What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

T-62

"in the storage compartment in the turret"

I don't quite see how that would work here: all ammo storage is accessible from the turret compartment. I see only 2 rounds in the turret basket area. I suspect it is very similar in T-54/55

T55-D14.jpg

Most ammunition (16 rounds) in the right front hull). There are 7 more rounds in the lower hull, under/besides the turret basket. And a further 6 rounds at the turret rear. Total load is 43, so some 14 in the hull behind the turret and forward of the engine compartment. Here is the marked difference with T-62 and T-72: rounds at the turret rear, much like the M60A1/A3 and therefore M60T.

Leopard 2A4. With the Leo 2, there is an armored seperation between turret interior and turret ammo stowage, I believe. The turret interior also has a spall-liner, which reduces the number of fragments and narrows the fragment cone in the event of penetration of the turret armour.
leopard-2-a4-3-jpg.71807

Last edited:
吃驚しました。たくさん忘れましたけどまだ少しだけ出来ます。いつかまた綺麗な日本へ行きたいです、特に大阪弁を慕います
日本語うまいですね!

今年海難1890を見ました。オスマン軍の制服は素敵です。

Would like to go to Turkey again after the Terrorists defeated

it is time to go turkey as Turk.. peopel suffering economicly so all turks in foreign countries should go Turkey and spend some money!!

日本語うまいですね!

今年海難1890を見ました。オスマン軍の制服は素敵です。

Would like to go to Turkey again after the Terrorists defeated

you know, You have higher chance of being killed in Traffic accident than Terrorist attack even this year in Turkey? Odds are it safer to be in Turkey than US if you look homicide rates :)

wow motorized now also? i think then the second phase is a bit bigger

The vehicles are being relocated from lstanbul because of coup, it has nothing to do with the operation.

The vehicles are being relocated from lstanbul because of coup, it has nothing to do with the operation.
But these are in Gaziantep, near Syrian border , may be logistic support for large scale operation.

has turkey faced any casaulties in this operation yet? and are the FSA units being supported by Turkey getting advisement from the Maroon Berets and receiving artillery and airstrikes to support their advancements?

has turkey faced any casaulties in this operation yet? and are the FSA units being supported by Turkey getting advisement from the Maroon Berets and receiving artillery and airstrikes to support their advancements?

Yes, 2 tanks destroyed, 2 or 3 damaged, 5 or 6 soldiers martyred. The FSA numbers are not enough I believe for this operation. They dont have enough soldiers to advance and also control the areas taken at the same time from what I can see. Also im sure there are special operations advisers there. I also think we need more aerial support. We have enough fighters for it, but I dont see it being used.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom