20Terrorist%20Training%20by%20Pak%20Army_160%20Punjab%20Police%20Personnel_Passing%20Out%5C06.jpg

The Problem is not just training, but education and policy making. Turkish Police has good experience and i think we should look forward.

Nothing is going to help... until we block the transit to & from Afghanistan.

Nothing is going to help... until we block the transit to & from Afghanistan.

That is the responsibility of Federal Government, Army, and ISI.

The job of Police is to interact with citizens of a province, city, town, and village everyday. They are meant to counter internal threats only.

cb4..This has been done in the past. I don't think it worked...The Problem is not just training, but education and policy making. Turkish Police has good experience and I think we should look forward.

What I said was in broader terms, every bit of training and education should be provided, an average Army jawan is 100 times better than a police wala. Now my question is how in the hellhole Pak Army has a better trained jawans and police has the worst jawans, all this can be done without external help we should stop relying on others, we have become a laughing stock infront of the entire Globle...remember ramond davis and police wala conversation...."no money no vatur".

And no one is going to train your people for free better spend that money inside Pakistan and ask the help of those who can fix the problem best guess Pakistan Army no buts/ifs or has been done before that was khanapuri because someone [again political] jumped in and asked to stop this whole training and everything dried up prematurely. Policy making is not something outsiders would make for us you government should have work on it they are 3rd timers in Federal so does policy maker should be Pakistani Police top brass in working relationship with certain ministries...stop asking for outsiders to come make policies the type of crimes and other major terrorism is different in Pakistan than Turkey.

Turkey have done brilliantly with the waste mgt program.

I am sure their interest is genuine and they will make a difference in how our police do their jobs, I have no doubt.

Now it is upto NS to eradicate corruption from the police and to a full audit of everyone in the force.

Back
Top Bottom