What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

IMG_20180208_142206.jpg
IMG_20180208_142156.jpg
Aselsan PULAT Aktif Koruma Sistemi https://t.co/yHCkSaqFPL

@Combat-Master seems like a bit modified version of Zaslon-L

what are the differences? is the radar unit seperate? or different?
@cabatli_53 yeah, I'm curious as to exactly what did they integrate into it though

it's this retarded mindset if you criticize muh precious leader then you must be "fetöcü" argument.
you can't put sense into those people

Definetely a modified version of Zaslon APS. Going by looks, it seems radar has been moved to the end of the explosive rod and likely made to be disposable. And improved electronics, probably up to NATO specs. Hopefully system performs well and saves lives.

Engrishu Pleasu.

Sorry its to long. And no alternative to English. But he was Turkish Chief of Staff and a very smart person. He basicly tells that after afrin instead of going to membic perhaps its best to let Assad and russia take the membic and after that Turkey and Assad should claim east of Fırat river. And destroy YPG

Sorry its to long. And no alternative to English. But he was Turkish Chief of Staff and a very smart person. He basicly tells that after afrin instead of going to membic perhaps its best to let Assad and russia take the membic and after that Turkey and Assad should claim east of Fırat river. And destroy YPG
Then...he is not that good...

Definetely a modified version of Zaslon APS. Going by looks, it seems radar has been moved to the end of the explosive rod and likely made to be disposable. And improved electronics, probably up to NATO specs. Hopefully system performs well and saves lives.

moving the radar at the end of the projectile is probably going to improve the reaction time as well as opening the radar to all angles. It should be good enough for all ATGMs we've encountered so far but YPG in manbij and east of euphrates have Javelins and I'm afraid these can be too fast for Zaslon in their final dive.

probably not, but who knows at this point, we don't have the exact specs. But we need to put these on top of turrets as well as to the sides of the hull to defeat ATGM threats coming from above.
upload_2018-2-8_15-23-51.png

We have to ask though;
Why would America give Javelins to YPG? Clearly ISIS didn't have modern MBTs that would require such munitions to defeat. I think the target was always Turkey. They knew YPG was the PKK in Syria, they are simply playing dumb.
I’m not pro akp try a different one, this isn’t about any government, what would chpkk do? Nothing.

I’m also not a defeatist either like you, soon as the op stalls you cry, I trust the abilities of our military men and generals.

Let’s stay on topic for the sake of the thread.
Well, I don't. There's been a giant officer purge and the following "reforms" did more harm than good. I don't care what you are, I don't care what you think of me and I'm not going to be told how to think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I don't. There's been a giant officer purge and the following "reforms" did more harm than good. I don't care what you are, I don't care what you think of me and I'm not going to be told how to think. If you don't like the way I think you can fvck yourself.

Right back at you, go fvck your self, your just a loser trying to hit the government with cheap political stabs, using our martyrs blood for political gains when you should be supporting the state at the moment at least until the op is over.

TSK has plenty of honourable and experienced servicemen carrying out there work right now, so don’t worry about “harms” our army is back on full track or next time our officers should consult with you on how to take over Afrin.

People like you just don’t know how to put your country first before politics. Go play armchair general on cod.

Turkey should find out what Iran and Russia really wants. It’s not to hold Assad in power. Russia wants a seaport on Mediterranean. Iran wants access on Israel border, or what ever. Give them what they need and get what you want in respond.
Lol. What an argument from Bismarck)))
As if 2 1/2 years after russian appearance in Syria and after 7 years of silly Iranian presence you don’t know what they want)))
Besides you are not in position to dish out access to Israeli border nor meditarrenean. Concentrate on afrin

Touphan from Iran now this. Where is tow and stinger manpads that Turkish propaganda was brainwashing prior to operation. Not in afrin I am sure

this guy>
1518051100878.png

That goes for the US aswell. It went from 30.000 border security force to "Turkey has some legitimate concerns" in a few artillery shells.

That's why I'm saying we should level manbij and fvck those naysayers above lecturing me we can't do it.

ceterum censeo manbij delenda est
Pick your enemies wisely. If you attack sdf and coalition in manbij and they respond with same brutality as yesterday, brother you will be embarrassed as a regional power. Especially if we take into account how conduct operations in ES and now in Afrin. No need to escalate with the US. Things changed and you have take a long and scornful look at Erdogan when he refused to “fight Isis” back in 2014.
Anyway, response from LtGen Funk

Funk told reporters in Manbij that the U.S. would continue to support the Syrian fighters despite tensions with Turkey and that a continued U.S. presence in Syria’s north is aimed at de-escalating tensions.

“I don't worry,” Funk said when asked about recent Turkish threats, “It’s not in my job description to worry, my job is to fight.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.voanews.com/amp/4243386.html

Taskforce wants to run off into the sunset holding Assad’s hand, LegionnaireE is just one foul mouthed mofo but, he/she/it has some valid views. As for WarDaddy97 - lots of babble - crypto Turk hater is possible.
Ok there Sherlock, i don’t know what that means to be crypto Türk hater, but you obviously have nothing to add except stirring some shit, name calling and flame. Buzz off

Lol. What an argument from Bismarck)))
As if 2 1/2 years after russian appearance in Syria and after 7 years of silly Iranian presence you don’t know what they want)))
Besides you are not in position to dish out access to Israeli border nor meditarrenean. Concentrate on afrin

Touphan from Iran now this. Where is tow and stinger manpads that Turkish propaganda was brainwashing prior to operation.

It seems you know the answer, so enlighten us,but answers can change daily in ME, as you know. Yes, I am not in the position, but maybe Russia, Iran and Assad are. With a little bit help of Turkey.

You assume there are not that weapons and all is turkish propaganda?

Pick your enemies wisely. If you attack sdf and coalition in manbij and they respond with same brutality as yesterday, brother you will be embarrassed as a regional power. Especially if we take into account how conduct operations in ES and now in Afrin. No need to escalate with the US. Things changed and you have take a long and scornful look at Erdogan when he refused to “fight Isis” back in 2014.
Anyway, response from LtGen Funk

Funk told reporters in Manbij that the U.S. would continue to support the Syrian fighters despite tensions with Turkey and that a continued U.S. presence in Syria’s north is aimed at de-escalating tensions.

“I don't worry,” Funk said when asked about recent Turkish threats, “It’s not in my job description to worry, my job is to fight.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.voanews.com/amp/4243386.html

All in all, it seems you pick up your enemy first, and gave Turkey no other choice. Let’s wait and see. Btw, you lost in Afghanistan (Taliban is back, no matter how strong your support of IS is), and you lost also Iraq to Iran. I don’t think you can handle Syria.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom