What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

I think this is the best map who share the same idea with you

If you think there is something wrong in the map or there are mistakes, feel free to tell them (with proof) and I will share it with the map maker.

A map is a map, no need to act so hostile. The person who made this map makes, in my opinion, best maps on Syria and Iraq and I know him closely, that's why I use his maps. There are also some other good map makers. I don't fool myself with fake maps that may take my side, because that won't change anything on the ground.

this seljuk brigade were under the sdf not to confuse with the Syrian Turkmen Brigades who are now with the TSK(not all at the moment)Syrian Turkmen Brigades :Sultan Murad Division,2nd Coastal Division,Syrian Turkmen Front,Sultan Mehmet the Conqueror,Brigade of Turkmen Mountain and Sultan Selim Brigade.

If you think there is something wrong in the map or there are mistakes, feel free to tell them (with proof) and I will share it with the map maker.

A map is a map, no need to act so hostile. The person who made this map makes, in my opinion, best maps on Syria and Iraq and I know him closely, that's why I use his maps. There are also some other good map makers. I don't fool myself with fake maps that may take my side, because that won't change anything on the ground.

I am not hostile of you or Iran but if the dark yellow colour represents the ypg/sdf(I can not log into the HD link that you gave to get into more detail),this is impossible because of the extension of ypg controlled are to the Turkish border at close to Halwaniyah

this seljuk brigade were under the sdf not to confuse with the Syrian Turkmen Brigades who are now with the TSK(not all at the moment)Syrian Turkmen Brigades :Sultan Murad Division,2nd Coastal Division,Syrian Turkmen Front,Sultan Mehmet the Conqueror,Brigade of Turkmen Mountain and Sultan Selim Brigade.

I would add that Turkmen also make significant portion of many other mainly islamist factions, from Ahrar, Failaq to Zinki in the north. Also there are arabs in formaly turkmen factions.

I am not hostile of you or Iran but if the dark yellow colour represents the ypg/sdf(I can not log into the HD link that you gave to get into more detail),this is impossible because of the extension of ypg controlled are to the Turkish border at close to Halwaniyah
Dark yellow is the front line or contested areas, light yellow is SDF, green is Turkish backed forces and black is ISIS. When a village is not confirmed to be in one's hand, it will be categorized as a front line area or contested areas. SDF does not control Halwaniyah, never did.

Dark yellow is the front line or contested areas, light yellow is SDF, green is Turkish backed forces and black is ISIS. When a village is not confirmed to be in one's hand, it will be categorized as a front line area or contested areas. SDF does not control Halwaniyah.

Ok,thanks for your clarification...

Pentagon spokesperson said :" Manbij is not done, there are [SDF] forces still taking out pockets of resistance"

Not to be taken out of context

Brand new rebel Grad luncher pounding regime base in Western Aleppo

There are already reports that Turkey has also contacted Iran and Russia before this operation, and you don't really hear an opposing voice from Moscow or Tehran, unlike previous rumors last year about a no-fly zone in northern Syria which brought heavy criticism from both Iran and Russia. It seems, after the failed coup, many things have changed between Iran, Turkey and Russia, this maybe be the immediate result, but maybe we will see even more in future.

Iran has no interest to directly fight YPG in Syria as they are not a direct threat, but it also opposes any Kurdish state in northern Syria, naturally. We have enough enemies in Syria (ISIS, Nusra, Ahrar al-Sham, Zanki and a colorful list of terrorist groups), that's why fighting YPG is not a priority right now when they are not attacking us (or SAA) either.
Your first paragraph is spot on, and we are aware of these developments. No matter what, Turkey from now on will surely gradually build deeper ties with Iran and Russia after all the recent happenings (e.g. Almost certain US had a finger in the coup and US openly supporting ypg) and the resulting immense mistrust and most probable irreparable ties to former level with the US and some EU countries.

That is understandable for now, but it would be beneficiary for Iran too if it at some point joins in against ypg to further mutual trust and co-op. I wonder why ypg is not regarded as a direct threat, because you and i know that after Syria it will be your and our turn (not that they will knock your and our country down that easily). Seems that while Assad, fsa and others are wearing each other down, it is ypg that is almost literally continously strolling into isis-held cities/towns unopposedly with US and co support, at quite an alarming rate too. As long as ypg has US and co backing they won't feel the need to negotiate with Assad and others, unlike Assad and the fsa that negotiate now and then. Anyway, we shall see how everything will turn out.

Last edited:
So, who will give up on Aleppo ? Iran? Turkey?

Also, Mosul... I got a feeling turkish tanks will be seen there too.

Main object is to prevent a Kurdish belt at the south of Turkey....Afrin is not important at the moment as it's contained.

If you go that logic....earth is round...is you go enough westward, you will reach Hasakah...

They don't want a corridor long side at turkish border, and I bet the don't want a kurdish sea connection.

Btw:
Main object is to prevent a Kurdish belt at the south of Turkey....Afrin is not important at the moment as it's contained.

If you go that logic....earth is round...is you go enough westward, you will reach Hasakah...

They don't want a corridor long side at turkish border. But I guess they don't want a kurdish sea connection as well.

Btw: https://turkey.liveuamap.com/en/2016/25-august-turkey-is-expanding-their-artillery-fire-to-the

So, who will give up on Aleppo ? Iran? Turkey?

Also, Mosul... I got a feeling turkish tanks will be seen there too.

Mosul? Maybe, but I don't think you will see it in Aleppo.

So my internet access is crap. What's the latest developments ? Are we going into eastern Euphrates too?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom