What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Someone produced this map, seems plausible except Tell Rifaat. I think SAA will move in on that city.
1JpoVb.jpg

Someone produced this map, seems plausible except Tell Rifaat. I think SAA will move in on that city.
1JpoVb.jpg
I read somewhere that Sharanli would mark the second defense line of SDF in the Afrin "canton". If true, it'll probably take more time to reach to Afrin.

I said the same thing at early stages of operation. It will stop before we get to Afrin and I dont mind it. It was obvious that someone would interfere before we got there. Be it SAA/Russia/Iran or US. Humanitarian cries would start. Afrin and Tell Rifaat will stay as they are. Rest of the district centers will be taken. Draw a line between Sharanli, the dam and Mabatli, I think this will be the northern border. Not sure about south. Wherever they deem as a natural border.

Give Tel Rifaat to Assad, let central Afrin be. I dont want to be like the Americans occupying what is defacto YPG/PKK city. Not worth of our soldiers lifes.

Meanwhile HTS is getting their asses kicked in Idlib from some slightly less Islamists. So good news overall for Turkey and Syria too. If you noticed they have liberated the areas close to Afrin and the Turkish border, it seems like it is somewhat in coordination with TAF and the bases there.

Give Tel Rifaat to Assad, let central Afrin be. I dont want to be like the Americans occupying what is defacto YPG/PKK city. Not worth of our soldiers lifes.

Meanwhile HTS is getting their asses kicked in Idlib from some slightly less Islamists. So good news overall for Turkey and Syria too. If you noticed they have liberated the areas close to Afrin and the Turkish border, it seems like it is somewhat in coordination with TAF and the bases there.
So...ASSad and IRan...OPENLY supporting YPG... But you... Think to give Tel Rifaat as a gift?
What more? Why not AL Bab...Azaz... or Maybe Afrin...

Can you guys stop your "Let's give to ASSad..." FVCK ASSad... Take and stop giving ffs!
You gave too much since the beginning...whatever it's influence, Turkish Lives, Lands and now You want to Keep giving? What is this mindset toward ASSad?

Syria doesn't exist no more... so stop this "shyness" and just move on it... Grow some balls.

You talk like a GCC arab...:-)

So...ASSad and IRan...OPENLY supporting YPG... But you... Think to give Tel Rifaat as a gift?

Can you guys stop your "Let's give to ASSad..." FVCK ASSad... Take and stop giving ffs!
You gave too much since the beginning...whatever it's influence, Turkish Lives, Lands and now You want to Keep giving? What is this mindset toward ASSad?

Syria doesn't exist no more... so stop this "shyness" and just move on it... Grow some balls.

We are not giving. Its not ours currently. What you suggest? Direct confrontation with Assad and Russia? As long as he knows his place, we have no reason to clash with him.

I said the same thing at early stages of operation. It will stop before we get to Afrin and I dont mind it. It was obvious that someone would interfere before we got there. Be it SAA/Russia/Iran or US. Humanitarian cries would start. Afrin and Tell Rifaat will stay as they are. Rest of the district centers will be taken. Draw a line between Sharanli, the dam and Mabatli, I think this will be the northern border. Not sure about south. Wherever they deem as a natural border.

You people are forgetting one thing. Afrin is not a Kurdish-majority town anymore. Since the start of the civil war, Afrin - actually the whole NW Syria - absorbed hundreds of thousands of Sunni Arab refugees from the South & East. In fact, some PKK racists expressed their concerns about an ongoing ethnic transformation process in parts of Northern Syria.

Al-Qamishli: Kurdish National Council calls upon Kurds not to leave Syria

KURDWATCH, August 31, 2015—At its session in al‑Qamishli on August 29, 2015, the Kurdish National Council resolved to demonstrate against the migration of the Kurdish population from Syrian-Kurdistan and the associated »dangerous« demographic change. Demonstrations are planned for September 5, 2015. However, last week the Kurdish National Council declined to demonstrate against forcible recruitment and arbitrary arrests by the Democratic Union Party (PYD) [further information]. Young men in particular are leaving the region due to the forcible recruitments carried out by the PYD [download report on forcible recruitment].

http://www.kurdwatch.org/?e3582

It is estimated that half of the population of Afrin is actually Arab (including refugees). Now add several thousand refugees resettled from Turkey to Afrin -> it'll become a core region of Sunni Arabs.

Btw, kurdwatch.org was a great project. Maalesef sitedeki bilgileri hic bir zaman propa amacli kullanmadik.

Berlin: KurdWatch discontinues reporting
KurdWatch, September 8, 2016—After more than seven years, KurdWatch will cease reporting. Our work is no longer being funded. We would like to thank our financial backers, our readers, as well as our employees, particularly those in Syria who in the last years have continued to work with us under extremely difficult circumstances.
http://www.kurdwatch.org/?e3943

We are not giving. Its not ours currently. What you suggest? Direct confrontation with Assad and Russia? As long as he knows his place, we have no reason to clash with him.
You have... Since he is working against you... and your citizens...
ASSad doesn't care to anger Turkey... since he believes to have Russia as a protector...

And Russia is not the almighty "power" in this region...as much Turkey need to keep Russia on her Side...as much Russia need to keep Turkey on her side...
So...if Turkey goes against ASSad/IR plans... and show it off... Russia will keep "some sort" of neutral place...

The latest exemple is Afrin... and the airstrikes at the entrance... of Nubl... with the ASSad convoy...

And Yes...Tel Rifaat is the property of FSA/TSK... because it is "right now" under YPG/PKK ...

You have... Since he is working against you... and your citizens...
ASSad doesn't care to anger Turkey... since he believes to have Russia as a protector...

And Russia is not the almighty "power" in this region...as much Turkey need to keep Russia on her Side...as much Russia need to keep Turkey on her side...
So...if Turkey goes against ASSad/IR plans... and show it off... Russia will keep "some sort" of neutral place...

The latest exemple is Afrin... and the airstrikes at the entrance... of Nubl... with the ASSad convoy...

And Yes...Tel Rifaat is the property of FSA/TSK... because they are the areas where YPG/PKK are... therefore their enemies...

Everyone is working againts us these days. But you gotta be rational in politics.

Everyone is working againts us these days. But you gotta be rational in politics.
In Politics... You need to show your Teeth...otherwise you are a prey...
And Today... All those involved see Turkey as weak... because of her lack of "Teeth"...

That's why everyone is OPENLY supporting what Turkey is against... Whoever they are...

And Those who show their teeth... get respect ..;it's simple as that... Russia did... the US did( like the last airstrikes on Deir ez Zor)... Ppl are waiting for Turkey now... Maybe Afrin is a beginning...

You talk like a GCC arab...:-)

I understand what thats supposed to mean. I want peace in Syria. I dont want to lose Turkish soldiers for urban warfare in Afrin.

Do you want this war to continue for another 6 years? I would prefer a deal with Assad where YPG is disarmed.

Less suffering for Syrian people, less death soldiers.

I understand what thats supposed to mean. I want peace in Syria. I dont want to lose Turkish soldiers for urban warfare in Afrin.

Do you want this war to continue for another 6 years? I would prefer a deal with Assad where YPG is disarmed.

Less suffering for Syrian people, less death soldiers.
Yes... But all this YPG/PKK fiasco since Decades... was nourished by ASSad...
ASSad... kept YPG/PKK/ and Affiliate... ALIVE... and ready to fire...
ASSad was never a friend of Turkey...

The core enemy of Turkey is ASSad Dynasty in the first place...
Till ASSad and his ideology is alive... YPG/PKK will always survive... and have safe haven in Syria and therefore Turkey Border...

And if you think a 10 to 30 km buffer zone gonna change something later on... just forget it...it would do nothing... When you have full road support in the Syria of ASSad...for YPg/PKK to thrive...

Yes... But all this YPG/PKK fiasco since Decades... was nourished by ASSad...
ASSad... kept YPG/PKK/ and Affiliate... ALIVE... and ready to fire...
ASSad was never a friend of Turkey...

The core enemy of Turkey is ASSad and his Father in the first place...
Till ASSad and his ideology is alive... YPG/PKK will always survive... and have safe haven in Syria and therefore Turkey Border...

No, it is not; google is your friend.

I guess you are a member of British-founded MB's Tunisian branch, right?

Back
Top Bottom